What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Nuka world is high level, but you can just go there and start it I think. Port-something (the good one) is one of the cases you get from valentines agency so he prolly needs to.be freed.first

Where's Nuka World on the map?  Or do you get the "quest" from someone who then gives you a map location that can't be found without that person talking to you?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Been playing Shadowrun: Dragonfall despite better judgement to start with the OC, but it's been smooth and satisfying. I'm almost 20 hours in now and haven't felt like I'm behind much for not having played Shadowrun before. I have to admit that this game seems overly simplistic at times after playing Wasteland 2 and T:ToN recently but there are aspects that I really appreciate: more polish, less -- actually no -- filler, okay to great characters, and enough options to keep me from whining about how it's not really an RPG. The main plot so far is good but not great, but at least if the ending is bad one can't feel overly disappointed.

Also Glory as a character has basically everything going for her. You could drop her into Planescape: Torment and she would seamlessly fit in. But to counter that the GUI, controls, and documentation are just bad.

• Like 1

Smashed the Dutchlantis scenario in RT3, so almost done the campaign.  Wonder if I should tackle the scenarios as well, just for completeness.  Still do not have a full clue of what I'm doing in the game but what works works. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Played through Oxenfree on Switch (first time playing through the game) and really enjoyed it.  Great voice acting and dialogue and due to choices made, excited to go through it again sometime.

Also, playing with a friend in Ghost Recon Wildlands and really loving it.  It was fun in single player, but the dynamics definitely change in Co-op with a real life person.

Also, playing through some Hammerwatch, Unepic, and Enter the Gungeon on the switch.  Awaiting the release of Steamworld Heists today on the switch.  Have put off playing it till now.  Eyeing my copy of Hollow Knight on the pc that's been there for months now, but also awaiting the release on the switch.....

Honestly, I think that was the hardest part of the making top 10, 25, 100 of the games or game of the year because I know there are superb games that I haven't even tried like Hollow Knights or Neir Automata and I only say they're superb from hearing about them everywhere.  I will reserve my actual opinion till I play them, but luckily, a lot of my opinions resonate with a lot of you here which is nice and great when talking about games.

• Like 1

Still struggling to get LOTRO stable. Reinstalled, updated gfx drivers, lowered settings, tried running in compatibility mode and still getting a few crashes an hour. Le sigh.

Played SWTOR the last couple of nights with my wife because she loves that game but she's so frustratingly bad at it. She used to be decent but she hasn't played in a long time and she never plays it on her own so I have to sit there patiently while she relearns everything. We tried to do the Revan expansion but we can't get through the first Korriban instance because of the mechanics during the big droid fight and I couldn't get it to launch in solo mode with 2 players... Maybe if I start it solo then invite her, dunno. Even with all my complaining I am enjoying playing it with her again.

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'm in my least favorite part of Dishonored 2, the clockwork mansion. Good ol' Emily managed to subdue Jindosh and get him down to the elevator and then get one of the clockwork soldiers to destroy the other without being seen. Time Stop ftw! So, now I have to go find the old coot and get him down to safety also. I would go directly there and be done with the place, but I want to completionist the runes and bone charms, so I have a little more work to do. Emily with powers is waaaay easier than Corvo with powers for stealth games. At least in my reckoning. Unlike the equally confusing time travel level, I just couldn't get into the clockwork thing.

χαίρετε

Just want to come back and say WoW to Image & Form Games.  After playing through Steamworld Dig 2 on the switch and loving it and now putting in a few hours into Steamworld Heist, I have to say whatever they come out with next, they have my money.  Their characters have charm, even without actual voices, the worlds express creativity and the load times on the switch, unmatched from any developer.  It's crazy how I can bring my Switch out of sleep and have a game loaded in less than 10 seconds, not even mentioning that the load times within the game are either non-existent or less than 1 second.  Anyway, enough gushing, but after reading Keyrock talk about Steamworld Heist so much expressing his joy with it, I'm very happy and excited to continue playing this gem.

nVBIG9z.jpg

Yup, that's a guy pressing a barbell as he guns down enemies lol

Edited by SadExchange

So, it looks like my game is glitched.  Nick Valentine got shot and went into "can't get up" mode, but even after combat was over, I had no option to use a stimpak on him nor did he get up on his own.  So he's just sitting there on the ground.  I can interact with him, but he doesn't move.  I even tried parting ways with him, hoping he'd get up and head back to where I sent him.  But, nope, he's still sitting there.

Ugh.

My last save was quite a while ago, too, and I really don't want to replay that section.  Hopefully he ends up making his way back to Sanctuary Hills on his own after I'd dismissed him.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I completed my Path of the Damned/Expert mode run of Pillars of Eternity + White march. I did not dare play on Trial of Iron and I usually find no enjoyment of permadeath. White March 2 was a big step above both the base game and the first part of White March.

I still have to get around to playing the White March expansions.

Anyone know how well the console version translated?  I have the PC version (obviously), but am tempted to pick up the PS4 version if it's at least on par with the PC one as I prefer playing on my console than my crappy laptop.

Anyone know how well the console version translated?  I have the PC version (obviously), but am tempted to pick up the PS4 version if it's at least on par with the PC one as I prefer playing on my console than my crappy laptop.

From what I understand, it's a good port with the exception of load times.  I think I heard the controls actually translated quite well, however the load times were quite long.  I'm not sure if that was patched or not.

• Like 1

From what I understand, it's a good port with the exception of load times.  I think I heard the controls actually translated quite well, however the load times were quite long.  I'm not sure if that was patched or not.

In that case, I'll get it when PoE hits bargain price for PS4.  Sorry Obs, but I gotta cut costs somewhere!

Trying Secret of Mana on the SNES mini, since it's one of the few co-op games available (the games list overall isn't particularly impressive past the first dozen or so). In short, it's ...not very good. Combat, the hitboxes in particular, is janky as hell. Ran into trouble with an early boss and the consensus advice on the internet is "just grind more". Yeah, not a good impression.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Still running around with the chocobro's now and then (in a new playthrough). It's nice when a game is the type for you where you can take a long break from it and when you come back, it's fun again. Versus some games where no matter how much you loved it while playing, you can't make yourself replay it again for some reason.

I'll never figure out exactly why that is.

Although, tbh, even with FFXV it's mostly the first half I replay. The linear sections towards the end don't interest me nearly as much. Just so relaxing riding those cute chocobo's around the open world section listening to tunes.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Trying Secret of Mana on the SNES mini, since it's one of the few co-op games available (the games list overall isn't particularly impressive past the first dozen or so). In short, it's ...not very good. Combat, the hitboxes in particular, is janky as hell. Ran into trouble with an early boss and the consensus advice on the internet is "just grind more". Yeah, not a good impression.

​Yeah, I wrote about it probably a month ago: played it for the first time with a friend in the co-op mode, and we were not impressed. The hitboxes-staggering dichotomy was one that they, uh, really got wrong, probably because they made it a dichotomy at all when they really shouldn't have. Would've been fairly easy to solve if they had just made it so that only attacks over a certain stamina level caused staggering (or over a certain health percentage of the enemy, or...anything but what they did with the magically disappearing and inconsistent hitboxes).

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

In that case, I'll get it when PoE hits bargain price for PS4.  Sorry Obs, but I gotta cut costs somewhere!

I've seen prices of £10 mentioned already.

Uhm, Spiky Tiger per chance?

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

It certainly fulfils both those criteria, yes. Though it should be pointed out the tutorial bossfight is completely ridiculous too, and you spend more than half the duration of the fight unconscious. I know nothing of the story, but mechanically this game is a mess. How it's somehow included in a collection of the twenty best SNES games will be one of life's great mysteries.

That said, I might try one more session and grind for that one bossfight to see how far the WTF factor goes.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I'm all over the place. Setting Stellaris and Endless Space 2 aside, I started up The Sexy Brutale last night. It's pretty excellent so far.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So, it looks like my game is glitched.  Nick Valentine got shot and went into "can't get up" mode, but even after combat was over, I had no option to use a stimpak on him nor did he get up on his own.  So he's just sitting there on the ground.  I can interact with him, but he doesn't move.  I even tried parting ways with him, hoping he'd get up and head back to where I sent him.  But, nope, he's still sitting there.

Ugh.

My last save was quite a while ago, too, and I really don't want to replay that section.  Hopefully he ends up making his way back to Sanctuary Hills on his own after I'd dismissed him.

You game is just fixing itself. I mean, he's a robot, being able to stimpack him didn't make sense to begin with ;)

From what I read hitting him with something that stuns, or just shooting him until he needs a stimpack could both work (or fast traveling, but yeah...).

Made the mistake of pushing through the start of NieR: Automata and I think I'm likely to actually finish this game even despite the control scheme. My biorhythm is not going to like this though, not at all...

Ugh.

You game is just fixing itself. I mean, he's a robot, being able to stimpack him didn't make sense to begin with ;)

From what I read hitting him with something that stuns, or just shooting him until he needs a stimpack could both work (or fast traveling, but yeah...).

Made the mistake of pushing through the start of NieR: Automata and I think I'm likely to actually finish this game even despite the control scheme. My biorhythm is not going to like this though, not at all...

Thankfully there's a part of a quest he's supposed to meet me somewhere (Doctor Almari), so he magically transported there when I arrived.

I've seen prices of £10 mentioned already.

Not around here.  Most places I've seen (including online like Amazon and Best Buy) have it for around $50 still.  Black Friday sale had it down to as low as $40, but never lower.