Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing now

• Please log in to reply
508 replies to this topic

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 4938 posts

old thread here

Playing Xenonauts with a bunch of mods - scary aliens be scary..

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8626 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Playing Arkham City a bit. I loved Asylum but never got hooked into the sequels. Maybe this time I will stick with it. Also trying to resist the urge to buy the new AssCreed. I will try to wait for a sale.

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3818 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl.

majestic

majestic

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Random musings on Everspace carried over from the last thread:

Yes, the game has full HOTAS support since patch 1.1. The devs patched that in even though the Kickstarter goal for flightstick support was not reached. I still stand by not using anything else than keyboard & mouse for the game. It is not a space sim and the combat requires heavy strafing to get through.

People who say they've killed warships are either talking about frigates or corvettes, or they're lying. Warship cannot be destroyed because they have no hitpoints (and they never had, at any point, in the versions available to players).

I also disagree that the game has no sense of progression. The energy core and regeneration perks alone makes things a lot more enjoyable, not to mention easier in later runs, and any of the subroutines or gylphs can make for very interesting combinations. Blueprints and crafting perks make the first four sectors a breeze to run through.

Oh and the DLC added a number of side missions, filler content the game maybe lacked outside of getting to the end to understand what the hell's going on.

redneckdevil

redneckdevil

Psycho Hillbilly of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Beat fractured butthole. Lots of padding but damn the nights were ****ing awesome. Now doing dailies in killing floor 2 and farting around in ESO. It's so awesome and relaxing (yes slow) in that game, u can do so much while not really doing anything lol. Sometimes ya gotta shut down the mind and just coast.
Also got some brand new players to play tabletop tomorrow for thier very first time. Yay tutorial day lol.

marelooke

marelooke

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • Steam:marelooke
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Picked up the Necromancer in Diablo 3, seems like it could be good fun but shelving it now until the next Season starts in 2 days.

Installing Observer right now and I've been eyeballing Hellblade, it wasn't on sale in the recent Stam sales but I'm rather tempted to get it full price due to all the good things I keep hearing about the game.

Blodhemn

Blodhemn

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 719 posts

Beat fractured butthole. Lots of padding but damn the nights were ****ing awesome. Now doing dailies in killing floor 2 and farting around in ESO. It's so awesome and relaxing (yes slow) in that game, u can do so much while not really doing anything lol. Sometimes ya gotta shut down the mind and just coast.
Also got some brand new players to play tabletop tomorrow for thier very first time. Yay tutorial day lol.

Was the main story any better than Stick of Truth? That was the only thing I didn't really care for in that one, but maybe that's just me not caring for South Park story telling past the initial few seasons. Doubt I'll pick up the sequel any time soon or at all assuming SOT is the better game.

Katphood

Katphood

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1668 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Sunset Overdrive

It's like Jet Set Radio but with guns & mutants that kill you pretty fast if you stay at one spot for to long. 

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3364 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I am back to ArmA3, preparing a new campaign, writing design document, setting up everything... I'm so stressed out, because I have only little time and I want to pitch that thing soonish.

• Malcador likes this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1107 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Sunset Overdrive

It's like Jet Set Radio but with guns & mutants that kill you pretty fast if you stay at one spot for to long.

I love the parkour/movement in that game! It's such a shame that the game is so overlooked. Probably the most unique game on Xbox One.
  • Katphood likes this

Katphood

Katphood

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1668 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

True. It's Insomniac Games trying something new and refreshing which works pretty well. It might disappoint some people that it's a 900p@30fps game but the performance is rock solid and consistent. It made me think the game was running at 60fps at first.  

Edited by Katphood, 07 November 2017 - 12:28 AM.

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Picked up the Necromancer in Diablo 3, seems like it could be good fun but shelving it now until the next Season starts in 2 days.

Installing Observer right now and I've been eyeballing Hellblade, it wasn't on sale in the recent Stam sales but I'm rather tempted to get it full price due to all the good things I keep hearing about the game.

Ha. I just bought Diablo 3 last night for PC. I've played a little on console three years ago and was very disappointed in character progression and how you automatically unlock.

redneckdevil

redneckdevil

Psycho Hillbilly of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Was the main story any better than Stick of Truth? That was the only thing I didn't really care for in that one, but maybe that's just me not caring for South Park story telling past the initial few seasons. Doubt I'll pick up the sequel any time soon or at all assuming SOT is the better game.

I wouldn't buy it then, I don't believe it was.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1107 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Insomniac games is awesome, as soon as they showed that new story trailer for Spider-Man trailer I pre-purchased it on Amazon lol

It really does look incredible.
  • Serrano and Oner like this

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6414 posts
Well the One X is here and all my newer console games look glorious! Even old 360 games like Skate 3 are in 4K. My PC kinda lost its main advantage (higher resolution) over Xbox for now...
  • Katphood likes this

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3364 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Can you play Red Dead Redemption in a resolution that doesn't stink?

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10904 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Well the One X is here and all my newer console games look glorious! Even old 360 games like Skate 3 are in 4K. My PC kinda lost its main advantage (higher resolution) over Xbox for now...

I saw that you could even play the old original Xbox KOTOR games.  That alone almost got me to buy one.

• Bokishi likes this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1107 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Regardless of what anyone says, it's a nice console, as is the PS4. Glad that consoles are still being made, improved and most importantly, they're doing very well on the market. Now the thing Microsoft needs is to get some exclusives.

Edit: And by exclusives I mean games that aren't on PC as well.

Edited by SonicMage117, 08 November 2017 - 03:50 PM.

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6414 posts
Red Dead not 4K yet, but I am hoping for an update

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2828 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I doubt that will happen.  

I'm playing some witcher in 4k on ps4pro, testing a monitor. Now i just have to decide which monitor i want to buy. Don't have room for  TV here, that's why i'm looking at monitors. IPS, 60hz will do, HDR is not really needed but PIP or Split screen would be nice. So LG i guess. 

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users