What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Playing through Rise of the Tomb Raider. Enjoying it, but am getting a bit frustrated with the sections on the map I can't access because I don't have the upgraded item/weapon yet. Either I've completely missed where I was supposed to craft this stuff, or it's geared toward a second play through for New Game+ where all items are unlocked and carry over.

Aside from the very first map, you can return to any campfire you've previously visited.

Playing through Rise of the Tomb Raider. Enjoying it, but am getting a bit frustrated with the sections on the map I can't access because I don't have the upgraded item/weapon yet. Either I've completely missed where I was supposed to craft this stuff, or it's geared toward a second play through for New Game+ where all items are unlocked and carry over.

Aside from the very first map, you can return to any campfire you've previously visited.

Good to know.

Still sucks that it seems like half the stuff on the map I can't access/reach because I don't have the tools.

Damn it, don't tease me like that!

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Good to know.

Still sucks that it seems like half the stuff on the map I can't access/reach because I don't have the tools.

Damn it, don't tease me like that!

I actually like Metroid style level design: learn a new ability or gain a new item and go back over the map to unlock new areas. Particularly when the market is flooded with openworld games Metroidvanias are a breath of fresh air. 

i love how Lara picks some mushrooms and uses them to make instadeath cyanide cloud arrows

Her construction of high explosive grenades on the fly is the best

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Fallout 4 is the pure definition of a mixed bag when it comes to story and characters.

There are nice bits of story here and there but every once in a while you see something that simply makes your very existence cringe...

Hey, dude! We are the Brotherhood of Steel. We absolutely let no outsiders join our ranks, except for you of course! Your arrival was written in the elder scrolls!

Still a fun game to keep you busy. 

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Fallout 4 is the pure definition of a mixed bag when it comes to story and characters.

There are nice bits of story here and there but every once in a while you see something that simply makes your very existence cringe...

Hey, dude! We are the Brotherhood of Steel. We absolutely let no outsiders join our ranks, except for you of course! Your arrival was written in the elder scrolls!

Still a fun game to keep you busy.

Reminds me of my friends who hate cats. ...except mine of course. Mine are cool. hehehe I have a feeling somewhere along the line I'll break down and buy FO4. Why? I've bought every other Fallout title. Not only that, but I actually enjoyed Fallout 3 quite a bit. I firmly believe New Vegas outshone it, but it was still fun.
  • Like 1

χαίρετε

I don't care what anyone says, I enjoy the new Tomb Raider reboot.  Not for the same reasons I loved the original, mind you.  But for all the hate it gets, I've always thought it was much better than described.

I think most of the flak was directed at the original reboot. Which was weak in many areas. Rise otoh is a pretty good game, could do with some more/bigger puzzles (I kinda miss entire levels being a giant puzzle like Palace Midas or St Francis' Folly), but it's a net improvement over TR2013 in all areas (can't think of any it didn't improve on at least).

Does Rise have those QTEs that end with Lara suffering horrible deaths?

No, those thankfully have been scrapped. Lara now also actually has a brain and a spine, quite unlike in TR2013.

• Like 1

I've always said, I enjoyed Fallout 3 tremendously because it was such a long time between releases in the series. Fallout: NV improved upon it, but then Fallout 4 just felt like a big step backwards. They strayed away from what I loved about the world.

"This will either kill them... or be delicious. Or maybe give them a really good time."

• Like 4
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

When one of the outfits you can buy/unlock for Lara is a tank top to wear while traipsing around in snow and ice and minus-100 weather, I try to look the other way with some of the other less than realistic items in the game.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ugh, I someone managed to kill off someone in my "The Good Doctor" run on Dishonored 2. I don't think I accidently dropped someone in sitting water, so must have dropped someone from too high and they ended up daid. I restarted it. I mean, it's a pain, but these things go faster after you know where things are.

χαίρετε

What is it with developers and their love for knockback/knockdown attacks that interrupt players' actions and stop them from doing anything?

It is as if there is a secret blacksite where devs get taught that the best way to make a game experience is by preventing players from actually playing.

I sometimes wonder if devs have ever actually played a game...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

In both Dishonored and Deus Ex, I very intentionally killed someone right near the start of the game just so I wouldn't be tempted into doing a pacifist run. Besides, they totally deserved it. I still do non-lethal takedowns on 95% of the enemies but it means I don't bat an eyelid when someone dies.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

In both Dishonored and Deus Ex, I very intentionally killed someone right near the start of the game just so I wouldn't be tempted into doing a pacifist run. Besides, they totally deserved it. I still do non-lethal takedowns on 95% of the enemies but it means I don't bat an eyelid when someone dies.

Not a bad way to do things. I've never been a purist either, but I also try for non-lethal just because I enjoy the extra layer of challenge.

Plus often when you break stealth, the rest of a level can become just a near non-stop slaughter fest, which is increasingly one-sided because you've got a never depleted arsenal at your disposal now.

To be fair, injurai has a point with some of these people not being sympathetic. I ended up really liking the Daud character quite a bit, but if you took him from the first game, killing him in that story certainly wouldn't make you a bad guy. He was dangerous and uncontrollable. That said, I want my pacifist run in this game. I might try a middle of the road game. I tend not to enjoy high chaos or evil bastard runs. However, I got a kick out of the idea of killing one of the bad guys early in order to put aside any worry about killing someone later. guffaw! I tip my hat, sir!

χαίρετε

That's pretty much how most of my "stealth game" play throughs end up going.  I'll kill a couple of enemies who just needed killing, but try and knock-out the rest of them.

• Like 1

I just don't like killing people if I have the option of not killing them. Think of their families!

If you're the bad guy, and the people you work for don't even provide life insurance. Then I don't think I have much sympathy.

Think about savescumming as payout of your life insurance :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours