The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2014]

Rosbjerg

I'll get the digital edition from GOG unless they put out a collector's edition with a Triss Merigold body pillow.  :brows:

Freak.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'll get the digital edition from GOG unless they put out a collector's edition with a Triss Merigold body pillow.  :brows:

Trish Merigold..."sigh"

That's a definite :wub:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

In case someone missed this:

The CDPR&GOG "summer conference" is about to air in 20 minutes:

http://www.gog.com/news/cd_projekt_red_gogcom_summer_conference

Promises new Witcher 3 footage among other things.

• Like 1

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

• Like 7

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wonder what goodies will be in the collector's edition. Maybe a dinky Witcher's medallion ?

Well, medallion is in indeed. You buying it? :D

I'm going digital on gog.com

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Sure, just need to find something to do with that sculpture thing.  GOG making their own stand alone client too, hm.,

Edited by Malcador

Man, after watching that trailer.  It almost makes me hesitate and lower my expectations, because it can't be "that" good could it?  I know it's CD Projeckt, but honestly, Witcher 2 was fun and looked superb before release, but even that game had some glaring problems.  I'll just keep my fingers crossed for this one.

Wowzers, that trailer is one of the best trailers I've ever seen in my life :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wonder what goodies will be in the collector's edition. Maybe a dinky Witcher's medallion ?

Well, medallion is in indeed. You buying it? :D

I'm going digital on gog.com

So no Triss Merigold body pillow?

PBTableFlip.gif

:wowey:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

All aboard!

HypeTrain.jpg

Meh, looks good, but so did the previous game. Until I see some actual info on how it will *play* I'm not getting excited, after all, I still need to finish part 2, which I put aside shortly after launch due to the terrible controls and UI.

One must admit that pushed the right buttons personally and I think i'll indulge in a pre - order, I was over all very satisfied with Assassins of Kings and with a mouse and keyboard UI being implemented (instead of the barely disguised console abomination) i'm hopeful for better controls. The combat had a few flaws but was mostly satisfactory, though personally i'd have preferred a turn based system to simulate Geralt's speed, or simply go the whole hog and copy Severance to the full rather than the semi action system they had. The plot, narrative, setting and characterisation were all more than satisfactory, though there were a few things stripped from the first game that were obviously troublesome, and personally i'd like to see certain areas reflecting the Slavic Folk feel of Murky Waters.

Edit: Nice to see the other gentlemen of Kaer Morhen, however Yen's face seemed too soft, not shrewd enough.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

As promised, Charles Dance (of Tywin Lannister fame lately) does the Nilfgaardian emperor's VO. Yup, he's still shiveringly good.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

At the :32 second mark, is that Letho on the right of the screen behind the Wolf school Witcher's? Is Emhyr enthroned in Vizima's throneroom from the first game? The raven taking the Nilfgaardian's eye at the end, is it Philippa the mistress of shapeshifting, or maybe even Borch Three Jackdaw's? The trailer keeps giving.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I know nobody else who has roided up arms like that. The other witchers from the first game will play an significant part in 3, that much we know from trailers and the secret letter in the newest one, so if Letho will reappear...

fry-futurama-foaming-mouth-want-foam-135

My favorite foil in an RPG since Delita!

• Like 3

Edit: Nice to see the other gentlemen of Kaer Morhen, however Yen's face seemed too soft, not shrewd enough.

Really, really looking forward to Yennifer's biting sarcasm, her parts in the books were always a highlight. 

• Like 1

Only one real problem with Letho for myself, and that was the forced outcome of the melee under the Elven Baths, apart from that I agree that he was fairly much a perfect foil for Geralt. Perhaps purposely so?

Edit: I admit i'm somewhat worried about Yen's voice actress, she needs bite and class, the polar opposite of Triss hopefully.

Edited by Nonek

Tea for the teapot!