The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2014]

Rosbjerg

He sounds very different when he's not being Geralt.  I suppose I should have expected that, but it still caught me off guard a bit.  :p

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I never realised that Geralt's voice actor was the chaplain in Band of Brothers, the man has range.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Guest Slinky

Yeah keeps looking really good. And sounding, loving the music.

But why they keep changing Geralt's face in every game? It the same character, just pick a face and stick with it.

Edited by Slinky

The combat still looks scetchy to me. Sort of messy and almost directionless. Rolling is replaced normal movement, so I guess that's something, but the functionality still seems almost identical to Witcher 2. I dunno... I guess I was hoping something a bit more slowpaced and weighty than that.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

It´s good that they end the franchise with this massive creation of a game! The witcher 1 had it right (still the most authentic game in history for me), version 2 was enourmous and EPIC and this one here cant be topped by anything else. The design is so inspiring and beautifull, the lore is raw and honest and gameplay if not totaly screwed up will be an amazing experience!

Edited by NWN_babaYaga
  • Like 1

I think I may replay the other two Witchers before I pick this up. Any mods I should use?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

FCR for Witcher 1 is excellent. I was less impressed by FCR2 but some people loved it. I used the infinite weight mod, FOV slider, high res texture pack, return of the White Wolf, skip intro and a couple of mods that improved the font size. There's around 8-10 mods that I considered necessary. Just hit the top mods list at Nexus.

Those witch designs are sick in the best sense of the word.

No, really, "has an insect hive-looking... thing in place of one eye" and "small child legs sewn on her robe" are ideas I'm totally stealing next time my players encounter a hag in tabletop.

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Heads up.  The Witcher 3 design documents were stolen and leaked on 4chan and reddit.  According to reports they include massive spoilers on the game, revealing key details about the game's story including plot details and game endings so be forewarned.  

Apparently the documents also include references to a sequel to TW3. 

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 2

Guest Slinky

Well that's just great, I hope CDPR won't soil themselves and and push the game way pack to change the storyline.

I also recommend forced chemical castration for anyone who spoils anything here without using spoiler tags.

Heads up.  The Witcher 3 design documents were stolen and leaked on 4chan and reddit.  According to reports they include massive spoilers on the game, revealing key details about the game's story including plot details and game endings so be forewarned.  

I saw this, but the way I see if people are stupid enough to ruin the story for themselves before the game has been released then let them. I won't be doing it so everything will be exciting for me

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But thats not news, no? Stuff was leaked already some time back. Nobody seemd to really care, though.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."