Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
651 replies to this topic

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3605 posts

I'll heed your advice, Majestic. I haven't played it yet, but it looked so beautiful, and the sfx and all very nice as well.

Oh, it is beautiful all right:

Can be a bit overwhelming at first, like all games with a roguelike core mechanic. Feel free to ask if you need anything. :)

Yeah, How the **** they expect me to beat a batleship when I can't outrun or outgun it? Same deal with the ****ing corvettes.

Voices of Nerat

Voices of Nerat

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 25 posts

Assassin's Creed: Origins

Mr. Magniloquent

Mr. Magniloquent

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 656 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Spoiler
Yeah, How the **** they expect me to beat a batleship when I can't outrun or outgun it? Same deal with the ****ing corvettes.

The only vessel in the game that cannot be destroyed are the colonial warships. They can, however, be totally neutered by destroying all of their turrets. The Corvettes can be tougher to handle for new players, especially if you are new to using the Scout, which lacks the maximum energy capacity to take them down without using consumables. Using secondary weapons (missiles) will make them tremendously easier. The frigates are most easily destroyed by closing range on their aft and taking out their hard points--particularly the "blast generators". It will take skill, but can be done with a basic ship without perks if you're a good enough pilot. I'm a big fan of Everspace, and consider myself an expert at it. One thing in particular that I enjoy about it, is the arcade nature of each zone. I can get in 15 minutes of satisfying gaming, unlike many RPGs where you have barely even begun to play after 15 minutes.

Edited by Mr. Magniloquent, 05 November 2017 - 01:33 PM.

• IndiraLightfoot likes this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1303 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I just got back from my family vaca in Australia and New Zealand, before that I got super busy with my work. I wonder how long I was away from the forums here, maybe 2 months? Meh. It's what happens when you have a life outside the net I guess. It's good to be back though :)

Anyway, tonight I'm firing it up and I will be playing Lego Marvel Super Heroes 1 as the 2nd is releasing in a week!

Also, nice to see a new member :)

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3843 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

S.T.A.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. Getting my buttocks kicked. Good atmosphere, dogs scare the crap out of me.

• Chilloutman and marelooke like this

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3605 posts
Spoiler

The only vessel in the game that cannot be destroyed are the colonial warships. They can, however, be totally neutered by destroying all of their turrets. The Corvettes can be tougher to handle for new players, especially if you are new to using the Scout, which lacks the maximum energy capacity to take them down without using consumables. Using secondary weapons (missiles) will make them tremendously easier. The frigates are most easily destroyed by closing range on their aft and taking out their hard points--particularly the "blast generators". It will take skill, but can be done with a basic ship without perks if you're a good enough pilot. I'm a big fan of Everspace, and consider myself an expert at it. One thing in particular that I enjoy about it, is the arcade nature of each zone. I can get in 15 minutes of satisfying gaming, unlike many RPGs where you have barely even begun to play after 15 minutes.

I've been playing this game for a while (and I mean I got it while it was in alpha) I've heard people say that they have destroyed warships.

What bugs me is that I don't get a sense of progression, weapons don't get better. Each ship you unlock isn't better than the default one, and most of the skills are trite.
I mean, what's the ****ing point of even trying. Arcade is really hitting the nail on the head with this one, it feels like Tetris. You just play to kill time and have fun but beating it is optional and not worth the time.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2623 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

DDO, which I'm still having issues with, and CK2. Steam says I have over 1000 hours in it and I started playing on the GamersGate version before Paradox switched to supporting only the Steam version. I can't wait for the China-ish DLC.

PS this thread is starting to display weirdly on my phone

PPS browser too

Edited by ShadySands, 06 November 2017 - 07:08 AM.

Mr. Magniloquent

Mr. Magniloquent

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 656 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Spoiler

I've been playing this game for a while (and I mean I got it while it was in alpha) I've heard people say that they have destroyed warships.

What bugs me is that I don't get a sense of progression, weapons don't get better. Each ship you unlock isn't better than the default one, and most of the skills are trite.
I mean, what's the ****ing point of even trying. Arcade is really hitting the nail on the head with this one, it feels like Tetris. You just play to kill time and have fun but beating it is optional and not worth the time.

I bought it late in beta. It was so polished that the full release didn't honestly change much. I'm surprised you don't feel progression. Having a ship with all, or even half of the perks fully upgraded is a tremendous difference in quality of life. Particularly when you get the crafting perks upgraded, you're very reliably using the best weaponry the game offers. While there are some weapons and items that are objectively better, the creators have taken pains to emphasize difference in play-styles, and accentuating pilot skill over itemization. This makes dog fights really fun. As towards the ships, the developers wanted a "different but equal" philosophy. The scout is relatively fragile, lacks endurance, and has less equipment, but is screaming fast, ultra maneuverable, and has access to a few good tricks. The gunship is it's inverse, and the default interceptor is a balance in between. While I liked the game, I didn't start loving until I unlocked the Scout. Easily the best and most enjoyable ship to fly. I have not yet purchased the DLC with the new ship, so I cannot comment on it.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 8792 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I haven't touched FF-XV in something like 3.5 months (?). Wasn't going to play it again until Ignis DLC is released but then ecided I'd fire up the PS4 tonight and at least download/update the console, game, whatever else. Then curiously loaded a save.

--didn't take long for me to totally forget how to use the controller with the game. Finger-Fumble city

--oh is that what the Dream Egg ended up amounting to.

--oh that new Festival has new Assassin's themed team outfits (?), I must get those.

--but still sucking at the controller after 20 minutes, maybe tomorrow...

Can't wait for the Ignis DLC tho. First DLC trailer that had me half-excited vs. "ho-hum." Never did play Episode Prompto.

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 6845 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Unfrozen_Keyrock
  • Steam:Keyrock

I'd recommend not playing Everspace with a controller. It's a shooter in space, it was pretty much made for keyboard and mouse controls. :)

Does it have proper flightstick support? It better.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7067 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Grinding along in Saboteur. Very much like Just Cause, but is still fun. Also spent some time in Overwatch comp, almost 2k rating (I guess people are really garbage this season)

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 4951 posts

Closed due to length (and the code seem to be getting a little wonky too).

New thread here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users