Forum Comments and Issues Repository

SChin

3 hours ago, SChin said:

Interesting.  We didn't submit any changes to the forums.

Why would it start giving you that issue again :(

Frustrated Man Pulling His Hair Out Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty Free  Image. Image 16472149.

Welcome to the world of software development... 🥴

• Hmmm 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Aside from that, I've only just bothered to check what that shield on some avatars means, and realise now we have triple redundancy in the space of, oh, about 10 square centimetres?

T73fs0V.png

EDIT: 😛

mNlIP0s.png

Edited by Humanoid
  • Haha 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Ha, that is a very fair point Humanoid 😂

The forums have changed so much over the years that they add new ways to images, then ranks, then moderation status, that they've just piled up over the years.  I might look to clean it up a bit 😅

I miss the good old days when it showed member numbers... i occasionally got asked why i had number 666 😈

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The issue is back for me too. I haven't posted in a while (before today) so I definitely wouldn't rule out that it happened at the same time as it did for Gorgon.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

The forum just ate one of my posts, but luckily I remembered the remedy from last time.... hit page back, page forward, click on the (empty) reply box and your unposted text magically reappears (so you can copy it to the clipboard just in case and try hitting submit again)

12 minutes ago, Gorth said:

The forum just ate one of my posts, but luckily I remembered the remedy from last time.... hit page back, page forward, click on the (empty) reply box and your unposted text magically reappears (so you can copy it to the clipboard just in case and try hitting submit again)

That does not always work, it sometimes randomly decides to not save drafts (or a moderator locks the thread in the meantime :yes:), or you'll get older versions of your post when hitting backspace. Copying the text to your clipboard is the only way to make sure.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

20 minutes ago, majestic said:

(or a moderator locks the thread in the meantime :yes:)

I wonder how many years I have to be reminded about that one 😂

• Haha 1

It happened to me for the first time a day or two ago. I think my issue was that I wasn't on the last page of the post I was replying to. I think that while I was writing my post someone replied and created a new page in the topic. Worth looking in to maybe.

edit: Worth mentioning that Gorth's trick worked for me too and I was able to recover my post.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I used to think that was a factor, but it randomly happens even while staying on the same page. Posting to a new page is not the root cause, but it seems to happen more frequently when a new page is created while typing. It also happens in PMs, and therefore is really rather unlikely to be linked to any specific amount of postings in between beginning to type and pressing Submit Reply. Whether that problem is linked at all to the CR/LF issue our Danish and Swedish members are experience is anyone's guess, but I'd say no. They get the first paragraph of their reply through after all. An eaten post is gone completely, and the fact that it still remains as saved draft means that something goes wrong during the posting itself.

Thanks everyone for all the information you've been providing!  @Sarex I'm going to try the things you mentioned (not the sacrifice 😆 )next to see if I can get this issue to reproduce for me.  As for all of you, is this happening 100% of the time you make posts or only sometimes?

Thanks again ❤️ 

• Like 2

Careful, lest we confuse the issues here. They might be related, but there's no indication that they are. One kills posts entirely, the other just until the first regular line break. The former happens to everyone every now and then, the other exclusively to people posting from Scandinavia (the one without Finland, because they're apparently fine :p).

edit: would perhaps be interesting if anyone affected by the line break issue could post while having their browser's dev console open to see if there's some readily apparent javascript or server error that for some reason doesn't prevent posting entirely. @Azdeus or @omgFIREBALLS or @Noqn. A short description / how-to if necessary. Seems unlikely, but who knows. :)

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, majestic said:

Careful, lest we confuse the issues here. They might be related, but there's no indication that they are. One kills posts entirely, the other just until the first regular line break. The former happens to everyone every now and then, the other exclusively to people posting from Scandinavia (the one without Finland, because they're apparently fine :p).

edit: would perhaps be interesting if anyone affected by the line break issue could post while having their browser's dev console open to see if there's some readily apparent javascript or server error that for some reason doesn't prevent posting entirely. @Azdeus or @omgFIREBALLS or @Noqn. A short description / how-to if necessary. Seems unlikely, but who knows. :)

It's been a while since I had many issues, but I did notice that last time I got a popup pestering me about cookies after I tried to post?

Edit; Heh, doubt this'd be useful 😂;dev.thumb.JPG.b5b3450b2ac1beec19ee21d8a22b6723.JPG

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Wut? Cookies abusing the samesite property? Send for Marie Antoinette immediately!

Testing console thingy

Nothing

Edited by omgFIREBALLS

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Hey @Chaospreadfrom my understanding, people who run into this issue seem to have it on all browsers, but I'd appreciate the check if you want to test it on Edge or FireFox :)

Until we can find a fix for this, it might be best for your lists to manually number or bullet with hyphens.

Sorry for the trouble with this :(