The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2014]

Rosbjerg

Apparently some insider on NeoGAF.

it looks like many gaffers are painting CDP as some magical dev studio with only the best of interests of the gamers in mind. Trust me they are not. The bull****ting with the Witcher 3 started from day 1. PR is creating an overblown vision of a game that doesn't exist while the team is in crazy crunch time for over a year now. There's some bad **** going on that if GAF knew GAF would not like.

Well in the end it's my words vs CDP PR. I mean why should You belive my if I have no solid evidence to show? But that's kind of my point, CDP build a very good realationship with gamers and now it's paying off as oppose to say EA. I do have inside knowledge, I did have contact with the game but again NDA and such plus I'm just a dude on the internet. my only point is that GAF should take everything CDP says with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Just to some up my messy line of thinking - don't preorder tha game (especially on consols) wait for the reviews, then decide or don't pay attention to a random dude on the internet and do what you want with your money.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=905447&page=7

Probably a bunch of nothing.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Guest Slinky

Hehe, would guess the guy is an ex employee or has some other reason to be bitter, might have had a few beers too with all the typos.

But who knows, he might be right too, The Witcher 2 wasn't nearly as good as one could have expected from all the fuss.

Hmmm there seems to be a lot of people with an axe to grind against CDPR for whatever reason, but an open world game is a vast departure from their previous works, so a little caution might be warranted. I'm not sure personally, I may well wait and see, though having been more than satisfied with their previous two releases a pre-order seems a fairly safe bet.

And this might just be the work of one of the SJF's whom are repeating the inane mantra that the game is "made of rape."

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Eh, even if true, who knows to which degree. Crunch and overpromising are staples of the industry, or so it seems. Thought we had a CDPR guy here, as well, but I assume he'd be too busy working :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Action rpg, fine narrative, poor controls. Good choice and consequence, too many cutscenes. Graphically very nice, not as detailed or interactive an experience as Monster Hunter. Some of the finest art design in the industry, limited to a single protagonist whom is not everyones cup of tea.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

And boob cards.

• Like 1

it looks like many gaffers are painting CDP as some magical dev studio with only the best of interests of the gamers in mind. Trust me they are not. The bull****ting with the Witcher 3 started from day 1. PR is creating an overblown vision of a game that doesn't exist while the team is in crazy crunch time for over a year now. There's some bad **** going on that if GAF knew GAF would not like.

Well in the end it's my words vs CDP PR. I mean why should You belive my if I have no solid evidence to show? But that's kind of my point, CDP build a very good realationship with gamers and now it's paying off as oppose to say EA. I do have inside knowledge, I did have contact with the game but again NDA and such plus I'm just a dude on the internet. my only point is that GAF should take everything CDP says with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Just to some up my messy line of thinking - don't preorder tha game (especially on consols) wait for the reviews, then decide or don't pay attention to a random dude on the internet and do what you want with your money.

Tbh, it should be kinda obvious that most of the promises that are being made do sound too good to be true. Lots of that stuff is generic pr talk too. Heard it all already with games like Skyrim or Gothic 3 or hell, even Witcher 2. Can't remember a game that has so much freedom as the Witcher 3 pr talk is making it look like. Same actually with MGS5- I am 100% certain that it won't offer the amount of freedom that is promised.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Tbh, it should be kinda obvious that most of the promises that are being made do sound too good to be true. Lots of that stuff is generic pr talk too. Heard it all already with games like Skyrim or Gothic 3 or hell, even Witcher 2. Can't remember a game that has so much freedom as the Witcher 3 pr talk is making it look like. Same actually with MGS5- I am 100% certain that it won't offer the amount of freedom that is promised.

Well, they did deliver on their promise with Witcher 2 and then some. It was a bold game for the time, with writing and graphics that pissed on other modern RPGs. That's why people are so hyped for Witcher 3. There's a crapton of generic PR talk I'll Agree with that. I for one don't doubt the degree of freedom, both games were basically mini open worlds with all the trappings. They know sandbox design. I worry a bit on the technical side, whether they can keep it bug free and the PC version soundly rooted in mouse and keyboard functionality. I hope consoles don't affect native res on PC either. These latest screens don't inspire confidence on that front. 

• 3 weeks later...

Nice.  We got a Yennefer trailer with bonus Vesemir.  :dancing:

In a related story, CD Project RED are still the Heavyweight Trailer Champions of the World.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Not as artistically striking as Letho's introductory video, but a good introduction for Yen and Geralt's tracking of her I suppose. Is the chap she bumps into one of the Nilfgaardians from the Killing Monsters trailer?

• Like 1

Tea for the teapot!

Meh. I want to see more Ciri.

Ciri's dead, Jim.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

qsJMjms.gif

Witcher 3: From Misogyny to Misozoony

CDPR does My Little Pony?

• Like 1

Tea for the teapot!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Like 1

Tea for the teapot!

This sort of thing has been standard operating procedure for CDPR for as long as they've put out games.  Pretty sad that they are one of the very few exceptions to the norm in this regard these days.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, that's nice I suppose.

Why don't they just include them in the base game? Why are they chopping bits out to then just give them away? Typical CDPR. At least when other companies do it has the purpose of making money, CDPR cuts bit out just to get good PR. And their continuous patching and support, horrendous, all just so they can sell the enhanced edition, super enhanced edition, ultimate edition and really ultimate edition later, and it shows they didn't test thr original game properly as well yet people lap it up. Why do people fall for their nonsense?

I'm rather surprised how many wholly unironic comments like that I've actually seen, people just love complaining...

• Like 2