RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

RPGWatch received a couple of Steam keys for Blackguard Early Access Whatever Edition, and they're giving them out via lottery. All you need to do is write an answer to the following question:

"Why is turn-based combat better than real-time combat?"

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22696

The answers will not be considered, the drawings will be random. They're there to amuse ourselves/troll others. :dancing:

• Like 1

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

I put that down to my influence. I say that RPGWatch is too bland and has too little conflict and next day they have a competition designed for trolling- plus the prize is steam only so they're trolling me as well. Well done, 'Watch, well done.

Next competition: "What is the definition of an RPG?". Make it so!

Thought the Age of Decadence sales figures were quite interesting.

So far, we sold 3,332 copies on Steam and 1,929 copies via our own site and GamersGate, generating $141,780. As always, we want to thank you for your support, patronage, and most importantly, for your faith in our ability to make a game worth playing.

Not often you get detailed figures, especially from steam.

Militaries get good graphics!  Well I assume anyone can pony up the $3,000 or so.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Having a poke at AC: Revelations.  Stirring up a few memories of when I visited Istanbul some years ago , at least a few of the notable pieces of architecture.

Having minor bouts of irritation with it, especially the stupid "checkpoints" that don't actually really count as anything. Missions that have 5 minutes of really piss-easy things to do, and then have a slightly complex/difficult thing..  so if you screw that up, you have to restart the whole freaking mission and go through 5 minutes of easy stuff yet again...

Edit: Hm ,and I have no idea whey I posted this in Random Games news rather then What are you playing..  I am juggling too many things and need more sleep...

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well I assume anyone can pony up the $3,000 or so.

How much for just the lens flare?

Very nice, but... show me a high quality ocean surf simulation and then I'll be impressed. :)

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Well I assume anyone can pony up the $3,000 or so.

How much for just the lens flare?

Very nice, but... show me a high quality ocean surf simulation and then I'll be impressed. :)

Your prayers have been answered!

(video was flagged by YouTube for copyright infringement - for real)

• Like 3

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Files Class Action Suit against Electronic Arts, Inc.

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP (“Robbins Geller”) (http://www.rgrdlaw.com/cases/electronicartsinc/) today announced that a class action has been commenced in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California on behalf of purchasers of Electronic Arts, Inc. (“Electronic Arts,” “EA” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ:EA) common stock during the period between July 24, 2013 and December 4, 2013 (the “Class Period”).

The complaint alleges that during the Class Period, defendants issued materially false and misleading statements highlighting the purported strength of the Company’s rollout of version 4 of its all-important Battlefield video game series, which had provided approximately 11% of its revenues in fiscal 2012. Based on the purported strength of the Battlefield 4 rollout then underway, defendants issued strong fiscal 2014 financial guidance for the Company and actually increased that guidance on October 29, 2013. The price of Electronic Arts’ stock steadily climbed on these statements, reaching a Class Period high of $28.13 per share by August 23, 2013 and allowing certain of Electronic Arts’ senior executives to sell their Electronic Arts stock at artificially inflated prices.

MzpydUh.gif

Kingdom Come: Deliverance coming to PC & nex-gen consoles in 2015

We first covered this as a project over a year ago, but today Czech studio Warhorse is officially unveiling a very different kind of RPG: Kingdom Come: Deliverance.P

Due on PC and "next-gen consoles" in 2015, it's been built on Crytek's CryEngine 3. What's making it stand out is that it's an open-world RPG that's set in an actual historical period. Taking place in the Holy Roman Empire during the last days of the middle ages, there's no magic, no monsters, no dragons, no enchanted weapons, none of the trappings you normally expect from an RPG featuring knights and castles. P

Next-Gen RPG Has No Monsters, Magic Or Minotaurs
SEXPAND
There's just the real world. Which back then was a fairly nasty place, even without the assistance of demon spawn and dark powers. 2P

Warhorse say it'll feature a "nonlinear story" and "revolutionary, first-person melee combat", which I'll assume means they think it'll just work. Here's some press release fluff that adds a little more:P

As players traverse expansive, strikingly detailed locales, they'll grapple with a range of period- accurate fighting techniques, horseback combat, open-field sieges, and large-scale battles, all

while developing relationships and a reputation that will inform the greater story. Kingdom

Come: Deliverance promises no magic, high fantasy or mythical overtones - it draws its

inspiration instead from historically authentic characters, themes, and warfare.P
Next-Gen RPG Has No Monsters, Magic Or Minotaurs
SEXPAND
The Czech studio is made up of people who have worked on games like Crysis, ArmA and Mafia, so who knows, they might actually be able to pull it all off. And even if they can't, an ambitious open-world European RPG with an obsession over history still sounds like something worth keeping an eye on.
ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

So, Mount & Blade with purrrrdy graphics and an actual story?  Yes, please.
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Sounds good on paper.

Yes it does.  Who knows if it will actually deliver.

I just realized that when I copy & pasted the article from Kotaku, it copied "SEXPAND" where the images were in the article.  :lol:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Squeal like a pig, RPG.

The name is awful; what is it with these names that people can not come up with something with at least a hint of originality and intrigue. Kindoms of Amalur: Reckoning; Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore; Kingdom come: Deliverance... Holy ****...

Of the game I can't say whether interested or not. Wait'n see I guess.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Squeal like a pig, RPG.

The name is awful; what is it with these names that people can not come up with something with at least a hint of originality and intrigue. Kindoms of Amalur: Reckoning; Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore; Kingdom come: Deliverance... Holy ****...

Of the game I can't say whether interested or not. Wait'n see I guess.

Apparently now is an entire Kingdom that Comes.

As for the game itself I think it's interesting but I will not get it as I vowed to myself that I wouldn't if the horse lifted a leg off the ground. It lifted both.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

When I heard that name, I had hoped it was going to be a game based on my favorite comic story.

But alas, only a hope. Probably wouldn't even make a good game.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The game was also refused classification because it featured a "very high in impact" interactive scene set in an abortion clinic, which involved controlling a wire and a vacuum device on a female NPC.

Ehhehe... :lol:

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Sounds like a tryhard copy of witcher by another slavic (need I say more?) studio. Withcer already being a boring ****.

Edgy. What exactly is your problem with Slavs?

He probably watched some of our movies for adults, and when coming here for visit, his expectations did not get fulfilled...

After coming back home, he started to act negative like this...

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It's Saints Row 4 anal probing all over again.  Oh Australia, keep being Australia so the rest of the world can point their finger and laugh at you.  (Though outside of wacky censorship laws, I hear Australia is pretty freakin' cool)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸