What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

Finished Mars: War Logs. What a great game! The best I've played in a long time. Really has everything an RPG should have. Too bad it got such mixed reviews, almost missed it and probably a lot of other people did too. My only serious complaints are that enemies respawn in some areas in part 2, so some times you have to do the same fight both coming and going, and it might turn out for nothing. And part 3 is too combat heavy, but combat is pretty fun, so that's not so bad. Not sure I made optimal decisions, my ending didn't turn out too well, I may have been too kind.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Picked up Banner Saga as well, it is very good.  I prefer the Rook storyline, it's very interesting.  The other one hasn't really hooked me.  But I imagine they are building towards something, and it isn't unplayable or anything.  Definitely looks like another kickstarter success to me.

• Like 1

Picked up Banner Saga as well, it is very good.  I prefer the Rook storyline, it's very interesting.  The other one hasn't really hooked me.  But I imagine they are building towards something, and it isn't unplayable or anything.  Definitely looks like another kickstarter success to me.

Nice, I wanted this KS to be a success

I'm playing Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood at the moment, its loads of fun. I am enjoying the whole Western theme, its a nice change but I realize how much I miss Red Dead Redemption. The only thing I don't like is the gun duels part of the game, its frustrating  but I am winning the duels

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

As for myself, just finished Game of Thrones as Mors. Great story. One of the better RPG's I played of recent times. The engine might be a bit crappy, combat as used to in RPG's meh... but damn, that story. The conversations. The high conversation vs. fight ratio, even increasing in the endgame.

It even has a cutscene specially if you loose "the final battle" showing a what if... that... was awesome!

Overall, good game hampered by it's engine being unoptimalised. Beats Witcher II handsdown IMO.

I was enjoying the story too. I made the nobleman an archer though, and that was a baaaaaaad idea. I'll have to pick it up and finish 'er off, however.

what do you mean developing Dante's playstle? They removed moves from him not adding anything important. Changing styles on the fly with dpad is not really a focued development.

Actually changing styles with the d-pad *is* pretty huge, I'm not sure how you could argue otherwise. It allows you to change your tactics on the fly and move your combos to different directions in a way that wasn't really possible in DMC3. I don't remember moves being removed from him either, honestly, his moveset is slightly different, but that's more of a natural result of having different weapons this time around.

• Like 1

Don't mention weapons, they ruined most of his combos or removed them. He was also slower and afaik you couldn't even cancel attacks. Anyway the point i'm trying to make is that Dante was the afterthought of DMC4, everything was about Nero. Even the enemies.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Finished Mars: War Logs. What a great game! The best I've played in a long time. Really has everything an RPG should have. Too bad it got such mixed reviews, almost missed it and probably a lot of other people did too. My only serious complaints are that enemies respawn in some areas in part 2, so some times you have to do the same fight both coming and going, and it might turn out for nothing. And part 3 is too combat heavy, but combat is pretty fun, so that's not so bad. Not sure I made optimal decisions, my ending didn't turn out too well, I may have been too kind.

There's only one ending.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Don't mention weapons, they ruined most of his combos or removed them. He was also slower and afaik you couldn't even cancel attacks. Anyway the point i'm trying to make is that Dante was the afterthought of DMC4, everything was about Nero. Even the enemies.

I'd need to replay the game, but that doesn't really match my experience. I can't really find any info on the net either on removed cancels, as far as I remember Dante had the whole package, including the finicky things like enemy step and jump cancel.

Started Drakensang again, this time with an Amazon(guess I'll find out whether that's a good choice for the first playthrough) and again I forgot to change the default name. Just noticed that my character is called 'Yannis von Schetzenek'...

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

There's only one ending.

By ending I meant what you're told in the epilogue.

You can't kill Marco?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Played a bit of Broken Age today. I played about a half hour of the Shay story, not nearly enough to make even a preliminary judgement on story and puzzles (the few I did were incredibly simple, as is expected for super early puzzles).  I can say that the game looks incredibly gorgeous, the voice acting and musical score are both top notch.  The wolf guy, Marek, is amazingly good in particular.  Like any Double Fine game it's pretty much bursting at the seams with charm and whimsy.  The control scheme choice is slightly odd, but nothing that I couldn't adjust to in all of 15 seconds.  I'm definitely looking forward to diving into the game headlong come this weekend.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Strange, I don't think that I got a link with a code to get the game. Do I get a mail with that stuff or do I have to login somewhere? Can't find anything about it right now.

Reminds me that in theory I even had beta access...

/Edit: Ok, found something about it. Had to go to www.humblebundle.com then scroll down to the bottom and click the "lost key" link. Then I typed in my kickstarter mail and connected my account with steam.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Finished Chapter 4 of Braggarts, will need to wait til the 24th for the final chapter.

Already have >40 hours on this game, all these turn-based battles one after another really add up. Still, pity it isn't a full-fledged arrpeegee, I wouldn't mind a Drakensang 3 from Daedalic in the vein of Divinity Original Sin.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Strange, I don't think that I got a link with a code to get the game. Do I get a mail with that stuff or do I have to login somewhere? Can't find anything about it right now.

/Edit: Ok, found something about it. Had to go to www.humblebundle.com then scroll down to the bottom and click the "lost key" link. Then I typed in my kickstarter mail and connected my account with steam.

Spam filter ate the email Humble Bundle sent me.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Currently playing Kingdoms of Amalur, I like it even if I find the scenario a bit boring...I always find myself going back to DAO! :grin: I finished Tomb Raider and Dishonored as well recently, as well at Bat,an Arkham City. Great games too! Anyone could recommend a nice game on Xbox 360? I've been looking for one for a while now (can't get myself to finish FFXIII...)

Tried out three games on the ****ty laptop I have access to (it's a Celeron 900).

Gone Home: Runs terribly on lowest settings. Single digit framerate is what I'm talking about here, if not worse.

Broken Age: Crashes when trying to start a new game or load a save.

The Banner Saga: Runs almost perfectly.

That settles that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've done as you described, no key.

Contact Humble Bundle support.  I didn't get my key and I contacted Double Fine support who it turn told me to contact Humble Bundle support (since they're doing the fulfillment) and Humble Bundle support got back to me with my key.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Contact Humble Bundle support.  I didn't get my key and I contacted Double Fine support who it turn told me to contact Humble Bundle support (since they're doing the fulfillment) and Humble Bundle support got back to me with my key.

Thanks, will do.

Finished Chapter 4 of Braggarts, will need to wait til the 24th for the final chapter.

Already have >40 hours on this game, all these turn-based battles one after another really add up. Still, pity it isn't a full-fledged arrpeegee, I wouldn't mind a Drakensang 3 from Daedalic in the vein of Divinity Original Sin.

I only put a couple hours into this game so far and have put it down till the last chapter is released, which is soon enough, however the time I have spent with the game has been great so far.  I look forward to the rest of the game and creating your own character after that is added in as well.  I really have to get the Drakensang games because I've heard great things about them.

Currently playing Kingdoms of Amalur, I like it even if I find the scenario a bit boring...I always find myself going back to DAO! :grin: I finished Tomb Raider and Dishonored as well recently, as well at Bat,an Arkham City. Great games too! Anyone could recommend a nice game on Xbox 360? I've been looking for one for a while now (can't get myself to finish FFXIII...)

I've just been going on about how great Mars: War Logs is. It's on the 360 for $10. Try the demo first though.
  • Like 1