The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2014]

Rosbjerg

I don't actually know much of anything of the wider backstory, I just want dead kings as per the game's title. :p I mean I don't see why Geralt should even be aligned with or against any of the kingdoms, though this is probably explained somewhere.

But yeah, presuming a faithful import, I'll will with absolute certainty take my Roche path save into the sequel. I know it's probably the less popular path through the game, and less "optimal" (fewer quests, less final XP, fewer plot reveals), I think I prefer how it develops more. And naturally it has the highest casualty count, three dead kings, dead Letho, dead Sile, dead dragon. Would have been perfect with dead Radovid and dead Philippa as well.

Maybe I've been playing too much Privateer, but I'm feeling my Geralt ought to be Brownhair incarnate.

You actually keep saves 3-4 years between games. Impressive. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I, uh, have some save games I made in the late 90s. And looking back earlier than that, the early MPS games such as Civilization and Railroad Tycoon actually had restrictions on how many save slots you could make per disk, but let you specify the disk, so I have a bunch of 3.5" floppies with early 90s saves on them somewhere.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The plague spreads, there is no cure and no one is immune, it is time to dispatch Inquisitor Monte Carlo to purge and scourge the promancers.

Nonek faced with all this empirical evidence I am hoping that you and others come to an inescapable conclusion

" The great avalanche of Romance in RPG is upon us, let us embrace it with open arms "

:wowey:

It is only in opposing the impossible that humanity may advance into enlightenment. Fight for what is right, even if there is no chance of victory.

@Malcador & Bruce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Ju8WVY2a4

I would buy a game about Dandelion.

Back then I actually thought about making a small total conversion mod in that style, but figured that my writing skills are just way too bad to make it a good game. It's Dandelion after all, which means the game would need more talking than fighting and the talking needs to have above average writing. Also some sort of thriller storyline needs to be thought out, with twists and interesting characters and such... And truth is, I just suck at all of this. What a shame.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I would buy a game about Dandelion.

Back then I actually thought about making a small total conversion mod in that style, but figured that my writing skills are just way too bad to make it a good game. It's Dandelion after all, which means the game would need more talking than fighting and the talking needs to have above average writing. Also some sort of thriller storyline needs to be thought out, with twists and interesting characters and such... And truth is, I just suck at all of this. What a shame.

So it would basically would play like a middle-dark-ages version of... Face-Man's A-Team adventures... wheeling and dealing for a cause, and always makes time for the damsels in distress, duress, or states of undress.

I could see that as working well, and could include cameos from Zoltan, Triss or Geralt himself. Perhaps under an overarching [voice over] narrative by Dandelion.

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 3

Nope, I'd buy it on release anyway. So why not already preorder already right now? This way I'll feel like I paid no money for it when it comes in 9 months. :>

And actually I feel a lot like replaying Witcher 2 now. Damn.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Don't preorder people, makes for worse games. 

Most of the time I'd agree. This time I think it's good to support a company that does less douchey things than most. and I can't be bothered to wait for the inevitable enhanced version. :(

Edited by licketysplit
  • Like 1

Well yes and no, by waiting you get a cheaper and more polished game and extra content all in one go. With new releases you get to experience the thing while it's new and before people talk your ear off about the ins and outs of the new game mechanics and spoil things like the "A man chooses" part of Bioshock which really, really annoyed me since it's one of the big payoff moments in the game. There are pros and cons to both but definitely swatting publishers for throwing in tacky pre-order DLC iteams that break the game (which can be a downside of game of the year editions by the way since they tend to include all of that crap)  or things like Shale where a large swathe of the audience can't access that part of the game for the first few weeks need to be addressed. On the whole I like getting things right away though, and keep in mind if everyone did wait for the enhanced editions then we'd all have to settle for sequels with lower budgets or perhaps no sequels at all because everyone bought the original at discount well after the whole metacritic rating and first month sales gluttony resulting in the series making less money for investors. 

Edited by Serrano

Smartest thing to do is wait a year for the enhanced edition.

Shame we can't preorder that.  I'll consider pre-ordering but might blow some cash on the CE. I do need sculptures.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On the Witcher forums some are already calling for Ciri to be bone-able. Never mind the fact that she's Geralt's adoptive daughter...  :x

cover+5.png

Even though I consider myself moderate bromancer, I must admit, they've "passed the point of no return".

• Like 4

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones." - Ross Scott

It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care.

have you guys played witcher 2? if yes you may remember that all DLC and the EE were free (for pc at least)

of course the initial version of the game was so hard, dark souls couldnt hold a candle to it but they fixed the difficulty later, and i actually liked that difficulty where i had to use every trick in the book to win and really master the controls and the combat system to get by. my brother played it in the EE version much later and he just button mashed his way through most encounters

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Don't preorder people, makes for worse games. 

In general I agree, I usually wait a month before purchase until the BEST GAME EVAH reviews have died down and the truth emerges, however with CDPR i'm quietly confident. Their last two games very much catered to my own particular tastes, with obviously some exceptions, and more importantly the games were improved and enhanced based on player feedback for free, along with the free DLC. Thus I am giving the developer a little support in the same manner as helping Obsidian with their Kickstarter, as they have so far earned that in my eyes. If that proves to be untrue then I shall exercise a little more Caveat Emptor in the future, but until then I shall take the first step on the road to disappointment.

This is how I justify it in my own head anyway. I would of course not pre-order a sequel to a poor game, as then I would just be a blinkered fanboy who was exercising wishful thinking, and wished to be fooled twice.

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Yeah, I agree not pre-ordering is generally, as a rule of thumb, the correct course of action.  I will, however, make an exception for CDPR as they have yet to do me wrong and their business practices have been far more palatable than the competition.  They have always supported their games for months, neigh, years beyond the initial release, and have given away every piece of DLC for free to their customers, even DLC so robust it could borderline be called an expansion pack.  Like their games or not, and I very much like their games, they treat their customers right and have earned some good will.

Of course, I fully respect and support those that choose not to pre-order a CDPR game.  It's their choice and ultimately a wise move.  I choose to pre-order because I trust CDPR and want to show my support and because I am confident they won't burn me.  Of course there was a time when I also thought this way of a different company...  But I digress.

In other news, The Witcher 3 has been confirmed for SteamOS, and, by proxy, for Linux.  Nothing has been said regarding the GOG version supporting Linux, but considering GOG has already previously said thet they will be supporting Linux in the vague chunk of time known as the future and the fact that a Linux version of the game will be released, it only makes sense that the GOG version will have a Linux build too. 

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On the Witcher forums some are already calling for Ciri to be bone-able. Never mind the fact that she's Geralt's adoptive daughter...  :x

cover+5.png

Even though I consider myself moderate bromancer, I must admit, they've "passed the point of no return".

That is nothing compared to the "We want sex" posts I've seen.

" The great avalanche of Romance in RPG is upon us, let us embrace it with open arms "

:wowey:

And so it starts. Promancers are coming.

• Like 1
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Oh yeah, while I'm glad I'm going to see Wasteland 2, this is off the charts to the point that I want to have an outburst like a petulent child, screaming for it to be given to me "RIGHT NOW!". :)

I read that in a Veruca Salt voice.  :biggrin:

Oh, you're a good one! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Gryphon Hunting Gameplay

I wonder if it's possible to save the guy getting attacked by the thugs?  Also, I'm assuming you have the option to get some sexy time with the attractive lady (witch? herbalist?) later on.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Inventory system looks less messy, that's good. Less rolling, too.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Inventory system looks less messy, that's good.

I also noticed that he switched signs without bringing up a radial menu, or any kind of menu, for that matter.  Obviously, also a plus.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸