Forum Comments and Issues Repository

SChin

On 8/1/2020 at 8:30 PM, SM117z said:

I found a bug where I can't farm mints with the Insect Axe. I would hit the mint with space in my bag and I wouldn't get anything. I eventually weaselled my way out of it by switching items, throwing and re-equipping my hammer, but the bug persists. Even with the mint hammer I can't farm mint without doing a lot of weird stuff. I opened the mint container at the beginning of the game, in case that matters, but otherwise I have no idea what caused it. Tried quitting/re-entering as well as going back in time to remake the hammer. Neither worked. Wish I could give more help, but that's all I know.

I think you posted this in the wrong forum, this is for issues with the forums itself not the game.

14 hours ago, Teresa Watts said:

I'm having issues loading into my saved games.  Everything I've built is missing 

Are you on Xbox or PC?  I think thats on their known issues on Trello but I think you posted this in the wrong forum, this is for issues with the forums itself not the game.

On 8/1/2020 at 8:30 PM, SM117z said:

I found a bug where I can't farm mints with the Insect Axe. I would hit the mint with space in my bag and I wouldn't get anything. I eventually weaselled my way out of it by switching items, throwing and re-equipping my hammer, but the bug persists. Even with the mint hammer I can't farm mint without doing a lot of weird stuff. I opened the mint container at the beginning of the game, in case that matters, but otherwise I have no idea what caused it. Tried quitting/re-entering as well as going back in time to remake the hammer. Neither worked. Wish I could give more help, but that's all I know.

but to answer your question, you need the insect hammer.  Odd, have you tried the mint in the ant hill?

Hello, First of all, Thank you for such a fun game. My wife and I are really enjoying it. With that said, We are playing on XBOX, (She is on an XBOX OneX, and I am on an OG XBOX One) we are constantly having issues with getting high ping, and not being able to play the game together to a point, where we have stopped trying. If she loads the game, I then join her, we get HIGH PING notifications, and soon, I am kicked out of the game. Then when I try to rejoin, and will not allow me to. Since the game is saved under her profile, we can not try that in reverse. When she tries to join my game, the same thing happens. With this game not having a couch co-op mode (not that I am complaining, we bought 2 XBOX's for just such a thing) We have no issue playing other games, but THIS one, is a HUGE hurt, we like the game, and would like to continue to play, but with the high ping, on 2 different consoles, inside of the same home (with good internet) we can not play this game for more than 20mins together. Are there any plans to resolve this issue? I see that it is being worked on for PC, but I do not see any reports for XBOX. PLEASE HELP!! (Thank you)

• 3 weeks later...

Every time the forum gets updated, it gets worse. Now everything is huge, except for the post width, which is smaller, and the readability of the post text is still not better. What's up with this huge block thing on the right side.. can I at least disable that? I'm not looking at it, I'm not interested in it, but it fills up 1/3 of my whole screen width at all times. I don't care who is the top poster in this thread, I don't care what the popular days are (why does this exist in the first place?), I don't need to always know the amount of posts, when it was created, or how much time has passed since the last reply. It's just useless clutter ...

Same about the main board view ... topic list, blog posts, I don't care. And by the way, yes, I have seen the announcements, you don't have to remind me of them all the time. In fact, it makes it worse, because the announcement list becomes so normal that I won't realize anymore once there's a new entry.

I honestly just want thy olde tymes back, when minimalist designs were a thing.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Hey Lexx,

Thank you for the feedback!  Unfortunately the theme we were using for the Invision forums was no longer being updated by the creator of the theme.  As a result, we've had to edit Invision's default theme which has made things a bit bigger.  We are still working on making tweaks here and there to get the aesthetic as good as we can so you may notice small changes over time.

As for the content on the side, if that's gone, by default it doesn't expand the main content in the center as the layout is modular, but I'll bring this up with the team to see if streamlining the design is something that the Invision tools will let us do.

Thanks again for the feedback and sorry for any of the unwanted changes.

^ I noticed the post width shrinkage as well.  If you're still on 1080 it's not that bad but on 1440 or 4k (lol) it's kind of annoying at full desktop size. But I tend to size browser windows to half or 2/3 of my desktop size anyway.  I do like that it scales well to resizing (to a point) so if I want I can have it be this tiny narrow strip on one side and it's still readable/functional (doing this puts the "Announcements etc" bars at the bottom, like on mobile), heh.

I find default fonts on a lot of websites/web software these days terrible to read, especially using higher resolutions, and I force a font via browser settings vs. allowing sites to pick.

Each update puts it closer and closer to the way such looks/acts on mobile, vs. keeping something that is more "PC-designed." 

Eh, I'm old school too, but I'm pretty resigned used to it by now.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Thanks 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Looks nice if I increase the zoom to 160%

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, this seems very off. Is it for phone readability? Because its only reason I can think of why would posts on forum be only 1/3 of the forum itself? It does not make any sense to me 😕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I have full width posts too and didn't even have to use any blockers.  :shifty::-

multimediawindow2.jpg

More seriously,  @Schin,  it is better than before in terms of width at full screen, even with those side boxes still there.  Bonus, it still scales down nicely with skinny resized windows - I think before I couldn't make them that skinny without a scrollbar at the bottom appearing.   :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I actually like the new size of things, at least on my old-ish PC, but the width of the posts is too small. I have like 30% of my screen to the right doing nothing, just a dark block. Can the entire Announcements column be moved and placed at the top instead or at some home page slot and not be present always when browsing the forums? That would fix things with a vengeance!

• Thanks 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

10 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Change is bad!

Or maybe it wasn't that good ?  It sucks a bit less now, though.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 4/26/2019 at 5:05 PM, 213374U said:

I noticed that Gfted1's rank is "Forum Moderator" and he's part of the "Moderators" group. He also has a huge "MODERATOR" tag right under all of that.

My considerable deductive powers suggest that he may be a moderator, but I would need more evidence to make a definitive statement.

And now we also have shields (?) under our avatars. Muahahahaha.

• Haha 1

It is time for a revolution!

• Haha 2

It looks like there is a setting where the modular widgets were showing up on threads with 3 or more pages by default.  There doesn't seem to be an off option, but I was able to increase the page limit to the max of 100 pages, so as long as you all don't post so much to hit that limit, you should only see those widgets on the Home page at this point :)

I hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to upload my avatar keeps screwing up its colors.

It should look like this:

W4r7esi.png

...but instead looks like this:

Mimarin.thumb.png.599f8815dccad7fa2831c0

A strong color tone shift, and I'm not certain why, since the end image is still a .png (and a legitimate one at that from examining it closely in Photoshop, even if it is downscaled). Not a huge deal, but seems/looks weird. Latest version of Firefox.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.