What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Spent about 5 hours just replaying the Paris level on Hitman. All the variations you can pull. It's kind of interesting how the more variations you pull off and challenges you accomplish, the more options are available for how you start out when you replay that level.

I think what they've tried to do (at least from the limited two training levels, and one actual level) is make each level pretty damn big, with a serious plethora of multiple assassinations possible. But because they're fairly chunky, they've established "Challenges" which pretty much list them as possible, so you then have to figure out how you actually achieve them within the game. The more challenges you complete, the more your "Mastery" of the level increases, which opens up options for where you start the level, possible gear to carry with you, if you get a disguise from the start, hidden caches of gear in the level, etc. Of course by using those, you can complete more of the Challenges which increases your Mastery and further provides options for replay... And so on and so forth.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The Division.

Bought it last Wednesday.  I still haven't gotten around to opening the package because I'm obsessed with upgrading my gear in Destiny at the moment.

... Basically it seems like it's similar to Destiny in all the right ways. 

Mechanically it's probably one of the best shooters I've played in a LONG long time, and the audio design is... crazy. It honestly feels like what we were promised Watchdogs would be, without the GTA hijinx of cars etc. It does get a little tedious if you're unwilling to group however.

Also I think this should be censored somehow.

post-13853-0-64711300-1457928476_thumb.jpg

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I hadn't played a lot of Destiny before leaving the game altogether and maybe it has gotten Better since then but I will say that matchmaking and grouping is a breath of fresh air in The Division as compared to Destiny. Whenever I want, whatever I'm doing, I can be in a group in a matter of 10 seconds.

The Court of Oryx is strange.  Sometimes I'll get a bunch of blue loot drops, and sometimes nothing.  I also can't seem to get the hang of how to lower some enemies' immunity.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I bought the Division for pc and I play it with gamepad on my tv- first I had been worried it might give me a huge drawback compared to players who use mouse and keyboard, but so far I didn't noticed anything like that. If at all, it felt like I did at least as good, if not better. So either I am a good player no matter what (which I kinda doubt), or it really doesn't make that much difference for the game.

So far I like the game, but I can already see a pattern in the mission design: You always shoot stuff. There never seems to be anything without shooting. Even if you enter one of these contamined zones and do this "activate terminals" stuff, at latest short before the end you will meet a group of dudes which you have to shoot dead.

Also some funny moments:

- be me, walking down the road

- find a mission: Looters robbing a hardware store!

- kill the looters, because justice!

- oh, there are boxes with loot in the hardware store, let's take everything with me. :>

- lel, now I am the looter.

Or...

- be me, running down the road

- find two people causally walking down the road.

- they do nothing bad

- but crosshair turns red

- shoot them up, because justice

Now that reminds me:

- be me, find people with hostage

- kill people for justice

- free hostage

- hostage is like "thank you so much for saving me!!!!"

- and i am like "oh, a box with loot! step out my way, you dumb person!"

- hostage is like sad.png(((((((

Other than that, the city looks real beautiful. Actually makes me kinda wish to have such a game in The Last of us setting. Huge city, lots of free roaming, different players here and there and a truckton of The Last of us zombies inbetween. I think that could work at least as good.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah pretty much what lexx wrote, but still if you're not careful you sink enormous amounts of time into it.

But the current end game does need some work. You can level way too fast to 30 and then it gets a little boring as of right now. Daily missions are not a problem, but the challenging diff is just a battle of attrition and the loot just isn't that worth playing a single mission for an hour or more ( hours). In the first few days there were too many best loot drops and special credits that all the mad grinders got phat loot, after the patch i haven't seen anything yellow in 80 mini boss kills in DZ. Also i've barely managed to get together enough Phoenix credits to buy me 1 yellow weapon blueprint ... and the weapon roll looks more mediocre than not when looking at the stats.

But yeah, still first week, they have time to improve the loot and nerf shotgunners in DZ5 and DZ6, plenty other stuff too.

It's just that i wish i'd get some reward after all the grind, especially since the roll might still be average and i'd go grind more. 

So my suggestion for Division players is take your time with leveling and enjoy the city. Play slowly since they'll probably be balnacing stuff and adding stuff . Unlike destiny they can patch several things directly on their servers so there's no need for any giant patch downloads

• Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

If at all, it felt like I did at least as good, if not better. So either I am a good player no matter what (which I kinda doubt), or it really doesn't make that much difference for the game.

From my experience of multiplayer FPS games, it's more like that the vast majority of FPS players are pretty stinking bad. However, only some types of shooters highlight this fact, whereas some other types of shooters don't. It's extremely noticeable in a game like TF2, for example, where the overwhelming majority of players are clearly and absolutely terrible, and where one half-decent player with good game sense and decent aim can come in and start absolutely wrecking the rest of the server. It's not unusual for a simply decent player to make enough of an impact where the other team will literally start leaving en masse because they simply can't do anything. Other games, such as Counter-Strike, can make it seem the opposite way because of the very sudden death nature of the game, where one bullet can and will kill another player, no matter how good they are. Sure, a good player will absolutely have a great edge over other players who may or may not be bad, but...the effect is nothing like you'll find in a game like TF2.

I'm not sure how this applies to the Division, exactly, because I haven't played it, though. I would guess from the Tom Clancy label that it would be more like Counter-Strike, but I know next to nothing about the game, so... :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Might seriously get The Division, first Ubisoft game I'll have bought I think :lol: Though will have to seek out more reviews to figure out what sucks about the game.

Been grinding in WoW as an old buddy returned so played with him a bit and playing Tropico 5. It's not facerolly easy like 3 was for me and the dynasty mechanic is somewhat fun. Penultimo must die.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Anyone knows if there is any sense behind the silencer in The Division? Seems pretty pointless to me, because no matter what, everyone starts shooting at me anyway.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Grim Dawn. I've had it for ages on Steam and kind of tinkered with it, but the new release is incredibly addictive. The world has a kind of original Divine Divinity vibe to it, agreeably old-fashioned. But with a steam-punkish twist. And cowboys. 

sonsofgygax.JPG

Anyone knows if there is any sense behind the silencer in The Division? Seems pretty pointless to me, because no matter what, everyone starts shooting at me anyway.

Hmm, it might be more of a mental thing, but I think when I use my silenced SMG to ambush baddies they react slower.  Probably just my imagination.  I would think it might help if playing in a group as well, since you should conceivably draw less fire than your partners with a silencer.  

Honestly, no idea. But my marksman rifle definitely feels more fun with a silencer. :grin: ( also with it, it has highest dps compared to other attachments i have in that slot).

ALso M1A variants are by far my favorite marksman rifles in the game. Hopefully i'll be able to grind one that doesn't have to be replaced until they release higher level gear. :D :thumbsup:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Pft, silencing a marksman rifle. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So, annyway. I am about level 7 or something right now. Does anyone feel the need to team up some day? Public groups are kinda fast and it's like everyone is doing their own crap.

So, annyway. I am about level 7 or something right now. Does anyone feel the need to team up some day? Public groups are kinda fast and it's like everyone is doing their own crap.

I am also level 7 and would be happy to group if we can find each other.  I think my name is Hurlshot.  I have no idea how to use the social tools, so that will be an adventure.

Grim Dawn. I've had it for ages on Steam and kind of tinkered with it, but the new release is incredibly addictive. The world has a kind of original Divine Divinity vibe to it, agreeably old-fashioned. But with a steam-punkish twist. And cowboys. 

Also, the game is just really good.  The character building system is very deep.  There are so many different ways to go.  The amount of viable builds is almost overwhelming.  This is one of the games that really benefited from an extended stay in early access.  Games like this need an extreme amount of iteration to dial in the skill and loot balance just right.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finished all Division story missions and ended up as only a level 26, I also got awarded a bunch of purple gear that I can't use until I'm level 30. Time to grind the side missions I guess

Yeha, I'm currently halfway through level 27 and have one more medical mission left.  I have finished all side missions and encounters from the upper left portion of the map around the Dark Zone to the lower right corner, so definitely getting there for sure.

One thing I did want to bring up.  I hear a lot of barking across the internet about end game and while I know they have stuff planned, with introducing incursions and other dlc, both free and paid, people need to settle down.  While this may resemble a MMO, it's not really in the sense of times past and also, there is not a subscription from month to month and there's already a good amount of content.  I believe I've already put in close to 30 hours in already with my guy.  I'm not complaining about end game, more content right now, because I know I put in a lot of time already and will continue to do so because I've only reached level 16 in the Dark zone out of 50 I believe.  It's the crazy streamers who pour 100 hours in the first week and cry when there's not more content.  Just kind of annoying.  (Bokishi I'm not talking about you, just quoted you when I thought of where I was at in the game).

• Like 1

I am also level 7 and would be happy to group if we can find each other.  I think my name is Hurlshot.  I have no idea how to use the social tools, so that will be an adventure.

I've send you a friend invite via Uplay. Let's see if this works. Also let' see how that timezone difference works out. :>

/Edit: What I actually would love to see here is some dialogue stuff a la Mass Effect or similar. Doesn't even have to be deep or so, but just a lil bit more in the side missions.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

One thing I did want to bring up.  I hear a lot of barking across the internet about end game and while I know they have stuff planned, with introducing incursions and other dlc, both free and paid, people need to settle down.  While this may resemble a MMO, it's not really in the sense of times past and also, there is not a subscription from month to month and there's already a good amount of content.  

I think that is pretty much standard procedure for these types of games though.  It helps that there is no sub, but if you paid for the season pass and have to *gasp* wait for new content, you will get people whining.  

I would argue that this is an MMO in most aspects though.  They could totally justify a subscription, but I think there is a stigma around that on the consoles, so they are trying a season pass model.  They are going to figure out some way to get more money to come in, otherwise it doesn't make sense to develop content and maintain servers.  I'm guessing it will look a lot like all the f2p MMO's with cosmetics and time saving boosts eventually.