RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

I'll be disappointed if the rest of the world gets an Aussied version of the game. The described scene is definitely depraved, but that's exactly what makes South Park South Park; the "what in heavens name is going on here" stuff.

Edited by Undecaf
  • Like 1

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I'll be disappointed if the rest of the world gets an Aussied version of the game. The described scene is definitely depraved, but that's exactly what makes South Park South Park; the "what in heavens name is going on here" stuff.

It's true,  South Park is very much about pushing the boundaries of good taste, or any kind of taste for that matter.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, am glad I'm skipping that game then.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sounds like a tryhard copy of witcher by another slavic (need I say more?) studio. Withcer already being a boring ****.

Edgy. What exactly is your problem with Slavs?

Bester must be European. Everybody there hates somebody... :p

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Geez, I've got a pretty high tolerance for messed up stuff, but the description of that abortion clinic scene made me cringe.   >_<

I was about to say that it's probably not as bad as it sounds but remembering some of the things they've done in the show it might actually be worse.

Geez, I've got a pretty high tolerance for messed up stuff, but the description of that abortion clinic scene made me cringe.   >_<

Yeah, but you have to choice not to tolerate it and not buying it. Members of the koala nation have some beaurocrats deciding it for them. Poor schmucks.

• Like 4

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/dreamfall-chapters-friar-s-keep-gameplay-walkthrou/2300-6416680/

25 minutes of Dreamfall Chapters.  Apparently they're bringing social networking into the SP.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/dreamfall-chapters-friar-s-keep-gameplay-walkthrou/2300-6416680/

25 minutes of Dreamfall Chapters.  Apparently they're bringing social networking into the SP.

Ugh.  The dreaded conversation wheel.  Thanks a ****ing lot, BioWare.  :p

Not a fan of the whole social stuff, but I could just ignore it easily enough, the same way I ignore all social networking now.  Looks pretty decent otherwise.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah, but you have to choice not to tolerate it and not buying it. Members of the koala nation have some beaurocrats deciding it for them. Poor schmucks.

So I get that, but I think I might prefer the crying koala, because there are other elements of the game that interest me.  

You'll be pretty safe, I'd have thought. The other ratings boards got it same time as the Aussie one and passed it as ok, iirc.

We, on the other hand, frequently get lumped in with our puritanical trans tasman brethren and end up with no reward nookie in TWitcher2, no strippers in Duke3d and a host of other stuff historic and recent. Once Australia finally accepts the clear logic of accepting our standing offer to join us as the West Island it'll be fixed.

They broadcast the show uncensored, which just proves the issue lies with video games specifically.

Originally they had no adult-level rating, so games with adult content had to be censored to fit into the teen level rating. They introduced the R18+ rating so they could allow adult content in their games... and promptly refused to give it to games with adult content unless they censored it.

Have fun with that logic.

This'll be an interesting test of mettle. GOG's censored version of The Witcher 2 could be bypassed by simply going to your GOG user profile and setting your location to any other country. Steam locked down SR4 by switching to the censored version by geolocation, and would switch your version on the fly, so even if you were a tourist visiting Australia and just happened to log into the Steam client while here, no alien drugs for you. UPlay? Your move.

That said, it sounds like this is one game where Australians might be asked by some overseas friends to provide gift copies for....

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2013/12/18/ea-hit-class-action-lawsuit-battlefield-4/ Let this serve as an example that any further company that tries to shell out a shoddy product in a rushed manner for the sake of money will have serious consequences. 

Take your time on your god damn games. 

Seems like EA might come on the losing side of this unless they can come up with a good defense, eg: "the singleplayer mode works"

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Hopefully Alvane will be less of a block of wood this time around.

I read that as Avellone.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2013/12/18/ea-hit-class-action-lawsuit-battlefield-4/ Let this serve as an example that any further company that tries to shell out a shoddy product in a rushed manner for the sake of money will have serious consequences. 

Take your time on your god damn games.

Seems like EA might come on the losing side of this unless they can come up with a good defense, eg: "the singleplayer mode works"

The lawsuit is on behalf of stockholders (I'm surprised to see some people here so concerned about EA's stockholders).

Gamers still lose with this lawsuit regardless, because it's using EA/DICE saying "We're stopping work on other stuff to make sure these issues all get ironed out" as a confession that the game was knowingly released in an unfinished state, but was being spoken up in order to inflate stock prices by which EA's executive committee was able to benefit from by selling their own stock at an inflated price.

They cite the stock's dwindling performance as evidence of its over inflation, culminating in a large drop when EA/DICE stated they were focusing on the issues. Note that the class suit ends at the drop the day of that announcement, but that the market self-corrected any binge selling within 24 hours.

I'm curious because to me it'd seem as though the plaintiff would need to examine what would cause stock prices to change. For example, in light of this news, EA's stock predictably... went up? It's actually up 6.71% since the announcement, because stock markets basically behave erratically in the short term.

This isn't a lawsuit on behalf of gamers though. It's a lawsuit on behalf of stockholders.

I'm curious who the lead plaintiff would be.

EA's stock is 99% owned by financial corporations and placed into things like RRSP mutual funds and so forth. Part of me has a hard time believing any of them would be a part of a class suit like this (I don't even know if a company can join a class action suit), but I could be wrong?

Well I have now lost all my optimism regarding the legal system...**** them rich folk!

Next thing you know you'll be pirating games for the sake of communism. Stop this at once! If it were't for rich people, there wouldn't be any order, progress and civilization! Rich people care about you, they pay you their money, etc.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link