What are you playing right now?

Gorth

I spent all day yesterday weighing up my options on what to play next since finishing Long War has resulted in a massive gap in my gaming. PoE was one of the candidates, I've never gotten past the first town in my previous attempts. Others were Massive Chalice, A Link Between Worlds, The Sims 4 and something else that slips my mind right now. Predictably perhaps, I ended up playing nothing.

(Still playing Bravely Default in small doses, but it's not proving to be my thing by the way it's going)

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

POE isn't a bad game, but I don't have any overwhelming desire to play it's either. I guess it's too slow moving. I do play it once in a while though.

Finally finished Vampire: Bloodlines. Of course I had to exploit one boss and cheat the two final bosses, and I got all mixed up with different patches, but whatever. Good game overall, hate the boss fights though.

:lol:

Its funny you cheated on the boss fights, I was going to buy this game from GOG for a lady friend yesterday  and I thought how I did the same thing for the  last fights, I never ever mentioned this before  :biggrin:

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I don't know why I'm still addicted to doing the daily bounties in Destiny.  They really are repetitive and not overly in depth, but for some reason I feel compelled to do them and earn faction gains each day.

One of these days I'll actually put Destiny aside and try the Division again.  I swear it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Felt in the mood for some choppy-choppy stab-stab this weekend, so I've been replaying a bit of Shadows of Mordor. Butchering Orks is generally soothing, except for the reminder that multiple context sensitive button commands can be really annoying in combat.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well could be worse. You could have been doing that from September 2014 until December 2015, before finally quitting. 

At the rate I'm going, I might match that length of time.  I picked up the Taken King in late ... March, maybe?  I expected to play through the story quests, wrap up the extra content, then put the game away.  I did all that about a week after I picked up TTK, and yet I've been non stop at it since then doing daily bounties (with Iron Banner also pulling me in).

I think a part of it is I'm a "level up to the max" type of gamer.  If there are still levels for my character to reach, I'm not satisfied until I reach them.  And right now, my characters aren't at the max level yet so I still have something to play for.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Fire Emblem Fates (one of the three paths, anyway). The marriage and children mechanics that fit the story of Awakening were shoehorned into Fates and just outright don't fit. The story wasn't as good either. Over all, it was pretty good but not great. I probably won't be playing the other paths despite already purchasing them as DLC. (I don't regret buying them, but I don't feel like playing the game two more times to see all the content.)

Now I'm on to Stories: Path of Destinies. I've already played five different paths and whereas Fire Emblem Fates is so long as to make replaying to get better endings, feel like a choir, each rout in Stories is both short (45 to 60 minutes) but also deviates enough to make replaying even the same path and taking a different branch fun and not at all tiresome.

• Like 1

POE isn't a bad game, but I don't have any overwhelming desire to play it's either. I guess it's too slow moving. I do play it once in a while though.

Finally finished Vampire: Bloodlines. Of course I had to exploit one boss and cheat the two final bosses, and I got all mixed up with different patches, but whatever. Good game overall, hate the boss fights though.

:lol:

Its funny you cheated on the boss fights, I was going to buy this game from GOG for a lady friend yesterday  and I thought how I did the same thing for the  last fights, I never ever mentioned this before  :biggrin:

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Kids these days...  :biggrin:

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm supposed to be playing POE, but there's so much I missed it's hard to focus. I believe the idea is called "choice paralysis."

I'm wanting to replay Spec-Ops: The Line, Portal, Dark Souls, Witcher 2 with the DLC I never tried, Dungeon Siege 3 with its DLC, buy Deponia Doomsday, XCOM, Undertale, or rebuy Dragon's Dogma. And then there's Doom 3 BFG and Tomb Raider that simply didn't like Win XP.

The next Steam sale is going to kill me.

Edit: Oh, and Legacy of the Void. I never did get to see how Starcraft 2 ended. But before I even think about that, I need a refresher run through of the previous parts!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. I have won the last defense mission by ramming an enemy cruiser and towing it out of its weapon range since my last functional ship had no functional weaponry.

Edited by Fenixp

I can't get into Battlefleet Gothic. The game and I got off on the wrong foot.

I nearly got a refund for that game, let's say my first impressions were less than stellar. It really grew on me tho, it turned out to be this fast-paced real time tactics game which shows me that yes, RTS genre still has new experiences to offer which have not been done before in this particular fashion. (to my knowledge anyway)

That said, even controlling just three or four ships and making snap judgements in the heat of a battle is a little overwhelming even for me and I played RTS games for a bit over 20 years now. And the game sure doesn't do much to help me - UI is often not very informative to the point I have to manually zoom in on ships to find out which turrets were destroyed and which side of the ship should I therefore face towards the enemy to get the maximal firepower, there's lack of mid-mission saves (which is mostly fine as most missions don't take longer than 10 minutes, but... That's not a universal rule) and I miss finer controls of individual ship turns (for instance, I would sometimes just like a ship to turn in place without burning the extra thruster fuel. You can do that to an extent, but the AI sometimes decides it'll fly around instead of just turning in place) There's actually a whole list of stuff I find questionable about the game but I won't got into details unless someone really wants that information.

On the other hand, combat is really satisfying and the devs said that they plan to work solely on this particular game for at least the rest of 2016. As a bonus, all early adopters (who bought the game either in beta or up to 2 months after release) will get all DLC for free. Apparently it's an astounding success so I do hope they'll work out the kinks with the game. And just... Watching as massive space ships are ripped to shreds by volleys of broadside cannons while Dawn of War-like soundtrack is blasting in your ears is a joy.

Edited by Fenixp

New D3 season. Carpal tunnel syndrome, ahoy!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Spent a bunch of time with the Everspace alpha version. It is already good fun even though it really only has the core gameplay implemented yet. Lots of potential I would say. Just hope the developers don't listen too much to the whining about the difficulty level on the alpha board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv9L4QmaD74

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

So I decided to play the Division today.  I'm still uncertain how the whole co-op/multiplayer component actually works.  I undertook a side mission where it said someone joined my party, but yet I didn't see them actually shooting anything during the mission until they got shot/killed.  Like, they were invisible on my screen until they were in that death-crouch waiting for revival.

I also do not like the shooting mechanics in this game.  Maybe I'm used to more accuracy with FPS style of Destiny, but it seems like I'm unloading my clip into the enemy and missing more than hitting when he's running at me, and he drops my health down to dangerous levels after a couple of hits.

I've got the stronghold.

It's only the second castle I've conquered in this game. But they wouldn't let me keep the first one. Which I totally did not expect to be my stronghold at the time.

And anyone who tells you otherwise is a slanderer. Or libel, depending on medium. I'll sue!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Played more of the Division.  Okay, I'm starting to enjoy it more now that I'm in Manhattan.  I have my privacy settings set to open, so people can randomly join my group.  One guy helped me finish off a side mission.  I didn't realize you had to share the loot, though, so I ended up taking everything that dropped.  Oops.

New D3 season. Carpal tunnel syndrome, ahoy!

As is becoming normal for me, I logged into D3 just to do the season journey. Playing a crusader and got a belt that makes a Blessed Hammer spawn every time my Justice hits anyone. So now I've got splitting Justice that spawns splitting Blessed Hamers, which means my entire screen is filled with hammers all the time. It's pretty awesome what it does to large groups. Not so great on single targets, but that's why I've got sky lasers and archer buddies.

Played more of the Division.  Okay, I'm starting to enjoy it more now that I'm in Manhattan.  I have my privacy settings set to open, so people can randomly join my group.  One guy helped me finish off a side mission.  I didn't realize you had to share the loot, though, so I ended up taking everything that dropped.  Oops.

You don't share loot. What drops is always yours. You can exchange loot if you want but that's it. The only way to pick up another players loot is to kill someone carrying infected loot in Dark Zone.

• Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Hmm.  This last mission was relatively easy when three other players joined my group.  Although it did get kind of annoying when one guy would run ahead and it felt like I had to rush my way through levels I wanted to explore otherwise he'd end up killing the main bosses before I even showed up.

Don't worry, you'll be replaying mission again soon. Well if you want a trophy anyway :D. YOu have to replay every mission on hard for that.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

In Grim Dawn there is a certain dungeon (the name escapes me) that requires a Skelton Key, can only be entered once per, and seemingly gets harder the lower you go(?). Is this a bottomless dungeon or is there an eventual end boss? I made it to "Anguish" level, is there much more? I'm level 50 and I ran into Lord Executioner and he literally smote me in one shot. :ermm:

• Like 1