Forum Comments and Issues Repository

SChin

Just a suspicion based on the terminology used in the software, it looks like currently anything with a tag gets classified as "staff". Hence why even moderator posts show up as an "Obsidian" post.

• Hmmm 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, GhostofAnakin said:

I'm going to be the first and only person to post about thanking whoever fixed the auto log-in feature.

Thank you for being our collective voice, when we just couldn't find the right words to say ourselves. Such poetry.

• Like 2

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

6 hours ago, smjjames said:

*ahem* The three posts above yours?

That was the joke ... You know, following 3 people who already said it and pretending to be the first and only one?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Whoohoo! We got back the square avatars (with dem rounded corners). Finally I can see my ears again! ;)

Thanks a bunch!

Now please reintroduce BBCode mode! :p

PS: what about the background profile picture (cover art or something)? Will we be able to change that in the future? 

Edited by Boeroer
supertypo aaand forgot something. Now I'm done I hope...
  • Haha 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Whoohoo! We got back the square avatars (with dem rounded corners). Finally I can see my ears again! ;)

Ears - it's the second important thing for orlans. :grin:

2 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

Ears - it's the second important thing for orlans. :grin:

How else would you know it was an orlan? 😄

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

On 5/2/2019 at 2:31 AM, Boeroer said:

Hm...  I now stay logged in on my phone just fine. Or what do you mean?

I think this is in reference to the "Stay logged in" checkbox that existed on the old forums.

With the new software, both mobile and desktop users automatically set an auth token via browser cookie.  To log off you have to do so manually, wait for the cookie to expire (90 days?, nope 7 days), or revoke a session via Account Settings.  It's a convenience for many, but for anyone using a shared PC, you may need to remember to log out, rather than assume the session will end when you close the browser.

Edited by Ethics Gradient
It's cookie time

I meant that the ‘recently used devices’ section in account management doesn’t show up on iPhone, but it shows up on iPad. Pretty sure the 90 day cookie thing also applies to iPhone, so, it works regardless. 

Edited by smjjames

Can't say since I don't use those very often (I manually type the BBcode tags instead which is faster for me in most cases). But speaking of buttons: I have problems with saving posts when on mobile. The button will change from "Save" to "Saving..." but then it changes back to "Save" and nothing happens. Some Javascript hickup I guess. I didn't bother to look into the chrome console... :-

It's not a consistent problem though. ONly happens once in a while. But when it happens it won't go away - until I copy my text, reload the entire page, paste and then save.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ethics Gradient said:

Yup.  Looks like we spoke too soon on the long term logins.  The cookies seem to expire after 7 days now.  Oh well.

+1 to that, I’m seeing it here too. I thought it refreshed the cookie or something every time I visited. 

Also, quoting you didn’t also get boeroers quote that was nested inside for some reason. 

Erm, I've just noticed that I can't edit some of my non-recent posts/threads.

For example I'd like to edit the top post in Attack Speed Thread (link), and the "edit" button is not there:

--

NlMqeVd.png

--

Have you disabled the ability to edit/update posts created before the re-design? If so, why?

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Gasp! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2019 at 9:44 PM, ShadySands said:

I keep getting thrown off by all the mod posts marking the threads with Obs responses. Pretty sure before only dev group folks did that.

am gonna bump this. 

at the moment, the obsidians ain't particular active with developing or posting, but is nevertheless annoying when threads is misidentified as having obsidian contribution. new patch for deadfire is released and predictable the offering spawns numerous questions directed at obsidian. if a mod replies in the thread, the thread gets the obs tag, which is resulting in functional clickbait.

amentep seems like a swell guy, so am hoping this is fixed 'cause am developing an almost  pavlovian disappointment when seeing his posts. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

What about BBCode mode? It's so hard to deal with quotes and other tags with the current editor. Posts with a bit more sophisticated formatting (see char builds for example) are a pain right now without it.

And can I now edit older posts? You know it's kind of frustrating that I can't edit the Deadfire Build List anymore. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

What about BBCode mode? It's so hard to deal with quotes and other tags with the current editor. Posts with a bit more sophisticated formatting (see char builds for example) are a pain right now without it.

BBCode mode is still sorta around.  The button disappeared in the newest version of the board software, but if you manually type it anyway, it will parse.  If you enter:

[b][u]Super List[/u][/b]
[list]
[*]Oh, an item
[*]Wow, another item!
[*][i]Italic item[/i]
[*][url="https://google.com"]google link[/url]
[/list]

It should display appropriately when you post or press the preview button:

Super List

• Oh, an item
  • Wow, another item!
  • Italic item
  • google link

(Though, it doesn't remember your source BBCode if you come back for an edit.)  :(

Edited by Ethics Gradient
Checking on how edits work.

It's been 16 days. Still can't edit my older posts.

And still missing the old wysiwyg editor.

The current one:

• lacks the switch between visual and non-visual modes.
  • lacks the quote in a quote.
  • adds an unneeded empty line after bb quotes on post, so you have to edit them out after posting 
  • and is often taking a string that follows a bb quote, and putting it into the quotes body.... Example:

.quote. SOME_QUOTE_TEXT ./quote. (square brackets instead of dots)

reply_line_string_1

reply_line_string_2

Upon submitting the post, reply_line_string_2 is often moved inside the quote and appended to SOME_QUOTE_TEXT. And you can't even edit the quote block. Grrr.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Sad 1