What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Having the same issue with any online only game last 5 years or so. I install something, what looks interesting on paper, get bored in 2 or 3 days, uninstall. Rinse and repeat every few months...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I couldn't get into Endless Legend. Too slow. I loved the original ES. ES2 is nice, but I haven't gotten the hang of it yet. Though I may just be miffed that pirates only seem to bother me and ignore the AI players.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Trying some Cold Darkness Awakening DLC for RotTR.  I hope I don't have to start at the very beginning.  I had to back out to take care of some real life stuff, but I'm not sure if that DLC actually saves or if you have to complete everything in one play through.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I've just started the old D&D game Pool of Radiance, had some issues figuring out the decoder ring stuff initially but I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. I've got a bit of a history of D&D CRPGs in my backlog that I'm planning on going through in order starting with the DOS era.

Finished dishonored 2 with precisely 1 kill. I did, however, kill the final boss the first time, but I reloaded and let that big boss live. *shrug* Deserved an unceremonious end, if you ask me, but according to Tolkien, some who deserve to die live. I will say this, they did a good job with Corvo. He is sympathetic and I enjoy his story, but I still think that Daud's story is better. Part of that is that I'm a sucker for redemption. Corvo's story is personal, which is excellent, but he's responding to what people have done to him and his family. Daud struggles with himself and so it's not about a series of antagonists. Whatever external foe Daud faces at any given time, he's at war with his inner demons at the same time.

χαίρετε

Thank God I could continue from where I left off in the Cold Darkness DLC.  One more tower to go, but I'm mopping up the other collectibles first.  Can't seem to find the last prisoner ...

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I couldn't get into Endless Legend. Too slow.

When creating a game, there's an options button ... Somewhere that allows you to significantly hasten both turn progression and combat. The empty clicks on End Turn button don't disappear altogether by switching it to fast mode, but they get reduced significantly - the game's length can be effectively cut in half that way. Edited by Fenixp

I just finished a replay of Dungeon Siege III. I really enjoyed it I must say, it's been a while since I played it. It's a bit of a shame that it was judged so harshly by many, but that is always the fate of games who change up the formula from their predecessors. I never liked the first two games in the series so I don't have any connection to them really.

But the gameplay is rather fun. Some of the encounters get a bit repetitive and slow but it all feels smooth, the abilities are fun to use and the 4 different characters are great.

The story is also rather good, especially for an action-heavy game. Choices are well implemented. It feels like the lore developed in the game deserved to be explored in a "real" RPG. This goes for the use of their Onyx engine too. I mean... this game looks freaking gorgeous to me. The lighting is spectacular and the art direction is great. The audio is *really* good. And it all feels so smooth, and with no loading times. It's really a shame that Obsidian never could follow up on all of that.

All in all Dungeon Siege III isn't what I'd call excellent but it's a pretty damn fun game to play and severely underrated all in all. I enjoyed replaying it a lot.

• Like 3

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Switched back to Railroad Tycoon 3, trying to improve my results but picking Bavaria in the Germany scenario was a dumb choice

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Endless Space 2. I like it, but it has the same problem I had with Endless Legend. There's not enough to do with your territory. There's quite a few buildings, but most of them simply don't seem worth the upkeep costs. I'm not going to pay 16 gold per round to improve my Industry when all that does is help me build up more buildings that cost 16 gold per round I don't need.

Make your capital into your industrial area, build up your money making, maybe some food production, build up some research stuff when you have enough pop for the upkeep to be worth it, and then just let all your construction be idle when you're not building military. Unless you're rushing wonders, it doesn't seem worth it otherwise. Even then you only need one city, the one with the most pop, to do it.

It'd be better if we could destroy improvements later, but I see no way to do it. If I'm spending upkeep on Industry and Agriculture, but want to refocus to science or money, I can't do it.

Edit: I make that complaint, then google around and apparently there are ways to destroy buildings. I'll have to look into it. Some people are saying upkeep is trivial too, but I'm not seeing that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I gave up on trying to finish "A Cold Darkness" without dying.  The final mission, they basically send swarms of enemies at you, many of which are carrying grenades that set off right when they run up to you.

It's just such a looooooooong mission to slog through only to end up dying because the game decides suddenly you have a hundred enemies charging at you and you have half a second to shoot a target that needs to be destroyed, all while trying to avoid those swarms of enemies with grenades.

Right under the X-Mas tree, I have got my second PS4 Platinum Trophy. Finished the 16th gold accolade Championship/Race, and got 3 trophies at once :p All of them pretty rare. It took me 120+ hours to get it, including races in online championship with my friends.

17 Playstation Platinum Trophies so far.

I think I will go play Shadowrun Dragonfall next, while I still have few days off-work. I still have not finished it :(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Failed in that Germany scenario. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I guess a poor start is killing me. Guess I will just try to finish the game, have 4 scenarios left

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Completed Rise of the Argonauts. Hack'n'Slash, based (loosely) on Greek mythology. Can't recommend it, but neither regret playing.

Played OneShot. Puzzle/Adventure isn't my genre, so I refunded it and will attempt to ignore positive reviews on similar games in the future.

I have no idea if I'm doing good or not in Endless Space 2. It's like a freaking game of leapfrog. Everyone tries attacking me and I hold them off. Then I go on the offensive and find they're using bigger ships! I upgrade to bigger ships and start crushing them. Then they get bigger ships and I don't crush them so hard. Then they get MORE SHIPS and I don't crush them hard at all. Then they keep sending waves at me until I'm sick of fighting, my alliance is begging for help, and I find out I've overexpanded and am taking serious happiness penalties.

It feels like "politics" in my current game consisted of expanding until you get border friction, then start fighting. Then when someone creates an alliance, everyone else alliances up until it's two halves of the galaxy slugging each other eternally.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think Divinity 2 got to me to the point where I'm sure to say **** this series. Having to square off with enemies that  get more AP per turn than you, with no restriction on their party limit, and having the advantage of better position is just harrowing. This game combat is so off putting that it feels like a massive waste of time to even try to engage it, and there is no amount of min maxing that will make you have more AP per turn without a massive drawback that enemies don't have.

Edit: I just found out that enemies have access to some unique overpowered spells that are exclusive to them. This just begs the question, why the **** is this so hard and who does it appeal to?

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

You can always play on easy.

Larian always loses me in the 2nd act. But I enjoy the 1st act enough to keep buying.  :shrugz:

I am playing on easy, but the specific fight that bought this on is the DJinns on the beach. They are so overpowered that it isn't even close to fair, their stats are way above their level, they have overpowered skills that have minimal cooldowns and you can't deal damage worth ****.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Ironically, I thought the combat was the best part of D:OS ( even if it did take forever), it was the godawful writing and cringeworthy humor that lost me and made it so that I couldn't stomach more than a couple hours of the game. I haven't played the sequel, nor do I intend to. Is the combat essentially the same in the sequel.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks