The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2014]

Rosbjerg

I would agree that the North was in the process of a long defeat, they took no advantage of their victory at Brenna, only Radovid sought to secure his power base and defeat the regicide who usurped his fathers throne after killing him. Foltest, Henselt and Demavend should have been doing the same instead of pursuing pointless wars amongst themselves and personal matters. Though I think Demavend may have had a little aid from the Lodge in his regression from the smartest ruler in the north to an alcoholic idler, it was definitely a departure from the books. The hidden hand of Enid in Dol Blathanna perhaps?

My Geralt couldn't judge Letho for assassinating potentates for Emhyr as he'd just slain Jacque's for Foltest, and eight thousand Orens. He did blame himself for failing Foltest when he'd agreed to act as his bodyguard following the assassination attempt by the Viper at the end of Witcher 1, and saw to it that Anais took the throne of Temeria with Roche and Natalis at her side. He was not going to fail another child. After that he bid good riddance to the mire of politics and hopefully will fly free like the ladybird, pursuing Yen and personal matters.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

He needed us to cover for him for one king and missed another altogether, clearly incompetent.

Naah, he didn't need Geralt for anything, he was just collateral damage, in fact it kinda bit him in the rear.

He did maybe overestimate Serrit and Auckes' abilities, but it was necessary for him to get to Loc Muinne in time. 2 kings were already dead and so he hedged his bets

Was talking about the fat king, who I will take to be canonically dead in my game if at all possible. Would've been great to go four out of four!

You want Radovid the Stern dead too?  If anyone is going to save the Northern Kingdoms from becoming provinces of the Nilfgaardian Empire, it will be him.  He's far and away the most overall competent to rule and stand up to Nilfgaard of those still alive or now dead. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Fat king was Henselt, no ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Fat king was Henselt, no ?

I'm pretty sure that's who Humanoid was talking about.  In my Roche path playthroughs I killed him, err, let Roche kill him.  My canon playthrough is a Iorveth path playthrough, though, so he lives.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I think I let Roche kill him, because he was mad and well..he's Roche.  Can't deny some badass that performs dynamic entry from above on a suspension bridge his vengeance.  Killed Letho too on that run.  On the Iorveth path he does save Triss for you, so that is a plus towards keeping him alive.

Looks like Nilfgaard takes over Temeria though.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't actually know much of anything of the wider backstory, I just want dead kings as per the game's title. :p I mean I don't see why Geralt should even be aligned with or against any of the kingdoms, though this is probably explained somewhere.

But yeah, presuming a faithful import, I'll will with absolute certainty take my Roche path save into the sequel. I know it's probably the less popular path through the game, and less "optimal" (fewer quests, less final XP, fewer plot reveals), I think I prefer how it develops more. And naturally it has the highest casualty count, three dead kings, dead Letho, dead Sile, dead dragon. Would have been perfect with dead Radovid and dead Philippa as well.

Maybe I've been playing too much Privateer, but I'm feeling my Geralt ought to be Brownhair incarnate.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Humanoid is taking the everyone must die approach.  I take it you killed Aryan La Valette as well?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Hard not to kill someone named "Aryan". Not to mention if he lives there are no baroness b00bies.

That is a pretty compelling reason to kill the guy.  Still, the game has no shortage of bare breasts, so I can go without seeing one set of them to spare what seems like a pretty stand up guy, in my canon playthrough, anyway.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I can't even remember how that encounter goes, save that I did run him through. I don't think there's even an option to spare him after you fight?

No there isn't.  If you fight he dies (it is a fight to the death, after all).  You spare him by talking him out of the fight and convincing him and his men to drop their weapons.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Carrying Aryan through the dungeons later (if you spare him) also confers the strong back perk, allowing one to carry an extra fifty pounds of weight.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Carrying Aryan through the dungeons later (if you spare him) also confers the strong back perk, allowing one to carry an extra fifty pounds of weight.

i and was wondering why in my second playthrough that i spared him i could carry 250 when i clearly remembered that in the first it was 200. i thought it was a change from the enhanced edition

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Is it done yet? :<

I want it now, and I want it bad.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Is it done yet? :<

I want it now, and I want it bad.

Yeah, at the moment this is my most anticipated game for the next 12 months, its ahead of both PoE and DA:I :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oh yeah, while I'm glad I'm going to see Wasteland 2, this is off the charts to the point that I want to have an outburst like a petulent child, screaming for it to be given to me "RIGHT NOW!". :)

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

The plague spreads, there is no cure and no one is immune, it is time to dispatch Inquisitor Monte Carlo to purge and scourge the promancers.

Edited by Nonek

Tea for the teapot!

The plague spreads, there is no cure and no one is immune, it is time to dispatch Inquisitor Monte Carlo to purge and scourge the promancers.

Nonek faced with all this empirical evidence I am hoping that you and others come to an inescapable conclusion

" The great avalanche of Romance in RPG is upon us, let us embrace it with open arms "

:wowey:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oh yeah, while I'm glad I'm going to see Wasteland 2, this is off the charts to the point that I want to have an outburst like a petulent child, screaming for it to be given to me "RIGHT NOW!". :)

I read that in a Veruca Salt voice.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

CDPR just needs to make a Dandelion game to exploit their perversion for profit.

• Like 4

Nonek faced with all this empirical evidence I am hoping that you and others come to an inescapable conclusion

" The great avalanche of Romance in RPG is upon us, let us embrace it with open arms "

:wowey:

It is only in opposing the impossible that humanity may advance into enlightenment. Fight for what is right, even if there is no chance of victory.

@Malcador & Bruce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Ju8WVY2a4

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 4

Tea for the teapot!