Forum Comments and Issues Repository

SChin

Line breaks are huge. I guess the idea is to get rid of the need to create double line breaks to separate between paragraphs like we used to, but everyone's signatures that haven't updated are way too big right now.

Our avatars are now circles. The images we use to create them are squares or rectangles at worst. This new trend of circle avatars has really got to go. A lot of classic avatars from old users are currently in shambles. Guess I can bring out my vectorized, transparent background avatars, though.

img%5D

Smug%20Yellow%20Pearl%20(Vectorized).png

Bring back bbcode mode! Trying to navigate or create posts with lots of bbcode with no way to manually edit the bbcode itself is a nightmare. But I've been to other forums that have made this same software upgrade and they all say that there's no way to bring it back, so I imagine we're stuck with it. @KaineParker @Gromnir @algroth @Lexx @Gfted1 @whoelsecaniping

Actually, real talk, Lexx, your ignore script doesn't work anymore, :(.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Oh my goodness garlic gracious, my above post is exactly why bbcode mode is so necessary. What happened to my post, and why can't I edit anything to do with the spoiler except delete all of it outright? Let's try that again...

test

I can edit that one, but not the one in the previous post. Sigh... And on that note, when I wrote "your ignore script doesn't work" to "Lexx", I actually meant @Fenixp. Whoops. I would fix it, but it's not worth the trouble in wiping that entire section and starting over again.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

23 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

but everyone's signatures that haven't updated are way too big right now. 

At least you can hide/turn on-off individual signatures now, instead of only a total blanket on/off. There's a lot of small QoL things like that which I'm liking a lot as I discover them.

25 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Our avatars are now circles.

I'd definitely like them back as square-ish.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Edit: oh, bother, never mind. It's a script, and I was blocking it because it was never a needed one here before. Dob.
EditEdit: if you're using a scriptblocker, you now need to allow the "amazonaws" one for spoiler tags, "hidden content" to function.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Am I only one who got forum completely broken in all browsers?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

5 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

Am I only one who got forum completely broken in all browsers?

Broken in what way? Details man, details. ;)
Some things seem to have poofed, like all the old Likes on posts and we're all sussing out new features, but overall it works fine here.  Firefox 61, both on Win7 and Win10. Haven't tried any other browser.

I mean broken broken, I have extra hard time to even post anything, all background is white, i can see all emotes under each post, everything is in plain text, there are no styles at all. Its basically white page with black text and links broken into total mess, I would put in screenshot but I can't because i dont see any editing tools for my posts

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Can't say anything about the desktop version (am on vacation) but the mobile version is worse than the old one: harder to read, too many little things all over the place like icons, links... and also small font size. The old mobile version had a bright background and dark text which was easier to read in bright sunlight than the new white on black.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

34 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

I mean broken broken, I have extra hard time to even post anything, all background is white, i can see all emotes under each post, everything is in plain text, there are no styles at all. Its basically white page with black text and links broken into total mess

It could be cache. I.e. browser trying to fetch old resources, which are no longer there.

Try refreshing the page via ctrl-shift-R.

Or clear browser data (ctrl-shift-delete will open respective modal)

34 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

I would put in screenshot but I can't because i dont see any editing tools for my posts

You can upload it to imgur, and post it here via:

[img=https://imgur.com/foobar]

15 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

The old mobile version had a bright background and dark text which was easier to read in bright sunlight than the new white on black.

You can try changing the mobile theme to black-on-white (check the footer, it's called "Default"). Although text, tags, icons and links "all over the place" is still the same.

Trying some bbcode:

Edit: how do I even edit the P.S. from inside of spoiler?? (for example I want to move it from the end of spoiler to after the spoiler, and can't, except by wiping the whole section and re-typing again).

foobar foobar foobar foobar

[img=140x100140x100 140x100

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63ji56vgL3I[/youtube]

P.S. I really miss that editor button which allowed you to switch between visual and bbcode modes.

Edited by MaxQuest

Real f***k up with copy-paste formatted JSON from VS Code (or anything)

Hard times for Pillars modders 🤣

"DefaultMultiProjectileScaling": {
                        "ScalingType": "Default",
                        "BaseLevel": 0,
                        "LevelIncrement": 1,
                        "MaxLevel": 0,
                        "DamageAdjustment": 1.05,
                        "DurationAdjustment": 1,
                        "BounceCountAdjustment": 0,
                        "ProjectileCountAdjustment": 0.5,
                        "AccuracyAdjustment": 1,
                        "PenetrationAdjustment": 0.25
                    },
                    "DefaultBounceScaling": {
                        "BounceCountAdjustment": 0.5,
                        "ProjectileCountAdjustment": 0,
                    },
                    "DefaultEffectScaling": {
                        "DurationAdjustment": 1.05,
                    },
                    "DefaultWeaponAttackScaling": {
                        "DurationAdjustment": 1.05,
                    },
                    "DefaultFallbackScaling": {
                        "AccuracyAdjustment": 2,
Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

At least mobile version is working for me, strange, I am at work so I can't access Imgur, refresh does not helped, strange

6 hours ago, The Guildmaster said:

Sorry Marceror, I just didn't realize that was your thread. :) Fionavar and I had discussed the edit grace period several times across various patches over the years and they've just not added anything that makes this less frustrating, at least with respect to having a grace period... I definitely know what you're referring to.

I'm looking around though to see if there's a mod or something but so far I haven't found anything.

Thank you for the response. After 5 years, I had given up all hope of ever getting any official response, so it is truly appreciated.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Testing BBcode with the code tag:

var test = "what"
	test += " the..."

Also: I can't prevent that annoying huge linebreak with shift+enter when I'm on a smartphone, can I?

Edit: right... you can't enter the code area when editing anymore. This is... bad.

Edited by Boeroer
Annoyance

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Cookies seem to last for like, 2 hours.

I was wondering if that was just me. Pretty much have to login each. time. I. check. out. the. forums. 

I also agree that the new mobile version is a little rough. Between spacious formatting and each forum section having a verbose description, the main board index is like thirty phone-sized pages of stuff to swipe through. 

36 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Huh, I started a reply and then changed my mind and clicked over to a different thread. When I can back to this thread to read new posts, the old post that I started but never submitted was still there in the reply box!

Yeh, this forum likes to remember everything ...

... except that you don't want to get logged out automatically. : >

Also kinda hate the double linebreak.

/edit: And this forum ruins my smiley with some ****ty icon.

:>
Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

5 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Can't say anything about the desktop version (am on vacation) but the mobile version is worse than the old one: harder to read, too many little things all over the place like icons, links... and also small font size. The old mobile version had a bright background and dark text which was easier to read in bright sunlight than the new white on black.

There's a second theme you can switch to that is mostly white with blue highlights.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man