What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

Might & Magic X: Legacy.  Starting up a new game on Warrior (Hard) difficulty.  I only ever played on Adventurer (Normal) during Early Access, so this should be interesting.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Might & Magic X: Legacy.  Starting up a new game on Warrior (Hard) difficulty.  I only ever played on Adventurer (Normal) during Early Access, so this should be interesting.

Heh.  M&M 3-5 had that same difficulty-level nomenclature, and I could never remember which was which. 

Edit:  Playing some Mass Effect 2.  The series' major flaws that have all been hashed over far too much by now (e.g., the long-axis plot arc; the unquestioning lionization of military heroism with all civilian support/control unfailingly characterized as villainous; Bioware "romance" scenes), but it also has some fantastic smaller-scale moments, most of which are in the 2nd game.  And the gameplay is fun when I play one of the classes that suits how I prefer to do this kind of game (i.e., powers-focused, with heavy pause use). 

Edited by Enoch

Heh.  M&M 3-5 had that same difficulty-level nomenclature, and I could never remember which was which. 

Well, this game was patterned after World of Xeen (MM 4 & 5), so that makes a lot of sense.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Is that the original? I don't recall a Brenda's Lab in the second.

(If so, what's the original like compared to the second?)

Definitely the original.

It is much rougher than JA2, but it has quite a bit of charm to it.  

Yes the first game. The soul of the game is the same,i might claim it's even better in the original.  Everything you know from JA2 is there. Mercs have crazier personalities and you can't hire  just anyone on day 1, you have to prove yourself before better mercs are available. You can only hire max 8 mercs, but since there's never more than 8 enemies in 1 sector, that's enough to have a mechanic repairing and native guide and still shouldn't have problems in combat. Combat is simpler of course, no burst or autofire, not that many weapons, no stances and merc inventory size is small. But it's very fun.

The graphics is the one thing other than the mercs that really attracted me once and still does today. That pixelated look is just gorgeus.  a picture from the other thread to show some of it.

http://i.imgur.com/8Nvcv60.png

If you like JA2, i recommend you give the original a try as soon as you can.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Jagged Alliance. day 3. got my modified .357 fixed and liberating Brenda's lab.

Is that the original? I don't recall a Brenda's Lab in the second.

(If so, what's the original like compared to the second?)

Definitely the original.

It is much rougher than JA2, but it has quite a bit of charm to it.  

JA1 and JA2 play quite different though, because JA2 added all the stuff like soldier stances, "real" travel on worldmap at any time, training militia, etc. If JA1 would have been released last year and JA2 this year, people would rage about the heresy and all the changes. :>

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Arkash: Legacy.

I am struggling with fights, failing 5 or 6 times at one encounter. I can't remember when last I played a game that did this :)

My main problem with the game so far is that, so far, all maps have been completly linear. Sure, at some point you take two steps to the right or left to open a chest, but you never get to explore the levels - just move from point A to point B.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Blackguards

The writing in this game is cringe worthy, combat seems okaysh and I haven't gotten that far yet to say anything about the story (though the beginning wasn't very exiting).

Thought the story was above average for a DSA game.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I got a 90% off coupon for Iron Sky: Invasion, so currently killing space Nazis. Gameplay similar to Wing Commander, but with the ridiculous setting of Iron Sky. Production values are pretty good. Even got the actress who played the President to reprise her role in cutscenes.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

JA1 and JA2 play quite different though, because JA2 added all the stuff like soldier stances, "real" travel on worldmap at any time, training militia, etc. If JA1 would have been released last year and JA2 this year, people would rage about the heresy and all the changes. :>

No they wouldn't. Dual wielding guns sways anyone. :p

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Wrapped up AC: Black Flag. They do seem to be trying to push the emotional buttons on that ending.

The song being sung by the irish lass, the ship sailing into the horizon, the young daughter turning up,  I get the feeling they were ticking off a check list.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Wrapped up AC: Black Flag. They do seem to be trying to push the emotional buttons on that ending.

The song being sung by the irish lass, the ship sailing into the horizon, the young daughter turning up,  I get the feeling they were ticking off a check list.

I think the plot/character development was very nicely done. It was the strongest in the series in my opinion.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I think in general it was pretty much the strongest all the way around.

I think the plot/character development was very nicely done. It was the strongest in the series in my opinion.

I'd say it was the strongest all the way around for the series.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Skyrim. Running around the world, occasionally doing a quest or two.

Summoner 2. The game gets a lot of hate on many places but I like it. I especially like the fact that it isn't good old Tolkien inspired fantasy, even if that wouldn't have bothered me.

Finished Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.  Pretty good game.  The combat was fun, and the story was actually pretty good.  I probably would have understood more of it had I played the previous Metal Gear games in the series before.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Summoner 2. The game gets a lot of hate on many places but I like it. I especially like the fact that it isn't good old Tolkien inspired fantasy, even if that wouldn't have bothered me.

I played it on Gamecube. It was alright.

I expect the new Dragon Age to have combat similar to it.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I played it on Gamecube. It was alright.

I expect the new Dragon Age to have combat similar to it.

I feel like Dragon Age II wasn't far off, although I like Summoner 2 better... except for the camera.

Might & Magic X: Legacy.  I'm loving the heck out of this game.  There was the worry that since it was being made by a developer that never made a Might & Magic game (not even a spinoff) they would botch it, but put those worries at rest.  Lymbic did Might & Magic up proper.  **** this game is good.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I was never going to love MM10, I knew that from the start. I've never loved any of the mainline Might and Magic games, and their fundamental gameplay elements that were shared with its contemporaries. Hacking, slashing, and looting were never what made an RPG for me. But with that in mind, MM10 is a well made game, and I'm very much enjoying it.

- The nice and easy inventory management, no more grid hell like in previous games in the series that I've played.

- Character creation mostly seems about right. Enough room to feel ownership of the characters, while not being an opaque spreadsheet. The stats and skills are simple enough to understand immediately.

- Straightforward combat mechanics, no messing around with initiative systems or anything like that. Minor quibble though, I get a bit disoriented about who's move it is on the first turn of every combat. Since all your characters get to move before the enemy anyway, may as well have hardcoded the leftmost character to be the initially selected one.

Dislikes:

- Poison. Oh god, poison. I'm happy with the concept of poison being a genuinely dangerous thing, instead of like in most games where all it does it turn your health bar green for a few seconds. But when a dose of poison means you can barely walk from the inn at full health to make it to the temple to get cured without dying again on the way, it feels way too harsh. (For those who haven't played, poison 'ticks' every single step you take, and can take around 10% of your health each time)

- The grid based movement, while playing quite well in dungeons and in combat in general, feels unnecessarily restrictive in town. I wouldn't have minded a dual-mode movement system here that relaxed the rules out of combat zones.

- Two portraits per race/gender combination is just sad, considering there were quite a few more options in prior games.

- The Ubisoft rebooted MM universe. Admittedly though it's out of total unfamiliarity with it - I haven't played any other MM games post-Ubi acquisition.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Finished Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.  Pretty good game.  The combat was fun, and the story was actually pretty good.  I probably would have understood more of it had I played the previous Metal Gear games in the series before.

Maybe about mechs and Raiden, nothing else.

Did you play through Samuel's chapter as well? Or other DLC?

1.13 killed off Ja2.