Which modal abilities can be used with each other?

Models of different categories can be active at the same time. For example Vulnerable Attack can be active while Savage Attack is also active.

To know the different categories one must look into the code. Loren Tyr did this but I think he's not active in the forums right now. Another candidate is MaxQuest I guess.

Some modals are obviously placed in different categories - for example Savage Attack and Swift Aim. With others it's hard to tell (like my first example).

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I haven't looked into code yet.
But from my experience:

- you can have active at the same time: one defensive, one aura, and multiple offensive modals. (e.g. Defender and Cautious Attack are mutually-exclusive; Savage Attack and Vulnerable Attack are not)
- ranger's modals are going into aura category, even if they affect only ranger himself. (e.g. they are mutually exclusive with Gallant's focus and between themselves)
- even if two modals are not mutually-exclusive, and can be active at the same time, it's still better to check if their effects are not suppressed. Because if they affect the same stat, only the highest will apply.

Edited by MaxQuest

It's a mess I'm afraid:

Savage Attack and Devastating Blows are mutually exclusive although they are both offensive models. That's because they both belong to the same category (code wise). Don't ask be about the categories. Loren Tyr listed them some time ago and maybe someone who's not using his Smartphone to surf this forum can find it. ;)

Vuln. Attack and Savage Attack are in different categories. If I remember correctly Vuln. Attack is a category on its own. It's complicated and I think it's the biggest flaw of PoE that those things (stacking rules, modals, attack speed and so on) are not (or poorly) communicated.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Savage Attack and Devastating Blows are mutually exclusive although they are both offensive models. That's because they both belong to the same category (code wise).

Did you mean Savage Attack and Reckless Assault (rogue's modal)?

If so, they can be both activated at the same time. But yeah "+20% dmg" part will get suppressed, since that's the same status effect.

Loren Tyr listed them some time ago and maybe someone who's not using his Smartphone to surf this forum can find it.

Hmm, can't find it. Probably I could just learn all the modals via console, and see it in practice.
  • Like 1