Blarghagh

Turns out those ads with J-Lo urging the Latinos to vote and Barack Obama subtly urging the people to vote Democrat and Michele Obama not so subtly telling people to vote straight down the Democratic party line didn't work.  Who knew? My favorite part of the Barack Obama ad: "While my name isn't on the ticket this year, the progress we've made together is..."  Wait, what progress? 

Edit: In some really sad news, Gary Johnson didn't manage to get the 5% necessary to secure funding for the Libertarian Party.  I guess we gottas try again in 4 years.  This needs to happen sooner or later.  Sooner, preferably.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, an interesting day to say the least. It kind of sums things up that Hillary didn't even go and see her supporters but sent Podesta instead. So what if you're upset, it shouldn't be all about you- though that's been part of the problem from the get go. Possibly the most ignominious political end since Nixon. Will the Democrats have a good look at themselves and wonder why they lost? Probably not, it will be racists and idiots fault- or Nader's- instead of their poor choices which means they've a good chance of repeating all the same mistakes. Not labelling people who aren't voting for you as racists and idiots would be a good start, that isn't going to change people's minds.

I have some limited sympathy for Hillary and little desire to stick the knife in but really, she was always her own worst enemy, without Trump's ability to mobilise and inspire and her ending seems utterly gutless. I have more sympathy for Obama, a decent guy if largely ineffectual leader whose legacy is now going to be practically non existent. I do, however, have absolutely no sympathy for the Brazile's, Podesta's and Wasserman-Schultz's of the world who are about as responsible as Hillary for the loss but will likely weasel out of the consequences. Would be interesting if DWS were being challenged now instead of six months ago...

As for Trump, he ran a deeply unconventional campaign that went against all orthodoxies and it worked. Almost certainly single term president as he will inevitably disappoint those who voted for him thinking that he'll move the world and the US back 30 years and they'll have jobs for life. He won't be as bad as the doomsayers say, but he'll be bad enough. Hopefully he'll shake up stuff that desperately needs shaking up at least. Will be interesting to see if they try and get TPPA through in the lame duck session now. I'd have bet money on it if Clinton were elected.

Polls were abject rubbish. Time for some better weightings guys. Media was abject rubbish. Both were in a bubble of self reinforcing opinions and bereft of ability to deal with Trumps' unorthodoxy properly. Pretty much everything about the electoral process except from election day itself was deeply unedifying and a poor advert for democracy representative republicanism. Best part is watching obnoxious self proclaimed 'true' 'liberals' spontaneously combust all over the internet.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 5

We didn't let our memes be dreams. What a ride it's been. It was truly an honour to s**tpost alongside the rest of you s**tposters. We've done it. 4 chan is now president. All the media, all the celebrities, all the political establishment together couldn't beat one s**tlord.

I go to bed knowing when I wake up tomorrow, I will bathe in those glorious tears of liberals, SJWs and cuckservatives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48H34ukFe8g

• Like 3

So it looks like the Republicans won both the House and the Senate too.  Wow, what a resounding defeat for the Democrats on all fronts.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So it looks like the Republicans won both the House and the Senate too.  Wow, what a resounding defeat for the Democrats on all fronts.

That's one of the scariest parts, too. I fully believe that if the American voters had a crystal ball allowing them to know Trump will win, enough would've flipped their votes on Senate and House seats to at least counteract Trump and the Republicans a bit. Instead it seems we all overshot.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Well, let's all look on the bright side here.  We're going to get a lot of Ivanka camera time over the next 4 years.  :dancing:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Wow! Not that I'm all that surprised, but still... I listened to Donald's elected-to-be president speech, and it was at least the best I've heard from him. The cool thing is that he's no political baggage to speak of, it seems. And I like that he's hellbent on fixing the infrastructure, and make it one of a kind too (Well, a certain Mr. 88, was the same thing back in the day in Germany - no, just kidding). Let's just hope that he'll deliver to all those people in the Rust Belt, coz I had no idea the US was so divided as far as the country side vs urban is concerned. Those maps were really telling.

I've never considered USA a true democracy, and I doubt, its democratic stock will rise now, unfortunately. All I want is for the US, to flourish, so, fingers crossed.

And Hillary not making a congratulatory speech at 2AM, very weird and low on her behalf. Not good.

Let's pray for Marine Le Pen being the first to congratulate him wasn't an ill omen...

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Hey guys, good morning and congrats to you americans, I really didn't expected that! Did Bruce already eat his shorts or whatever was that bet? xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Hey guys, good morning and congrats to you americans, I really didn't expected that! Did Bruce already eat his shorts or whatever was that bet? xD

We discussed my powers. How biased media helped Trump. How Sanders would have won. How spamming isms at Trump was useless. That it's happening. Why Trump should be a 1 term president (not gonna happen guys). How Hillary not doing a concession speech was classless and lame. Also I mused about initiating a civil war after Trump is president to get rid of the SJW menace and permantly cripple the left.

You missed a neat thread.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

How Sanders would have won.

You're so right about that, in a double sense.

Hence my claim of having powers.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Oh, I almost forgot: I also love that Donald intends to do much more for the veterans. These guys have really given their all and more, often to lost causes, and in foreign lands and messes. I reckon that's great.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

We discussed my powers. How biased media helped Trump. How Sanders would have won. How spamming isms at Trump was useless. That it's happening. Why Trump should be a 1 term president (not gonna happen guys). How Hillary not doing a concession speech was classless and lame. Also I mused about initiating a civil war after Trump is president to get rid of the SJW menace and permantly cripple the left.

You missed a neat thread.

Thanks mate, I was drinking all night so I didn't have time to watch this space, we Europeans have bad timezone for this fun. What about Bruce tho? I need to re-read this thread just to see his posts :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

LOL. All I can say is, don't blame me, I campaigned for Sweet Meteor O' Death 2016. I don't know whether Trump or Hillary would have been worse, I'm just surprised and amused the US picked the meme president for the Kim Kardashian generation. How many people have come forward going "I voted as a joke, I didn't think it'd actually happen!" like with Brexit? Any media articles about how Hillary wasn't elected because of sexism? :lol:

Also, lol @ people attributing this Obamacare. Republicans do everything they can to mangle Obamacare before it even gets off the ground and then platform about how mangled Obamacare is. Shovel **** into Republicans mouths and they chew dutifully. Whenever I think nobody's as dumb as US democrats (because only US democrats are dumb enough to think Hillary is a liberal), the republicans come in and prove me wrong. :)

Either way, I don't envy the US having to pick between dying in a natural forest fire or a napalm bombing. But you keep living with this system, so it's hard for me to be sympathetic either. :p

• Like 1

Hey, some of us tried. :(

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

To be honest, it's about time for some shake up. It was bound to happen as a lot of people were being ignored or outright called stupid or retarded... Politicians need to stop social experiments, and they need to take care of economy and legislation around economy. Stop spending my taxes on your social experiments.... spend them on security, infrastructure and improvement of legislation, which will help the economy.

You mean we shouldn't keep indoctrinating our youth according to leftist social values? That's crazy talk!

Trump just got Pennsylvania. It's done.

1108-hillary-clinton-supporters-upset-ge

These are same people who called everyone who disagreed with them racist...lol. Suck it.

What leftist social values is your problem, I wonder.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This just in - Mexico Canada to build wall to keep sudden stream of American immigrants out.

No one wants to go to Mexico, not even the Mexicans themselves.

• Like 4

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

No, I meant Mexico. Canadians are as useless as Americans and can tolerate them, but the hardworking Mexican people don't want them lazy Americans in their country. :lol:

EDIT: In all seriousness though, result wasn't that surprising. Trump campaigned with promise of a better future with his "make America great again" lies, Hillary campaigned with "not Trump" - that didn't work for those going against Obama when their opponents campaigned on "not Obama" and he was campaigning with "we can change America". You're never going to inspire people with fear. Democrats screwed themselves by picking someone with no platform, shoulda gone with Bernie. Although I'm guessing those democratic morons are blaming Bernie supporters now.

Edited by TrueNeutral