What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

Still a bit of Torchlight 2 now and then. I found a mod that increased the town shared-stash inventory to 1600 slots for each tab (items, spells, fish/potions tabs) and that's helped my sense of being able to just bash monsters without thinking about all the mule characters I want to make every 10 minutes. Like, one for every Set. :p So that was good enough I made new mod-save chrs so I could use it.

Not that I needed 1600 slots, but that's all I found in shared-stash only. Most mods increased all stash/chr. inventory/store inventory etc. and that apparently causes some mod-compatibility issues here and there. Anyway...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Wow, I am not used to playing BG. Just had Monty and Xzar get double 1-shot by a lightning bolt -- the "joys" of being level 1! :p

I'm guessing the caster was Silke, on Garrick's short quest in Beregost? 

Oh FFS Stoic. I hate such things. So hours of playthrough wastd because of some stupid gimmick. >_<

Which?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm making my first playthrough with the Enemy Within and have been having a great time with.  I used to be a reloader when I would lose my good squad members, but for this playthrough, I decided to play it Iron Man style without selecting Iron Man mode for some reason :huh:   Through this, choices are quite a bit harder and I have lost a few really good soldiers, plus has gone on missions with only 3 team members due to not having anyone else outside of the sickbay.  At this rate, really wondering if I'll make the end, but I do truly enjoy the game.  One of the better/best turn-based games I've played for sure.  I will say just starting another mission makes me want to play through it, it's just some solid gameplay and constantly has me hooked. I am also looking forward to Blackguards when that finally releases on Friday and of course Divinity: Original Sin whenever that'll release.

I've lost a few of my better soldiers.  One mission was quite the catastrophe because I came across those stupid spider-like aliens that poison you when they hit.  My squad at the time was still low level, and I wasn't prepared for them, so I lost two of my best soldiers (at the time) to those things.

The map variety is also pretty good.  Even though the general missions and story remain the same every time you start a play through, the maps you're given for various missions change.  So it gives you a chance to try out new tactics and such even though it's the same overall mission as you played previously.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

SHIVs can rescue games that otherwise are headed down the toilet. Alloy SHIVs in particular (normal SHIVs come at the point in the game where taking lower ranked troops isn't as big a liability) are cheap, fast (they move further than standard troops), tough (hp similar to Titan but unlocked by researching Carapace), do more damage than equivalent-tech assault weapons, and thus can shepherd your newbies while they learn to shoot.

And with upgrades they can suppress and self-repair, plus they benefit from a number of passive boosts you get from the MEC technologies - so they're more powerful than ever in Enemy Within. Their aim is a bit rubbish but can be compensated for by getting in close - you obviously won't need to worry about being flanked or otherwise exposed. And they're viable right to the end, even when the toughest aliens are out in force: which is to say, with enough SHIVs, no game should become unwinnable due to attrition.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

After playing the Banner Saga and highly enjoying it (except for a few missteps), I decided to try out the Shadowrun Returns mod called Nightmare Harvest. Had been hearing a lot of good things about it.

For the most part I enjoyed it. A few design decisions I wasn't crazy about. But definitely a good showcase of the fact that there'll probably be more good mods coming for the game.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Oh FFS Stoic. I hate such things. So hours of playthrough wastd because of some stupid gimmick. >_<

Which?

The big  betrayal , where you can't do anything to prevent it at that point. So i had to load back 2 or 3 chapters and never took the damn characters along. I just didn't want to lose a useful character compared to someone i only used to get a trophy.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Wow, I am not used to playing BG. Just had Monty and Xzar get double 1-shot by a lightning bolt -- the "joys" of being level 1! :p

The joys of low level D&D.  I got so sick of save scumming in BG that I would just use a save editor to boost my characters to level 3 at the beginning, then once I would get to level 4 or 5 I would subtract the appropriate amount of exp (like 3000 exp or whatever it was to get to level 3) from the characters to get back on an even playing field.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Decided to put the JRPGs aside and play this one. Bought it long ago, about time I put a serious effort into playing it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I have to say I'm loving Dishonored, its a really cleverly designed game. I am enjoying many of the  features like finding the runes and charms, the narrative and using the heart to read the secrets of people. Its early days for me in the game, I'm about to go into the Golden Cat but what a load of fun :w00t:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I have to say I'm loving Dishonored, its a really cleverly designed game. I am enjoying many of the  features like finding the runes and charms, the narrative and using the heart to read the secrets of people. Its early days for me in the game, I'm about to go into the Golden Cat but what a load of fun :w00t:

Load of fun... Golden Cat...

You dirty boy, you.

• Like 1

Fun in Cities in Motion 2 is trying to salvage a bad design.  I figure I need to ditch my 20 bus routes in favour of trams

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Which?

The big  betrayal , where you can't do anything to prevent it at that point. So i had to load back 2 or 3 chapters and never took the damn characters along. I just didn't want to lose a useful character compared to someone i only used to get a trophy.

I was lucky, I think the family man warrior he kills he only does so if you have him in your party, and only if you don't have Egil, so he only tried killing Oddleif in my game since Egil died while I was escaping my village in chapter 2, and I took warrior brother with me, not family-man brother.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Dark Age of Camelot

The MMO game I put most time in back in the days. (The only MMO I ever played longer than one month.)

Is that MMO still going? What's the population like?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Dark Age of Camelot

The MMO game I put most time in back in the days. (The only MMO I ever played longer than one month.)

It's a very small group of people still playing.

Dark Age of Camelot

It's a very small group of people still playing.

Larger than that playing WAR though, right?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Which?

I was lucky, I think the family man warrior he kills he only does so if you have him in your party, and only if you don't have Egil, so he only tried killing Oddleif in my game since Egil died while I was escaping my village in chapter 2, and I took warrior brother with me, not family-man brother.

I thought Egil was the only character he killed.  I know he gets Oddleif, but apparently the mender can heal some people but not the ones I like.  :\

Playing some Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.  The combat is pretty fun, but the camera angle can get awkward at times.  Especially when you're in sword mode and happen to brush up against the LS, the screen tilts way up or way down, so I end up slashing at the sky, then the ground, then trying to target the enemy again right in front of me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I thought Egil was the only character he killed.  I know he gets Oddleif, but apparently the mender can heal some people but not the ones I like.  :\

Yup this is one of many way that Egil dies, but like i said, i used him a lot unlike the others. And yes only Edil dies, other are just injured for a few days. So other than pissing me off, you also lose on 2 trophies since Allette kills a man and Egil is dead. Maybe i should have played one a little bit and got the other helmed bastard kill trophy before i loaded, but i don't really care anymore. It's funny how the warning you get at he beginning ( from tryggvi i believe), not to trust men with helmets is actually quite accurate. :lol:

Playing some Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.  The combat is pretty fun, but the camera angle can get awkward at times.  Especially when you're in sword mode and happen to brush up against the LS, the screen tilts way up or way down, so I end up slashing at the sky, then the ground, then trying to target the enemy again right in front of me.

Yes the camera can cause problems, but i had actually had more difficulties with cutting itself. When i bought the game i expected to cut right away when you move the stick in chosen direction, but you actually cut in that direction once you let go or move the stick again. Sure when creating minced meat, that's not a problem, but it was with "surgical" cuts. Sure i got used to it later, but it still bothers me a little.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.