What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Loaded up Shadowrun: Dragonfall.  Got as far as the character creation screen.  I'm just not really in the mood to wrestle with re-learning the ruleset enough to make a character that I'm happy with. 

Not sure what I'll go to next.  Might need a break from CRPGs. 

Been playing quite a bit of SWToR lately. Game's pretty depressing to be honest. Lots of potential but all thrown away by choice of a seemingly horrible engine (judging by the amount of bugs and time/effort it seems to take to release anything) and the "streamlining" and nickel and diming that appears to have been going on since the game went F2P. Customer support also seem to be pretty horrible (ticket's been open for 8 days now, missing storage space is kind of a big deal...)

The good news is that it probably won't be very hard to put the game down once I've seen all the class stories. Just, you know, the things that could have been... *sigh*

I really should make a list of games I want to play and then stick to it, instead of starting a bunch and then moving on and restarting and never getting much of anywhere :p Witcher 3 seems like a good candidate to start with.

I quit after my initial month at release because I got fed up with the amount of generic MMO quests I was forced to do to level. Granted, I had a max level character within the first week and was leveling a bunch of alts.

I tried to come back when it went F2P, but then I saw they were trying to sell basic UI elements (I can't recall if it was the 3rd or 4th hotbar) that I'd needed when I played previously, so that was pretty much an instant nope.

Been playing quite a bit of SWToR lately. Game's pretty depressing to be honest. Lots of potential but all thrown away by choice of a seemingly horrible engine (judging by the amount of bugs and time/effort it seems to take to release anything) and the "streamlining" and nickel and diming that appears to have been going on since the game went F2P. Customer support also seem to be pretty horrible (ticket's been open for 8 days now, missing storage space is kind of a big deal...)

The good news is that it probably won't be very hard to put the game down once I've seen all the class stories. Just, you know, the things that could have been... *sigh*

I really should make a list of games I want to play and then stick to it, instead of starting a bunch and then moving on and restarting and never getting much of anywhere :p Witcher 3 seems like a good candidate to start with.

I quit after my initial month at release because I got fed up with the amount of generic MMO quests I was forced to do to level. Granted, I had a max level character within the first week and was leveling a bunch of alts.

I tried to come back when it went F2P, but then I saw they were trying to sell basic UI elements (I can't recall if it was the 3rd or 4th hotbar) that I'd needed when I played previously, so that was pretty much an instant nope.

I initially quit because my guild fell apart due to the endgame (heroics/raids) being a buggy mess until a *very* long time after launch. Nowadays I don't have the time to raid anymore and I don't care for PvP. Got a good deal on the expansion in the end of year sales so now I'm "subbed" meaning the horrible F2P (or "preferred status", lol) restrictions don't currently bother me. Going to make the most out of the two months or so of subscription I have and try to ignore the wasted potential as much as possible.

More on topic: finally acquired HK-51 after they reset the quest progress (without refunding anything, of course) somewhere in the past few years. Thankfully all those operations can be soloed nowadays.

With my Warband mostly maxed out, I decided to give the story missions another go.

Some people may remember how I hated mission 2-1 for the Sisters. I still hate it. Though at least they removed the never ending reinforcements for that. Partly because of my experiences with that mission, partly because my warband is just too awesome now, mission 2-2 was the easiest mission I have played in Mordheim. It also helped that i knew the layout of the Barracks from Act 1 of the Possessed campaign, and thus had an idea of what surprises it had in store for me. The whole run was ridiculous though. The enemy had 21 casualties. I had two light wounds, resulting of three critical hits among about 10 hits total the enemies managed to land.

Rushing the gates, locking them behind you so that the enemy reinforcements run into the Bloodletter you closed the gates on - priceless :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I jumped into ESO (first time since closed beta). I'm surprised, it's p. good and fun, but the worst part is still there... all the other players *shudders* it's a bittersweet journey.

Also dropped TOR sub, playing "SP" (story) casually now and then.

Underrail as well :) forgot that Mordheim was out ^ thx melkathi :)

I'm playing Pony Island.  It's not a game about ponies and Satan wants my soul.  In the game you play a game apparently made by Satan, which I'm assuming is a pseudonym, since it would likely be illegal for them to use the name Electronic Arts.  :shifty:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Are any of the recent remakes/PS4 ports of the Final Fantasy games any good?  I see Final Fantasy Type-O on Best Buy's website, but I don't know if it was well received its first time out.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Did you fish shoes out of the pond? I grabbed all of them and Shani's response was hilarious.

Yeah, that was cool. The most impressive bit was the villain tho.

I opted out of taking on the main villain. I wasn't entirely sure if killing him would really, you know . . . kill him.

Are any of the recent remakes/PS4 ports of the Final Fantasy games any good? I see Final Fantasy Type-O on Best Buy's website, but I don't know if it was well received its first time out.

Type-0 is probably.. hmm.... the most gritty and gory FF game I know of to date. It's pretty dark. Albeit, I haven't got very far... a friend of mine loved it, I enjoy it and followed it for quite a while.

The FF6 remake looks good, but it's the exact same game. I heard, saw and read that the PC port wasn't very exciting though (I have it on my android phone). Best on a tablet though.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

now that i have the apropriate controller i tried to install an old game called Lock On, an air combat simulator, but the game didn't launch after the install no matter what i tried so i shelved it

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I finished Mad Max (so depressing ending!) and moved on to.. Dead Rising 3. I must have bought it in a sale or bundle somewhere along the line. 

It was capped at 30 fps by default but after removing that the game runs surprisingly well. I've played a couple of hours and it's been better than I expected.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Beat the final boss of The Old Hunters, now to move on to the optional boss.

The only real difficulty with the optional boss is he has so much health and his final phase can really only be attacked from the sides.

He wears you out with attrition.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Started the Nathan Drake collections that I'd picked up for the PS4 last fall.  Just started the first game; it's good, so far.  Not quite Tomb Raider-levels because of the lack of free roaming/climbing, but still a lot of fun.  The graphics actually hold up well, too.  Only complaint so far is I'd like a bit more exploration/climbing/treasure hunting.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I finished Pony Island, though there's more to do and possibly another ending to get...  maybe.  It was an interesting experience and I like how the game messes with you, particularly in the final parts.  It's pretty short, I finished it in under 3 hours, but at $5 the price seems fair (especially since I sold all the cards I got during the holiday sale and got this nearly for free).  Anyway, it was fun to play something so weird and different.  Sometimes, I just need to play something way out of left field.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Are you serioulsy trying to compare it to a 2013 game?  And you've probably missed half if not more of the treasures around :D

I wasn't comparing the graphics.  And I meant the old Tomb Raider games, where you had a lot of jumping and climbing through various tombs, ruins, and other various landscape.