What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

Currently playing Kingdoms of Amalur, I like it even if I find the scenario a bit boring...I always find myself going back to DAO! :grin: I finished Tomb Raider and Dishonored as well recently, as well at Bat,an Arkham City. Great games too! Anyone could recommend a nice game on Xbox 360? I've been looking for one for a while now (can't get myself to finish FFXIII...)

I've just been going on about how great Mars: War Logs is. It's on the 360 for $10. Try the demo first though.

Mars: War Logs, like all the Spiders games I've played, is a fairly good game that could have been really special but didn't come close to living up to its potential.  It has some good ideas, but it falls into a really tedious pattern of repetition and has some of the most atrocious dialogue and voice acting you will find anywhere this side of a Reality Pump game.  Still, it's thoroughly worthwhile, especially considering the meager asking price.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Still playing some Defiance. They just fixed a bug that had completly overpowered a certain gun, so now it may become more fun again. Joined a clan and it is a lot more enjoyable being able to chat to people and runa round in a group.

Playing Dungeon of the Endless and working on the wiki for that.

Trying to finally finish The Last Remnant, but like so many jRPGs it just doesn't want to end :p Recorded a boss fight and put the video up on youtube (but just ingame sound). It is a shame that most of the difficuly later on seems to merely be non-stop AoE spam.

Haven't played Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe in a while, so feel like diving in there again.

Played some Full Mojo Rampage. Nice sense of humour and wierd.

Playing some Puzzle Quest as it was going dead cheap and I still had cash from my card sales.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I got into the Hearthstone beta, so I played that for a few hours last night. I'm sure it is fun for people that like that sort of thing, but I don't have the inclination to devout myself to it.

I played through Broken Age Act 1 and loved it. It's a bit short(3-4 hours), and the puzzles are easy... but it made up for it in story, art, music, voice acting, and charm.

Couple short stints in the Banner Saga and I have to say I don't really get the combat metagame. Fundamentally it's understandable enough, and I very much like the fact that health equals damage.

What I don't get is the tactical implications of the hard-coded alternating turns, which if anything seems to hobble the player with more units. As my party gets bigger, I feel significantly weaker because my big damage dealer now gets turns far less often and instead I get to take actions with the worthless little guys who do 1-2 damage. I just don't understand the rationale at work here at all. Why on earth would you design a turn structure like that?

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Valdis Story: Abyssal City

I'm on my 3rd playthrough with this new metroidvania game, playing on the hardest difficulty. I'm trying to get a complete 100% run (well, as much as I can, some magic and armor upgrade components are limited).

Trying to get an S-ranking on Shu Gohth bossfight has made my fingers ache like mad. You get ranked for time, number of hits taken and number of health potions used, and you need a minimum of 2 S's and one A rank to get best rank and reward. On Godslayer difficulty (Very very hard), I often have trouble simply surviving through the boss fights, let alone doing it with style and efficiency.

Bloody love this game though. Has a larger number of proper, balanced combat options than your standard metroidvania

Edited by Nordicus
  • Like 1

I've just started Dishonoured and even though I'm only 3 hours into it I can see myself enjoying it :)

• Like 3

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Currently playing Kingdoms of Amalur, I like it even if I find the scenario a bit boring...I always find myself going back to DAO! :grin: I finished Tomb Raider and Dishonored as well recently, as well at Bat,an Arkham City. Great games too! Anyone could recommend a nice game on Xbox 360? I've been looking for one for a while now (can't get myself to finish FFXIII...)

I've just been going on about how great Mars: War Logs is. It's on the 360 for $10. Try the demo first though.

Mars: War Logs, like all the Spiders games I've played, is a fairly good game that could have been really special but didn't come close to living up to its potential.  It has some good ideas, but it falls into a really tedious pattern of repetition and has some of the most atrocious dialogue and voice acting you will find anywhere this side of a Reality Pump game.  Still, it's thoroughly worthwhile, especially considering the meager asking price.

Dialogue and voice acting was completely redone by Kalypso some months after the game was out.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Only about an hour or so into the Banner Saga but I'll give my initial impressions

Wot i like

Combat!

Graphics and Art(style/direction/cinematics)

The world so far

Wot i doesn't like

No character of my own creation

Switching characters

Bottom line

I dig the art direction and tactical combat and while I think the story and world are interesting it's like playing a book. I would actually say it's more adventure game with tactical combat than arghpeegee*

*not necessarily a bad thing

I'm really enjoying it, its a damned gorgeous game with some fun combat, but if this is what they can do with 700k, I hope they can do a sequel with maybe some publisher backing for some voice acting. This is definitely a game that would benefit greatly from voice acting.

It needs a different mechanic for levelling too. My big damage dealers who can kill guys in one hit are all level 4, and my archers are all level one because they can't kill anything.

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I played today Gran Turismo 6 again, tried to get gold in all missions in International B challenge... I ended up driving more than 230kms before I was able to finally get gold after four hours spent on Mission IB-3... The game is slowly getting pretty steep in difficulty, but it is still easier than Gran Turismo 5...

I should get some break with some easygoing game until all the adrenaline gets out of my body...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I should get some break with some easygoing game until all the adrenaline gets out of my body...

If you have Osmos then play that for a bit.  It's one of the most chill games I've ever played.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm really enjoying it, its a damned gorgeous game with some fun combat, but if this is what they can do with 700k, I hope they can do a sequel with maybe some publisher backing for some voice acting. This is definitely a game that would benefit greatly from voice acting.

It needs a different mechanic for levelling too. My big damage dealers who can kill guys in one hit are all level 4, and my archers are all level one because they can't kill anything.

The concept of a given character gaining experience for making kills is pretty much the standard for turn-based tactical games. If you want to improve a specific character's level you need to deliberately design a situation to set up the ideal conditions for that character to get a kill.

I had Alette and Oddleif up to lv3 before Iver was even lv2 (normal.) It can be risky, but it can be worth it, especially to upgrade their armor damage.

Rook is a beast, though.

Edited by AGX-17

I remember the fishing in Torchlight2 being more productive, over the long haul. I'm guessing they nerfed some of the fishing percentages...which is too bad, I liked the fishing for when I didn't feel like monster bashing.

I'm also remembering why I probably stopped playing TL2 - it's great fun in short doses but it's too monotonous gameplay/area wise, even for a loot-fest game, and becomes rather uninspiring before long. Can't quite put my finger on it, but yeah. Still, it is fun to revisit once in a while. 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

EU4 expansion.

For the most part I like it, but some new bugs cropped up, so if you're interested you may want to investigate if you want to wait to pick this up.

All in all though, I love the colonial nations and custom new world.

Finally beat normal mode for Dragon's Crown...kinda of got side tracked.  Now completing quests and heading to Hard mode.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The concept of a given character gaining experience for making kills is pretty much the standard for turn-based tactical games. If you want to improve a specific character's level you need to deliberately design a situation to set up the ideal conditions for that character to get a kill.

I had Alette and Oddleif up to lv3 before Iver was even lv2 (normal.) It can be risky, but it can be worth it, especially to upgrade their armor damage.

Rook is a beast, though.[/quote

Rookis easily the best character, an archer with double the strength and armor of any other archer, damn. I like the preorder spearman too.]

Devastatorsig.jpg

Rookis easily the best character, an archer with double the strength and armor of any other archer, damn. I like the preorder spearman too.]

I was referring to his mark ability, more specifically.

Oddly, I've only used it once because I'm never close enough Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Scooped up The Secret World.  From everything I've read and heard about the game, the mechanics suck donkey balls, but the writing is great and the setting is interesting.  The tiny bit I played so far seems to confirm this.  It's definitely completely different than any MMO I've played before, which is a very good thing.  I can live with ****ty gameplay if the world is interesting and the writing is good.  Plus this is all conspiracy theory secret society stuff and that is definitely my jam.  You present me with some New World Order secret society stuff and I instantly get all "feed me more, inject it right into my veins".  Add to that Cthulhu Mythos goodness and I'm pretty much full on nerdgasm.  Now I gotta choose, Illuminati, Templars, or Dragon.  Templars are out, too goody two shoes, so that leaves the "we pull the strings, we don't care at what expense" of Illuminati or the "chaos is the only truth" of Dragon.  Decisions decisions.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

If you have Osmos then play that for a bit.  It's one of the most chill games I've ever played.

Hmm, don't know that game, decided to play Atelier Ayesha for a while and then go sleep :D. Ayesha is less addictive than the previous three Arland Ateliers, which is for me a positive thing. I am able to go to sleep before 5 am that way :D

Will be playing GT6 again today for a while, but no hard missions for today, just the easier races :)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I've just started Dishonoured and even though I'm only 3 hours into it I can see myself enjoying it :)

That's on my to do list.  I got the game of the year edition (or whatever one has all the DLC), but I'm still trucking along with XCOM: Enemy Within.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Scooped up The Secret World.  From everything I've read and heard about the game, the mechanics suck donkey balls, but the writing is great and the setting is interesting.  The tiny bit I played so far seems to confirm this.  It's definitely completely different than any MMO I've played before, which is a very good thing.  I can live with ****ty gameplay if the world is interesting and the writing is good.  Plus this is all conspiracy theory secret society stuff and that is definitely my jam.  You present me with some New World Order secret society stuff and I instantly get all "feed me more, inject it right into my veins".  Add to that Cthulhu Mythos goodness and I'm pretty much full on nerdgasm.  Now I gotta choose, Illuminati, Templars, or Dragon.  Templars are out, too goody two shoes, so that leaves the "we pull the strings, we don't care at what expense" of Illuminati or the "chaos is the only truth" of Dragon.  Decisions decisions.

I wish it was a singleplayer game. One that's actually fun to play.

• Like 3

Actually, Dragon are the goody two shoes. Templars are right gits.

As I said. I'm on "Grim"

But if you are on a different server I might say hello :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Been playing more Full Mojo Rampage. It is still in Early Access and a lot isn't implemented, but I am having fun.

Unlocked three additional patron Loa (which works out as classes) - of these one isn't fully implemented and is missing the mojo ability :p

Unlocked a few vodoo masks for my little dude, including two hidden ones. Though I wont be using the luchador one.