What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Playing and so far liking Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Although.... That music that plays in the city day and night and some battle music... is pretty... well, overwhelming?

I think they hired the team who did the music for Sonic Adventure for Sega Dreamcast..... I'm curious if that's just our localized version or if the Japanese version has the same music.

40 hours in and the music hasn't grown on me. Some of the music is good though, like in Primordia. But everytime I go to the city my wife sings "1, 2, 3, fafa4! I hate this song!"

Playing Door Kickers right now. I've spend money on it when it was still in development and then waited for a real, full release. Game has become pretty good over time. Actually I'd say it currently is the best tactical police game available... well, not that there is much choice on the market.

Though, I totally hate the multi-level maps. You can only pre-plan the first level- when using stairs you'll have to pause the game and do the next plan. Meh.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Right now I just finished an Anarch play-through of VTMB. I swear that ending never gets old. :lol:

An interwebz buddy of mine told me Tales of Borderlands (Is that what it's called?) is pretty good, so I may end up buying that later. Hopefully the game is good for two play-throughs, though, I doubt it.

I'm also trying to get into Borderlands the pre-sequel, but I kind of suck at FPS games an I've got no one to play it with. =]

I don't know what manner of dark ritual Shin'en had to do and how many virgins they had to sacrifice to make a game look this great and go that fast at rock solid 60 FPS on the Wii U's hardware, but god bless them.

Well, it helps when you're rendering your game in 640x720..

Seriously, the game may be good, but that resolution? Why not develop this game for a console that can at least manage 1080p?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28E1eRy73l4

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Playing Satellite Reign, but only found time to play intro stages. Seems like it could be fun.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Playing Satellite Reign, but only found time to play intro stages. Seems like it could be fun.

Great atmosphere. It can get a tad repetitive after a while. But a very good game nonetheless.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

For me the biggest flaw of Satellite Reign, aside from the respawning enemies and self-repairing environment on releoad, was the difficutly curve. In a way it was like Commandos, you play the first few missions until you realize how limited enemy responses to your actions really are and then you just start to blast through everything.

By the time I was halfway through the second sector I didn't even bother with hacking cameras or turning off lights any more.

Equipment mini-spoiler:

The best item you can get are grenades. No, seriously, just plain old frag grenades. Available early you can lob them over walls taking out generators and send enemies running towards the noise trying to figure out what happend. Which is when they try to catch another round of grenades with their faces. Security down, enemies dead, alarm level normal, rinse, wash and repeat... although it's great fun to do you best Mr. T impression and yell GENAAAAAAAAADE! every time you do that. :dancing:

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

My Sisters went on another expedition into the ruins of the city.

It was quiet.

Too quiet.

Suddenly, just as they were passing through a small square, there was movement ahead. And to the left. And to the right,

They were surrounded. Boxed in. Caught between wyrdstone and an Ogre.

The melee was bloody.

It was brutal (well ok, easy descriptor as I was playing a Brutal Dificulty mission).

Searing light blinded the Sisters, as a warlock gathered the winds of magic around him.

The cracking of Flintlocks sounded over the din of steel on steel.

The mercenary Ogre charged one of my novices and cut her down with a few swift strokes of his greataxe. Then he turned his attention to the rest.

The other novice was nimbler. She danced around the axe, keeping the Ogre busy.

Exhausted, barely able to stand, the Matriarch saw an opening. She dashed to the enemy wagon, tore down their banner. The act of defiance was too much for the mercenaries. They broke and ran.

:dancing: Brutal difficulty. Ambushed and only one out of action - and she was a Full Recovery. Even though the enemy Impressive did enter the fight on round 1 (and took out one of mine on round 1). Very happy.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I've just finished Serious Sam: The First Encounter.

The series was one of the things I bought from GOG while it was on sale recently, among with Tomb Raider. Serious Sam was a blast but in the end it really got repetitive. Karnak and Luxor felt like this massive drag where everything is just the same. Still, it was nice to go on a classic shoot rampage.

Now installing the first Tomb Raider. I never played any of them because they came out while I was in my rebellious youth phase and they were popular (blargh!) AND featured a woman protagonist with ridiculous boobs that all the stereotypical nerds worshipped, which I though was pathetic and confirming all the negative prejudice us nerds faced.

Well, I'm no longer that rebellious but I still think the conventions with Lara Croft lookalikes and 15 year olds flipping out over pixel boobs are ridiculous and a blight, but I'm willing to give the game a chance now. ;)

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Playing this little game called 80 days that I found. Kinda nice little game, loosely based on a Verne novel. You play as a manservant to a nobleman who has taken on a bet to go around the world in 80 days. Takes place in the latter part of the 1800s, and it's injected with a steampunk touch.

Gameplay is simple. You have a world-globe with a lot of destinations to go to. You learn of travel routes in the various towns, and if you want to make the 80 day limit you'll have to try and find a good route. Each route costs a bit of money and you have to manage your budget as well. You also have to manage your master's health. And then you can buy various things in cities as well to either sell for a good price in other cities, or it can help during travel (lessen the impact on your master's health during hard travel routes for example).

The gameplay is pretty simple yet feels good. What makes it gel together is that it's a text-based approach, and little "events" constantly pop up during travel and when you're in cities. Some of those are sorta "choices & consequences-ish" but mostly it's sort of... the style is more akin to you helping the game write a novel as you go on.

There are a lot of destinations and routes to travel through so I think it will be quite replayable.

It's not amazing gameplay, nor an amazing dramatic story. It's just... quite nice to play. Relaxing. And very well written. Highly recommended.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Seriously, the game may be good, but that resolution? Why not develop this game for a console that can at least manage 1080p?

Because Shin'en is a Nintendo developer, always has been.  They've been around for over 15 years and have done, I believe, 1 total game for a non-Nintendo platform.  I wish they'd develop for other platforms too.  I'd love to see what they could do for the horsepower of a PC, but it is what it is.  As it stands, they used an array of clever tricks to make a great looking game that moves really fast and with a super stable 60 FPS on the limited hardware they had to work with.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My Sisters beat up some Possessed to take it easy after the ambush.

I was tired, didn't pay as much attention as I should and made silly mistakes I normally do not. When I did notice, I did manage to bring out my A-game so to speak (and did some nifty maneuvering around enemy control zones). But the mission that was supposed to be a walk in the park after the brutal ambush actually ended up more painful. Got lucky that the enemy routed when they did. A quarter of my warband only had slivers of health left. One Light Wound from a crit with a Greatsword. It happens. But the fight should not have been allowed to get this close. Setting my sisters to Parry Stance when engaged with enemies that ignore Parry Stance. Real newbie mistake :p

So, I went and beat up some Skaven and took their stuff and wyrdstone. If this had gone badly, I would not have been surprised. The deployment was in Strike Teams, which is one of the most hated among the community. And against Skaven it can mean defeat within a few rounds, as their high initiative allows them to decimate small groups. As it were, part of my warband is really fast, so they out-initiatived the rats and turned the tables on them. And I got lucky. My smallest strike team, which also was the furthest away from the rest, ended up away from the bulk of the skaven warband. In the resulting 2 vs 2 they had the upper hand - though I kept worrying that I had miss-counted and some rats would show up out of nowhere and pounce on my Purifier.

After returning I took stock of my Wyrdstone stash: 301 units.

Then the shipment request came in. Bertha wanted wyrdstone shipped back to the rock. ASAP. And in large quantities. To be precise, the monastery demanded 301 units... :getlost:

• Like 1

Finished Bound by Flame.  It was a pretty fun game and it took me about 20 hours to finish.  I'll probably play it again in the future and make completely different choices and do a completely different build.  I went with a full warrior and heavy into pyromancer build, completely ignoring ranger skills.  I'll probably do a full ranger build in the future.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My Sisters beat up some Possessed to take it easy after the ambush.

I was tired, didn't pay as much attention as I should and made silly mistakes I normally do not. When I did notice, I did manage to bring out my A-game so to speak (and did some nifty maneuvering around enemy control zones). But the mission that was supposed to be a walk in the park after the brutal ambush actually ended up more painful. Got lucky that the enemy routed when they did. A quarter of my warband only had slivers of health left. One Light Wound from a crit with a Greatsword. It happens. But the fight should not have been allowed to get this close. Setting my sisters to Parry Stance when engaged with enemies that ignore Parry Stance. Real newbie mistake :p

So, I went and beat up some Skaven and took their stuff and wyrdstone. If this had gone badly, I would not have been surprised. The deployment was in Strike Teams, which is one of the most hated among the community. And against Skaven it can mean defeat within a few rounds, as their high initiative allows them to decimate small groups. As it were, part of my warband is really fast, so they out-initiatived the rats and turned the tables on them. And I got lucky. My smallest strike team, which also was the furthest away from the rest, ended up away from the bulk of the skaven warband. In the resulting 2 vs 2 they had the upper hand - though I kept worrying that I had miss-counted and some rats would show up out of nowhere and pounce on my Purifier.

After returning I took stock of my Wyrdstone stash: 301 units.

Then the shipment request came in. Bertha wanted wyrdstone shipped back to the rock. ASAP. And in large quantities. To be precise, the monastery demanded 301 units... :getlost:

Do the shipment sizes ever cap out? Or does it keep going up until there is no realistic way to complete them anymore?

My Sisters went and beat up some Mercenaries in a Brutal walk in the fog, since their Ogre got stuck somewhere *again* it turned out the Brutal mission was mostly a cakewalk. Ended up with two units with Light Wounds though but that was really it and easily managed to complete the Weirdstone rush bonus objective.

After reading through the forums a bit it seems I probably should have switched the roles of Sisters/Novices, I just kept them with their starting gear, which has been working fairly well for the sword+board ones (in heavy armor) at least though I'm considering trying to swap their roles for my newest member.

I also find that training is a bit of a pain, not in the sense that the expense is much of a problem anymore, but more that I hate having to miss some of my Warband members for 5 days... Well, that and indecision about which skills to pick... Since I don't intend to fire anyone unless they get a really crippling injury and I'm not planning on purposefully sending anyone to their deaths I would have to live with bad decisions for quite a while... ;)

I've also been putting off doing any further storyline missions due to the next one being the Library, which is notoriously buggy, so until they fix that it's regular expeditions for me (or I could do the "save the savegame"-trick, just in case, I guess...)

I have swapped all my Novices and Sisters. Both my novices are currently wearing cloth. One has a blue quality Mace of Expertise and a free Off-Hand. The free hand and cloth have her with an unmodified dodge Chance of 80%. The mace has a high To-Hit chance making it more likely she'll get at least one hit in and trigger her innate dodge bonus. I'll give her Sidestep for an additional Dodge per turn.

My other novice has a Skull Fracture and is affected by Stupidity. She has a purple quality Great Flail. it means 20 less Dodge than the mace wielding novice, but I want her to make up for lost damage for the times she just stands and stares at the moons.

I have not yet decided exactly how I want to spec my Sisters. Making a wyrdstone collector with cloth for high mobility does sound tempting.

Shipments are based on Warband Rank. So they should cap out at rank 10.

Compared to my Novices, my Augur just reached Dodge 100 and is in line to train mastered Sidestep for three dodge attempts per turn.

Edited by melkathi

Amazon's finally back in stock of Batman Arkham Knight.  I got an email saying they're preparing to ship my order which I made back during November's Black Friday sale, when the game was only $39.99.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I don't want to tell you to cancel but I believe GameStop has it for $20 right now for both consoles. Not sure if you're looking at of or consoles.

You might want to see if Amazon will give you a price change due to having to wait even.

Edited by SadExchange

Achieved a couple of major milestones in Mordheim:

- had a Hero reach rank 10 (Clara 'You shall not pass' Quintus aka 'peg-leg')

- had a Henchman reach rank 10 (Grisela 'Phew, dodged that' Aufwieg and she managed it without permantent injuries to boot and only 2 light wounds)

- had my Impressive reach rank 10 (Gusinde Oberst, also without permanent injuries and only 2 light wounds)

- for the first time ever I managed to snatch *all* the Wyrdstone on a map (gotten very close a few times, but nailed it this time in a Hard mission)

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2

So I'm playing XCOM Long War again for the first time in about a year. It's up to the final pre-release build now, and it's pretty much feature complete. I've just about run into the problem that I've had with any flavour of XCOM ever since its release though: I absolutely hate the large UFO missions. The ones that spawn early are in a way a blessing because I can skip them without guilt, but now it's late May and I've got one I know I *should* handle, but I'm seriously tempted to just leave it alone because this type of mission is just a tedious multi-hour slog with a heavily back-loaded outcome (i.e. the 4-6 Outsiders at the end).

With that in mind, I massively look forward to XCOM 2's reduced emphasis on this kind of mission, since "alien" facilities will largely be architecturally the same as human ones and should have a lot more variation than the endless identical UFOs the aliens send now.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G