What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

the thing i dislike about company of heroes, is the lack of certain automations for the controls... this makes it a micromanagement nightmare (and also the fact that i cant customize the controls)

for example i want to move a squad to a position. they can jump a fence or go around the building to get there. if i do not give them the order to jump the fence and then the order to go to the destination, they will go around the building

A force move order would be good, whereby troops took the most direct route to an objective, but micro is all part of CoH. If you force moved, especially with the true-sight system, your troops will probably blunder into a machinegun or a lurking Panzer. However, you can stack up orders for units, hit shift + order when toggling them. For example, you can order a unit to move to 'A' vault wall 'B' then take green cover at point 'C' simply by holding down shift. This is what I tend to do, especially with opening units (if I play Soviets, say, I usually send an engineer to cap by shift-clicking then deploy my first three conscripts to cap in cover likewise).

So try some shift / click and see if that helps.

i know i can use shift

another thing is that i cant make squads interact using the icons on the top left. i want to take a squad of conscripts and merge it with some guards that are missing 3 people... i cant click on the conscript icon then use merge on the guard icon and have them do it... i have to select the conscripts, choose merge, and then locate the guards on the map to click on them

its a time consuming process that could have been easily made a one click order

the game itself is good, but some things in it have needlessly complicated and time wasting procedures to be done, when they could have easily be done with a single click and leave the extra time to actually make strategic and tactical decisions about the battle

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

i just found a way to make DnD based games easier without touching the difficulty slider... the trick can even be used in BG2 to kill irenicus without him being able to lift a finger and it is not even an exploit but creative use of an item... namelly the scroll of magic protection!

this scroll comes in very limited supply (like 2 or 3 in the entire game) and the target of it, becomes imune to all magic while at the same time he cannot cast any magic himself. so you use the scroll on the enemy wizard instead of yourself. all his defenses go down, he can no longer cast spells and it cannot be removed. also he gets no save against it and it is not affected by magic resistance because it is a defensive spell. so you use the scroll on the enemy mage and he is locked out of the battle. when you finish off the rest, you can just cut him down effortlessly

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Metro 2033. Been a while since I played a shooter. This one is pretty good for what it is. Crazy atmospheric, with plenty of things jumping at you and going Boo!; however this whole post-apoc grimdark thing is frankly wearing a bit thin.

Surprised to discover that my Russian is good enough not to have to play in English which definitely adds to it though.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Metro 2033. Been a while since I played a shooter. This one is pretty good for what it is. Crazy atmospheric, with plenty of things jumping at you and going Boo!; however this whole post-apoc grimdark thing is frankly wearing a bit thin.

Surprised to discover that my Russian is good enough not to have to play in English which definitely adds to it though.

I've played through it in both English and Russian, and I actually liked some of the English more than the Russian. The Dark Ones, particularly, I thought sounded better than with the deep Russian voices. Loved Metro 2033 - such a shame I really didn't like the sequel...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Tried out Total War: Shogun 2. Did the beginner tutorial. I suck at these games but the game seemed fun enough that I will play this on and off. I'll be playing on easy difficulty to learn the gist of things. I enjoyed the first Shogun game but haven't played a Total War game since. Thanks to ShadySands for gifting me this.

Was innocently strolling around in Skyrim when a bear attacked me. Suddenly, it was on fire and I knew I had no fire effect on my sword. I look up and see one dragon and one blood dragon. I had to kill them for stealing my bear kill to begin with.

Hm, was running my Kotor2 play through with the Restored Mod, but there seems to be a bit of game break. Just went through the Ravager, defeated Nihil, get the ship blowup, the talk with Onasi... and then the ship flies to Dantooine, there's no quest updates, and the party select screen keeps Mandalore as unavailable..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Downloaded pet skin mod for TL2, discovered that running with the mods active means I can't use/have no access to previous game chrs. Screw that for now.

Hubs dl'd the game to try it. As usual he's trying it with a gamepad hack, tho he has the wireless KB/mouse with him as well. His insistence on gamepad limits our potential game choices a lot. Tho in this case I'll doubt he'll like the game enough for us to care much. :lol: He played D1/D2 with me a little bit, but was never really into them.

Edit: Hubs just came in the room to ask me:

"Do you run out of bullets in this game?"

lawlz.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Playing Wizardry 6. Haven't actually died much except for two total party wipes right at the beginning, and rather stupidly walking off the top of a tower, but I'm getting the impression there's going to be a Road to Arnika moment when I realise that enemies are going to level scale my ass to kingdom come. Apart from that I have little to no idea what I'm doing at all apart from randomly opening and unlocking doors.

Hm, was running my Kotor2 play through with the Restored Mod, but there seems to be a bit of game break. Just went through the Ravager, defeated Nihil, get the ship blowup, the talk with Onasi... and then the ship flies to Dantooine, there's no quest updates, and the party select screen keeps Mandalore as unavailable..

Well, that's odd. And random. Dantooine?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Well, that's odd. And random. Dantooine?

Yup. Dantooine. 

You have that talk with Onasi about Revan, the Exile walks off, Bastila comes along has that short talk with Onasi. The screen goes to the movie sequence of the Ebon Hawk flying off and into hyperspace...

And then you're in the Ebon Hawk, on Dantooine.

The only quests showing are the unfinished bit about the Pazaak Players from Nar Shaddaa, and the "Finding Droid Factory" for HK. Although I've run into about 5 or 6 of the HK-50 droid packs and it's never progressed beyond the "you have met two teams, you need to encounter one more".

I'm wondering if I need to dig out the Editor and figure out how to manually flip that counter before heading to Telos.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

While there is a lot to like about Castlevania: Lords of Shadows, there is one thing I absolutely abhor, the complete and utter lack of camera control.  I get that it's probably easier to create a game this way and it lets you set up cool looking views that you can be sure get to be viewed from just the right angle for maximum gorgeousness, but come on, this is 2014, I should not still have to play ****ty Camera Angle: The Video Game.  I thought we did away with this crap years ago?  The worst is where the camera rotates wildly in an area where you're fighting mini-bosses and you're dodging like crazy and trying to set up power attacks all the meanwhile the camera is shifting constantly, screwing up your angles.  It's ridiculous.  Still a badass game, though.  It's got a lot of what I like about Tomb Raider games, that being climbing, jumping, puzzle type stuff, and the combat is good when the camera doesn't screw with you too much.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well the game is from 2010. :lol:

Point taken.  Still, even in 2010 I shouldn't have had to play ****ty Camera Angle: The Video Game.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

that's the thing that really pissed me off too. and since i had no pad, it was even harder to go to the right direction in certain places

• Like 1

-Teknoman2-

Well the game is from 2010. :lol:

Point taken.  Still, even in 2010 I shouldn't have had to play ****ty Camera Angle: The Video Game.

True, but the thing is aparently everyone gets the damn thing wrong, even in 2014. :/

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Playing SR2 turned me off the whacky **** from SR3 so much that I'm not even considering SR4.

Are you playing the PC version? If so, how is the performance? Heard the PC version had a lot of bugs.

I had zero issues when I played it.

That sounds great! Oh man, can't wait to replay that game on he PC. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Cities in Motion 2.  Fun game if you like setting up systems and such.  Blundering along through it, but it is funny to see one stop havin 109 people waiting at it - bad scheduling on my part.  The UI could be a bit better, tiny graphs, can end up with windows everywhere and the camera controls are a bit awkward (I'd just like a zoom to cursor with the scrollwheel function)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

that's the thing that really pissed me off too. and since i had no pad, it was even harder to go to the right direction in certain places

Ouch, that had to be super painful with m&kb.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸