Forum Comments and Issues Repository

SChin

The forum software is now completely fubar on Safari (most recent IOS version from a couple of weeks ago, Australian English). You can't post, rate (like, thanks etc.) or perform several of the moderator functions 😔

• Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

31 minutes ago, Gorth said:

The forum software is now completely fubar on Safari (most recent IOS version from a couple of weeks ago, Australian English). You can't post, rate (like, thanks etc.) or perform several of the moderator functions 😔

Tweedledee and tweedledum…

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

is the site still broken Y/N

firefox_7JJ6yYxKhg.png

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I have to thank @majestic for the clue about in private browsing, that it works (Firefox and Edge), as we see in the previous post. Now i try we regular NON private windows...
Edit: no, it still doesn't work. For the moment, I keep stuck with private window workaround :)

Edited by Chaospread
test result

Fun an quick way to get the forum to display the "Request Blocked" error:

At any point in your post, begin a new line, and put some text in parantheses, like so:

"(THIS WILL CAUSE THE FORUM TO ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL)"

Just without the quotes.

A5TWbTv.png

->

aAYulji.png

@SChin -> tagging you in again. Some other combinations may cause this too, but this is a really simple way, at least on the latest Firefox.

Edit: Does the same on Edge, so it is not a browser problem. :p 

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2

That's what keeps breaking my posts lately...need to cut those nasty parentheses out of my life, I guess.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Edited by bugarup
Edge private, chrome incognito does nothing

On 12/23/2022 at 1:43 AM, majestic said:

Fun an quick way to get the forum to display the "Request Blocked" error:

At any point in your post, begin a new line, and put some text in parantheses, like so:

"(THIS WILL CAUSE THE FORUM TO ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL)"

Just without the quotes.

A5TWbTv.png

->

aAYulji.png

@SChin -> tagging you in again. Some other combinations may cause this too, but this is a really simple way, at least on the latest Firefox.

Edit: Does the same on Edge, so it is not a browser problem. :p 

I'm experiencing this also with double curly brakets and sentence inside double quotes. Not always though, if the sentence is short, double quotes seems to work... very weird.

• Hmmm 1

There (maybe is) another (issue) with more than one ("parantheses") per line.

Edit: Odd, it's hard to reproduce any of the weirder behaviours. Single line within () works well enough, but everything else is behaving weirdly. {{}}

"all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"

Uuh...

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

bGaevL0.png

Doing anything that annoys the backend in an edit gives back the usual response when you're trying to edit a post that is in a locked thread or has been removed. The server replies with a 403 Forbidden for some reason. I'd laugh, but it makes posting really annoying.

• Thanks 1