What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Did anyone of you tried the new baby from Mr. GOLLOP? I heard its pretty good but hard to master and fairly complex even for starters

Chaos Reborn?  I pledged it and have it on Steam, but I've never actually played it.  I don't know why.

Yeah, that's the one. So far i heard only good stuff, but that might be biased as it was from some TB Geeks :p

I can't really get in the right frame of mood to play anything at the moment.

I should have another poke at TOR, I just need to get the contacts from 18 to 20, so that's like a weeks worth of heroics to be done. And I have GTAV to complete at some point if I can carve some time to go through it.....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Noticed I still had State of Decay installed, decided to give it another go. While doing some mission I suddenly got a message that the priest committed suicide (even though afaik all my "home's" parameters were far in the green, there also wasn't the usual "Person is angry/scared, go play therapist" message/quest. It was kinda out of the blue). A bit later my starting character got killed by some hulking monstrosity close the the home base and when I then got "dropped" in the body of one of my other survivors the priest was suddenly back, say what!?

Game feels kinda like Dead Island, probably fun once you get to the later bits in the game, but a serious (and unpolished) slog to get there.

My TF2 unboxes sold and I have €100 god damned euro in my steam wallet holy crap.

Any game suggestions since everything's on sale?

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Having a serious "that's XCOM" series of events in the last day. Or more accurately I guess, "that's Long War". I have my first casualty of the campaign, which happens to be me (that is, Cpl. Humanoid, I use a custom namelist) to a suppressed, 1hp Red Fog debuffed Muton who had a literal 1% chance to hit*. Then my best Scout gets crit for 10 damage on a 4% shot on the next mission: fortunately had 11hp, but she's out for 42 days.

That was on the first mission of a chain of four that will happen over the course of two in-game days: I had a small UFO come in low to land, which I let it do, but just as it did, another small arrived over the same country, this time scouting for my satellite. I shot that down. I did the landed UFO first since there's a smaller timeframe in which to do them. Then as I'm flying back from that mission, a medium UFO now lands, so I have to divert to do that now, but all my good troops are fatigued - I was going to send a weak group to the crashed small, but that group would in no way be prepared for the medium. So yeah, that was three UFOs on the same day. Finally as the icing on the cake, I have an Exalt mission due within 24 hours. Good god.

* One of the new Second Wave option is to see the hit chance of every shot fired.

So, cleaned up those four missions and feel a bit of relief finally. For about one minute, that is, because no sooner than I had hit the "Scan for Activity" again, another UFO appears, a fighter come here to shoot down my satellite. I shoot it down so that's another mission to do, and my roster at this stage consists of three rookies and literally no one else fit for duty.

I can send some fatigued soldiers of course, and I'll have to, but a couple will become active in about a day, so let's advance the time a little. OH HEY, HOW ABOUT A BOMB DISPOSAL MISSION COMMANDER?

So yeah, that's six missions in three days. Bloody hell.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

No, but I've only been able to detect two large landed UFOs total during the campaign anyway. One in March which I visited but retreated from (no way was I going to be able to take down 6 Outsiders with a team of Specs in default gear), and one Abductor which I did successfully raid late April/early May.

To be fair, the two crashed UFOs in that block are skippable, but I'd really like the loot from them. Also a bit of OCD I guess, feels weird to leave them alone.

EDIT: Got through that block of six. OH HEY IT'S ANOTHER SCOUT UFO. So that's the 5th UFO in 3 days, plus the Exalt mission plus the Bomb Disposal.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Got 12 hours into Kotor 2 which I'm surprised. It hasn't age all that well with the newer open world, eye candy games that are currently out. Having this and Kotor remade with a recent game engine that is open world would be awesome.

Isn't there a fast travel back to the ship?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Got 12 hours into Kotor 2 which I'm surprised. It hasn't age all that well with the newer open world, eye candy games that are currently out. Having this and Kotor remade with a recent game engine that is open world would be awesome.

Isn't there a fast travel back to the ship?

There is on Dxun--a Mandalorian scout will fast-travel for you after reaching their camp.

Open-world eye-candy ... I'm in the middle of Dragon Age: Inquisition and it's straight-up Apocalypse Now weird. Knights II couldn't be more different ... with the official updates and the TSLRCM ... I finally was able to convert all the NPCs to Jedi. The Handmaiden and her sisters and Atris, all on Telos and a big melee battle I'd never seen before felt like a multi-boss battle, scrambling because I wasn't expecting it. Lot of fun.  

All Stop. On Screen.

Part of the warband had split off to gather wyrdstone while the others cleaned up the remaining Possessed. One of their mutants though, the bone of his left arm shaped into a wicked blade proved far more dangerous than we had expected. Novice Elyris had charged him to keep the scavenging team free to do their job. He turned around and took her leg lean off at the knee.

On a brighter note, I can now inscribe masterwork runes of Reach. Enchanted a helmet right away, giving my Purifier another 6m of spell range. Add that to her bonus from the mastered skill, she now can throw her Comets of Sigmar at 46m instead of the original 30. If she can see it, she can burn it.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I was trying out Xenonauts. After 2 hours of doing quite fine I sent out a dropship with my best soldiers with expensive equipment to investigate a UFO landing site. When my dropship arrived at the destination, game informed me that it was shot down and only one of my soldiers survived. The game never informed me of this being a possibility. I sighed, hit uninstall, and went on to continue playing XCOM.

I did have time for this kind of crap when I was 12. Now... Not so much.

Edited by Fenixp

The alien craft can take off if you take too long getting there, it sounds like you were really unlucky with your timing but that could happen in classic X-Com too. If it makes you feel any better I had something similar happen in my new XCOM playthrough with a stray rocket taking out all of my best units, failing the mission and causing 4 nations to leave the council. That's Xcom!  :getlost:

• Like 1

I was trying out Xenonauts. After 2 hours of doing quite fine I sent out a dropship with my best soldiers with expensive equipment to investigate a UFO landing site. When my dropship arrived at the destination, game informed me that it was shot down and only one of my soldiers survived. The game never informed me of this being a possibility. I sighed, hit uninstall, and went on to continue playing XCOM.

I did have time for this kind of crap when I was 12. Now... Not so much.

That's why I saved every turn. I know, I'm a dirty cheater.

Edit: Wait till your nearly finished base is wiped out before you have any way to defend it.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Maybe it's realistic, sure, but it's the kind of thing that'd make me not want to play a game at all either. Failure that's effectively completely out of the player's control. New XCOM's air combat system is bad enough and is entirely luck-based, and I'm tempted enough as it is to mod it to remove the randomness (by increasing chance to hit for both interceptors and UFOs to 100% but turning down the damage proportionally, making the engagements purely deterministic).

Critical hits on top of the already stupid-random (as opposed to good-random shooting on the ground which is decision-based) just amplify the problem further.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I'm doing it, my first Metal Gear. Sister gave me a gift card conveniently in-time for the Holiday flash sale on PSN. 

With any luck, tomorrow will be a fun day of The Phantom Pain. 

I remember trying the demo of Metal Gear Solid in 1998. It was terrible.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Failure that's effectively completely out of the player's control.

It's not though, rather a case of poor information relayed to the player.

You need to figure out the game yourself unfortunately, but when you do these things are effectively eliminated unless your concentration lapses.

Fortune favors the bald.

SC2 co op with a friend, is kind of fun with the different commanders. Artanis is a great momentum fighter with the deployable power field. With observers, I can deep strike.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's not

Incredibly accurate shots out of the dark one-shotting kneeling soldiers in full cover kind of are tho :-P But yeah, you guys are probably right, I'll give it another shot when I cool off - was making the mistake of trying the game out on Iron Man (fully expecting to restart it anyway)

At any rate, now I'm playing Shadowrun: Hong Kong. As far as my first impressions go, I found Dragonfall a bit better, but not by a large margin. I still enjoy the combat a lot, decking was overhauled and instead of just offering combat with blue paint it actually feels like sneaking into a secured system now. Downside is that the whole thing is timing-based and the game has considerable input lag - but decking itself is also quite forgiving, so that's all good.

• Like 1