Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deadfire Q&A Twitch Stream - July 12th!

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Mikey Dowling

Mikey Dowling

PR Manager

• Developers+
  • 136 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Mikey2x4
  • Xbox Gamertag:Mikey2x4
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hey, everyone!

On July 12th at 4:00PM PST/1:00AM CEST we'll be doing another live Q&A Stream from our offices and answer questions from you here in the community! Do you have questions for Deadfire Game Director, Josh Sawyer, or Lead Character Artist, Dimitri Berman? If so, let us know below and we'll make sure that they get answered during the stream.

tsbNFIP.jpg

But Mikey, what if I'm not able to get my question in in time and the stream has already started?

If you don't have a chance to ask a question before the stream airs, we'll have time near the end to take questions from Twitch chat.

What if I miss the stream entirely, when will I be able to answer my next question?

We'll hopefully be able to do these once every two months or so, so sometime after PAX West, we'll have our next Q&A stream.

I'm going to miss the stream live, will it go up on YouTube so I can watch later?

Yes it will! Barring any technical difficulties/random zombie attack, the Q&A stream should be posted on our YouTube channel within 48 hours after the stream ends.

Have a great rest of the week, everyone!

• Frog Man likes this

smjjames

smjjames

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 816 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Will you guys also be providing a transcript of what is said?

DexGames

DexGames

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

@Devs :

• Was Aloth/Iselmyr duality inspired by Adam/Andy Brennecke's double personality ? Did he choose to embrace "Andy" after revealing his secret at E3 ? Are they insulting each other at the Office, yelling programming stuff throughout the whole building, scaring people ? Thanks.
  • Dimitri : Are you done modeling the Godlike options for the Player ? It's been said that you had a lot of fun working on these races, but we all know it's because you depise modeling Hair Styles. #HairCurls
  • Dimitri : The new 3D character display in the Inventory looks amazing, did you have to start all of it from scratch, or did you used Base Models from the 1st Game ?
  • Josh : Can you elaborate a bit on the dedicated "Shapeshifting" Druid Sub-Class ? Since the location has changed for a more "Aquatic/Desertic" Location, did you add new transformations reflecting the Deadfire Archipelago, like, as if Druids had to adapt their Spiritshift Forms to the Environment they live in ? (Aquatic, Desert, Aerian, Terrestrial forms, etc). Or will it still be Bear/Boar/Stag/Wolf/Cat ?
  • Any chances you'd show us some of those Ship Types you've been working on in the near future ? Even Concept Arts ! (Shape/Size/Design/Etc)
  • For the Backer Beta, will we get to play the "Vertical Slice" you've been showing us so far or something completely different ? Oh.... & when ?  :bow:

Can't wait to see what you've prepared for Level 9 & 10 Spellcasting Classes.  :w00t:

EDIT :

• If Pillars Of Eternity I, was : "Main Content / Side Content" = 50/50%. What's would be your guess for Deadfire ? 40/60% - 30/70% ? We know Players love Side Content a lot, specialy Hidden Side Content. 

Edited by DexGames, 29 June 2017 - 08:28 AM.

Karkarov

Karkarov

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2664 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Karkarov
  • Xbox Gamertag:Karkarov
  • Steam:Karkarov
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Watcher
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

So...... How easy is it to mod that UI again?  Inquiring minds (or mind) wants to know.

KaineParker

KaineParker

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2734 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
1.With spells and abilities being per encounter, will there be an adjustment to Chanters, Ciphers, and Monks resource building?
2.Will there be new types of weapons?
3.Do you intend for Expansions/DLC to raise the level cap beyond 20?
4.Will Accuracy, Deflection, and Stamina be influenced by class like PoE or will all classes have the same base values?
5.Will we get to fight a Leviathan?
  • Lamppost in Winter and MaxQuest like this

Messier-31

Messier-31

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1803 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Will you guys also be providing a transcript of what is said?

I'm sure that Fereed will deliver.

• ShadySands, Karkarov and Bill Gates' Son like this

FlintlockJazz

FlintlockJazz

White Rabbit of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1819 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Apologies if these have already been asked or answered elsewhere.

1.  With the skill system being changed, will the mechanical effects of Backgrounds also be changed?  As in, do they still provide skill bonuses or will they now give other bonuses instead (and perhaps penalties as well)?

2.  If the main character is using a custom portrait, how will the new watercolour portraits work with them?  Do you pick a watercolour portrait from a list or will the game attempt to create a watercolour version automatically?

• Messier-31, White Phoenix and .Sabbo like this

smjjames

smjjames

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 816 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

In the E3 vid, what was the stealth skill of the character that was showing off the sneak and pickpocket features? If you guys remember what it was anyway.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3266 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Dimitri:

- What is it that you like modeling the best and why?
- What is the model you are the most proud of in Pillars I and, if you are at liberty of discussing it, in Deadfire?
- Beside Xoti's hair, what's the most challenging thing to model and why?
- Speaking of hair, IIRC you were looking into making long hair show when wearing helmets (as opposed to a character's suddenly balding up when wearing one in Pillars); did you succeed? What is the main challenge in this process?
- What's your favorite gear in Pillars I looks-wise? Will there be unique armors in the style of the Sanguine Plate in Deadfire?

Josh:
- Will we get to craft armor from the scales of the dragons we kill in Deadfire (possibly ticking off all other dragons for wearing their brethren)?
- Can you share who's writing which companion? I know you're writing Pallegina and Eric F. is back for Edér; I'd imagine Carrie's writing Aloth but what about the others?
- Will Tekehu have a unique spiritshift form? If yes, did Dimitri curse you upon learning that he'd have to model it? :D

.Sabbo

.Sabbo

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

In Deadfire will we be able to pretend to side with a faction and sabotage them from within? Also how would multiclassing a chanter affect their songs?

• AndreaColombo and Celeras like this

Celeras

Celeras

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Steam:Cel90
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Will we see how Caed Nua has changed in the past 5 years before it gets destroyed?

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Dimitri: Josh says you're a satan worshiper. Is this true and can you elaborate? :D

Edited by the_dog_days, 03 July 2017 - 08:56 AM.

• AndreaColombo likes this

Baltic

Baltic

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Will Deadfire's optional level scaling also scale skill checks, such as for disabling traps and the like?

Quillon

Quillon

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
How will dialogue skills combine with dispositions?
Will we assign dialogue skills for all characters or just the PC? Or will they be learn-by-use?
Will companions' skills always matter in dialogue/scripted interactions? Or only when it makes sense?
Will solo characters be able to make highest skill checks if he/she has devoted in that particular skill? If so how will you prevent a full party making most, if not all skills checks?

Does NPC scheduling extend to world map where ships have routes & move as player does? So we can encounter with a ship in different parts of the map along its usual route?

Have you ever considered/experimented with ultra-slow time over pause? Or NWN2/DAO like follow toggle as optional/gimmicky features?

Can we equip pistols in the new trinket slot i.e. 1 per encounter pistol shot? Or unique armors with special pistol slots to bolster the pirate-y feel?

Will we be able to change our characters' eye color if its not a godlike? 

edit: How will class calls for multi-class characters work? f.i. Will the game consider 1 level Cipher in a 1/19 combo, enough Cipher for all Cipher class calls or will it check power source levels of classes?

Also thanks for the instagram tease of death godlike models you'll be filming after the stream.

Edited by Quillon, 10 July 2017 - 02:41 PM.

• AndreaColombo likes this

smjjames

smjjames

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 816 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Does NPC scheduling extend to world map where ships have routes & move as player does? So we can encounter with a ship in different parts of the map along its usual route?

This would be cool.

• AndreaColombo and Celeras like this

Lamppost in Winter

Lamppost in Winter

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

How do the companion bonuses to skill checks in dialogue work - e.g., does every companion contribute, or just the highest score?

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3266 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Will there be more variety in clothing/commoner outfits compared to Pillars 1?

Will there be more hair and beard styles? Are we finally getting the King Leonidas and Seneca Crane beards? ;D

Night Stalker

Night Stalker

Cynic of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Given the presence of Berath’s Blessing (and many players desire to endlessly experiment with builds), will the introduction of PoE 2 be shorter than PoE 1 (Encampment + Cilant Lis)? Perhaps one of the possible blessings of Berath will be to skip the introduction segment of the game?

Quillon

Quillon

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Given the presence of Berath’s Blessing (and many players desire to endlessly experiment with builds), will the introduction of PoE 2 be shorter than PoE 1 (Encampment + Cilant Lis)? Perhaps one of the possible blessings of Berath will be to skip the introduction segment of the game?

Andy Brennecke confirmed skippable content via Berath's Blessing, tho he didn't say which part but I think its safe to assume that its prologue.

smjjames

smjjames

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 816 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Andy Brennecke confirmed skippable content via Berath's Blessing, tho he didn't say which part but I think its safe to assume that its prologue.

If we do get the ability to skip the prologue, we should be able to still set the characters background, like we would for the prologue in PoE1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users