What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

Playing Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign. I like the game, it's relaxing. The big negative is that they kept the microtransactions from the mobile game. I'd happily buy a version that doesn't have this.

I gave up on that. It's just too F2P... if they had just made a proper game I could buy, I'd do that. But having the AI be excessively lucky - gems cascading to 4 times in a row to 5-in-a-row so I get killed in one turn and have to spend real cash to heal my characters to play again? No thanks. When I get annoyed or frustrated I don't give people more money. My motivation doesn't work that way.

I feel you. The AI hasn't been that lucky in my game, or as I usually say, it isn't cheating. I usually down enemies fairly easy with powers. Storm's Hailstorm ability is extremely overpowered. I gave up on the mobile version, but on the PC, I usually play 3 battles per session.

I must be setting up my soldiers badly, because I can never utilize the close range abilities of my MECs.  The enemy is usually in overwatch, so if I try to move them during my turn, they get shot to hell.

Don't have any "scout" with Mimetic skin to search for enemies?

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Early Access of Blackguards and Wasteland 2

Civ 5 and M&B Warband are the two games I keep going back to when the novelty of new games wears off...

Oh and  TESO Beta is the plan for the week end.

Nice, let us know what you think of Blackguards and W2. No need break the NDA just some high level perspectives

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I got stuck into Dragonborn a few days ago and I'm really enjoying it, there's loads of Morrowind fan service and Solstheim is packed with locations, my only criticism is that I think the island should have been bigger to allow for more roaming.  Visiting Apocrypha was cooler than I expected, Skyrim was sorely missing otherworldly stuff so it was nice to have weirdness back in the Elder Scrolls, also the rewards are almost all books which fits the setting and pleases a lore hound like me.

God knows it might end up awful in the end, I expect a total anticlimax but so far it's all been pleasant surprises :)

I got invited back to the next TESO beta which is strange to me since I reviewed it so badly last time they let me in. Maybe it's much improved but I don't think I'll be able to find out as I have to work this weekend and will have to give this a pass

Free games updated 3/4/21

What I won't be playing now or anytime soon is Chaos Chronicles. I just found it was cancelled like half a year ago. Nonetheless, it's a shame it didn't see the light of day. It seemed to have great potential.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I got invited back to the next TESO beta which is strange to me since I reviewed it so badly last time they let me in. Maybe it's much improved but I don't think I'll be able to find out as I have to work this weekend and will have to give this a pass

The internet hive-mind is reporting that TESO sucks donkey balls. Whaddyou think?

sonsofgygax.JPG

Finally beat Awakened Daimon a couple of days ago. I switched back to Assassin and did the blast arrow/periapt thing for most of it. Apparently didn't bring enough, because I still had to Deadly Gouge out half his health.

Blast arrows were especially nice for stopping him from killing my pawns with the vortex.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The internet hive-mind is reporting that TESO sucks donkey balls. Whaddyou think?

I'd agree with that

I'm not much of an Elder Scrolls fan but I do like some MMOs so I thought that maybe the things that I like about the latter would make the former more enjoyable. I was wrong

There are four, as far as I know: for finishing, for finishing classic, for finishing impossible, and for ironman.

Nothing unlocked for me after beating the game on normal (or whatever the default difficulty is).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Playing SR2 turned me off the whacky **** from SR3 so much that I'm not even considering SR4.

Are you playing the PC version? If so, how is the performance? Heard the PC version had a lot of bugs.

I had zero issues when I played it.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

so, company of heroes 2. it is much like warhammer 40k: dawn of war (since it is made by the same guys), however it has larger amounts of troops and requires a ridiculous amount of micro management. certain automations like sending the troops on a cover point and they choose their positioning based on free space and enemy direction to maximize the cover would be welcome to lessen the load on the microing or at least tactical pause, since you often need to give 10 different orders to 10 different squads at the same time and if you dont you lose because they cant  get in position in time

but despite that i like it so far

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Also, what determines what class a soldier in XCOM becomes after graduating from rookie status?  I'd assume that a soldier with a high aim score would become a sniper, but yet in my current (second) play through, after two missions I've only graduated one sniper, and his aim is a pretty pedestrian 55.  In my first play through, my sniper (who became my money shot killer) had an aim in the 80s to start off, then improved to the point I believe it reached over 100 when all was said in and done.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Also, what determines what class a soldier in XCOM becomes after graduating from rookie status?  I'd assume that a soldier with a high aim score would become a sniper, but yet in my current (second) play through, after two missions I've only graduated one sniper, and his aim is a pretty pedestrian 55.  In my first play through, my sniper (who became my money shot killer) had an aim in the 80s to start off, then improved to the point I believe it reached over 100 when all was said in and done.

Taken from here

Rookies start with 40 Will, 65 Aim, 0 Defense, 12 Movement and 3-6 HP depending on the game difficulty chosen. The Second Wave game mode option "Not Created Equally" randomizes the starting Will, Aim, and Movement for Rookies. On one hand a Rookie can start out with 59 Will, 80 Aim and 14 Movement which is significantly better than standard, while on the other hand you can also end up with one with 25 Will, 55 Aim and 11 Movement, which is substantially worse than standard. The only in game way to know what Movement stat your Soldier has is to test it on a battlefield.

As soldiers gain ranks they will receive predefined increases to their HP and Aim based on their Class. Soldiers also gain a randomized 2-6 point Will increase for each rank; if the Iron Will training is purchased this is improved to a possible 4-12 point increase. The Second Wave game mode option "Hidden Potential" randomizes the HP, Aim and Will stat increases; Iron Will improves Will increases by an additional 2-6 points per rank. In addition, soldiers have a 20% chance to gain 1 Movement per rank; Heavies only have a 10% chance.

Yeah, I always select the randomized option.  I find it's more realistic than every rookie having the exact same starting stats.  So I was curious in that case, where some rookies have better/worse stats, how the game decides which become what class.

random stat progression is an idiotic game mechanic... regardless o' the game.  am not even gonna touch the "realistic" = good implication.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Just finished Enter the Dominatrix DLC in Coop. The ending. It. was. Awesome. Too much win to handle for one person.

Makes me wonder how much the designers were smoking when writing this.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Just finished Enter the Dominatrix DLC in Coop. The ending. It. was. Awesome. Too much win to handle for one person.

Makes me wonder how much the designers were smoking when writing this.

It is one of the best endings I've ever seen in a video game.  The amount of win in that ending is tremendous.

I'm playing Shadowrun Returns on my phone, ork decker style.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

What I won't be playing now or anytime soon is Chaos Chronicles. I just found it was cancelled like half a year ago. Nonetheless, it's a shame it didn't see the light of day. It seemed to have great potential.

I had this in my wishlist from Steam for a long time and then started to hear all the trouble between the publisher and developer and lost hope.  It looked to be a solid title before it was finally cancelled.

Not Created Equal is interesting at first glance, but in reality all it does is lead the player to cherry-pick the best rookies and bench the rest. I suspect it ends up making the game a bit easier as it's more than likely that you can find six of your starting roster who start with above-average stats.

Class selection for EW (yes, the expansion overhauled the system) was only cracked recently, and is somewhat tricky to explain. Luckily someone else has done so - here

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G