RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

Andromeda out March 21 in NA, 23 in EU

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Was expecting either a holiday or January 2018 release myself. After all, I remember it taking forever between the first major gameplay reveal of Inquisition to its final release.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I'm vaguely disappointed that 'Caligula' isn't about the roman emperor. The achievement list would have been, uh, unique if it were.

So you want to play an incest simulator? You sick, sick puppy.  :p

if one genuine wants such, they can get it from most any japanese dating game.

*shudder*

HA! Good Fun!

Dating sims have nothing on Crusader Kings 2.

gZeguUx.jpg

Just check if John Roger has a Tardis.

Edit: on second thought, also check that Pepin guy.

Edited by Orogun01
  • Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Was expecting either a holiday or January 2018 release myself. After all, I remember it taking forever between the first major gameplay reveal of Inquisition to its final release.

excepting end-of-year, Publishers o' aaa games try to release near start or end o' a fiscal quarter.  plans don't always go as, well, planned, but a noteworthy % o' me:a sales is gonna happen day one or first week.  get a good week o' sales in before march 31.  tuesday is still typical software release day, yes?  so, tuesday before end of fiscal quarter woulda' been one o' our favorite possibilities/guesses.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/68877-delayed-to-early-2015/?p=1519237

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Andromeda Gameplay trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK6pgNxyunI

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Andromeda Gameplay trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK6pgNxyunI

had a nerd moment.  saw image for the trailer and we thought o' validus from the fatal 5.  wondered if we would get a chance to play as mano or the persuader too.

am not even much o' a comic book fan.

wouldn't be surprised if we lost our mondavi center season tickets over this.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Alienware Arena is giving away beta demo Steam keys of the upcoming Disgaea 2 PC release.  There is a limited number of keys, so if you want one then act fast.  You need to already have an account with them or make one to get the key.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Scalebound is cancelled. http://www.pcgamer.com/scalebound-has-reportedly-been-canceled/

More reason not to own an Xbox One.

Apparently there was a Windows 10 release planned as well, so the game already was no reason to buy an Xbox One.

(on that note, while I'm not particularly fond of the Windows Store this new "single platform" at least allows me to play specific games I care about that would likely have stayed console exclusive otherwise like the Forza games)

(on that note, while I'm not particularly fond of the Windows Store this new "single platform" at least allows me to play specific games I care about that would likely have stayed console exclusive otherwise like the Forza games)

Some of which(Multiplayer) are dead on arrival because most people don't like to buy games from the windows store.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I think it was Battlefield One where there was a story about, upon release, somebody had bought a Windows Store copy of the game...and there was exactly one other person playing on the Windows servers (everyone else was on Steam or on console), so they had to refund it.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

That's probably right. Was a while ago, and I am not familiar with either series.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Yeah...so, uh, that video (or rather the English one) was enough to kill any modicum of interest I had remaining for that game...and combine it with how unbearably bad Skyward Sword was, I think Zelda is just about officially over the precipice for me. Oh well.

"[...]If there is one thing that is very often too much for me, it's Japanese games with voice-acting. They just too often come up with the worst ****. Cue forceful tear-jerking scenes, cue Link charging towards the enemy with tears in his eyes brandishing a flaming oversized sword. Please don't **** up, please don't make characters summarize aloud what's going on for me, please don't make characters voice their ****ty inner thoughts like what you're doing at 2m38s."

"I don't think voice-acting is even the main issue I have, but rather what seems like the inclusion of further anime design philosophies."

Two comments I read on the release trailer. Combine that with having the most painfully generic Japanese-to-English styled voice actors, and I don't think I could bear to sit through this game. Into the trash it goes.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

Scalebound is cancelled. http://www.pcgamer.com/scalebound-has-reportedly-been-canceled/

More reason not to own an Xbox One.

I bought one boxing day and have been making extensive use of the streaming function in Windows 10, so if the wife is using the TV I can use my xbox on my PC.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg