What are you playing now?

I finished Deus Ex: HR and it was fun. Not a bad game at all even if a bit bland. Still, it did a lot of things right and maanged to stay close enough to the Deus Ex formula.

Boss battles and the final level were the only bits that were rubbish.

And those were the two parts they either outsourced or ran out of time doing themselves. The team has great promise.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Also, I'm finding the combat design is kind of silly. One on one (or even two on one), there isn't a single enemy I find challenging. Even the "boss fights" are a piece of cake. It seems the designers decided that the only challenging combat is when they put your one or two characters up against a group of 8 or so enemies, a few of which have bows/crossbows that they just keep at you with from across the room.

I really hate when games are designed like that. Combat shouldn't only be difficult because you're up against a hundred soldiers who are, on their own, quite easy to kill, but the sheer numbers of them and the fact they're constantly shooting at you/hitting you while you have to go through killing each and every one. I shouldn't have more problems defeating a horde of "redshirts" than I do defeating the big, bad boss man.

The fight I gave up on is a perfect example of this. All through the game one bad guy has been hyped up and made to be so uber-awesome. But finally, after 30 hours of tracking him down, I mowed through him in no time, barely losing any health along the way. Yet immediately after that climactic encounter, I'm faced with taking on a group of about 8 guards, 4 of which have long range weapons. So I keep getting killed because of the sheer numbers I'm facing, even though individually it takes way less damage to kill them than the boss fight.

Maybe it's due to your build. Aren't there some defensive builds that are less efficient on one on one fights but better against groups ?

Edit : All in all, I'm more interested on how you find the storytelling than the combat. I never really like combats in games.

That quite possibly could be the case. You get to choose from three different classes to play for each of the two characters (Alester and Mors). In any case, it's frustrating that I can cake walk through the supposed big boss fights, but then get my ass handed to me against lesser enemies just because they're in greater numbers.

The story itself is pretty good. If anything, it's the main strength of the game and the only thing that kept me playing. There are some interesting twists and turns along the way, plus if you've read the books, it gives some good references to events that take place in the first book.

I didn't much like the combat (it's very KOTOR-ish, but IMO, a bit more of a chore because certain special attacks require a ridiculous amount of energy), and the quests weren't really plentiful. Though they were pretty good, story-wise. There's also a lot of trekking about cities that seem rather dead, since you can't talk to or interact with the majority of the townsfolk you pass by. So it's basically like walking around an empty map to get from Point A to Point B.

Also with regards to the story, it feels like you're just along for the ride. A lot of times even when you "win" the combat fight, a cutscene plays that shows you losing whatever objective you were going for in order to push their story forward.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Still playing a bit of Warlock - Master of the Arcane.

One of my better investments :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just beat four very good Allied players (up to level 14/15) in a CoH 4 v 4 and got promoted to Level 12 (Panzer Elite).

Never thought I'd see the return of Kanga spam but this dude tried and mangled my Panthers. Tried the Hummel heavy arty for a change and lots of booby-traps... usually go tank hunter or luft in MP games but it worked out OK.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Iron Front: Liberation 1944. Pretty much like ArmA(2). Sadly, this also applies to bugs in the campaign.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Just finished a Recruit play through of Alpha Protocol. Playing through again reminded me of what a little gem that game was. It's a shame it did so poorly in reviews, and we're unlikely to see a sequel for it.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Tried some Skyrim today. Hm, can't make up my mind just yet. It hasn't had the deep drag in that Morrowind had.. but so far it also hasn't got the soul-destroying blandness of Oblivion.. So we'll have to see how it goes.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Tried some Skyrim today. Hm, can't make up my mind just yet. It hasn't had the deep drag in that Morrowind had.. but so far it also hasn't got the soul-destroying blandness of Oblivion.. So we'll have to see how it goes.

That's pretty much how it goes.

Just finished a Recruit play through of Alpha Protocol. Playing through again reminded me of what a little gem that game was. It's a shame it did so poorly in reviews, and we're unlikely to see a sequel for it.

Best game I've played since Bloodlines I think. It's just engaging though levels are sloppy and the game is buggy to hell, the gunplay grows on you and the writing is as good as it gets.

Still on Dragon's Dogma. Killed the Griffin on the main quest. And changed vocation to Magick Archer, the Mage/Strider hybrid. This one might be more fun than the Fighter/Mage hybrid. Seeking arrows, WHEE.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I found Magick Archer to be a slightly boring vocation, especially compared to the base Strider, and ended up abandoning it. Mystic Knight is.. honestly not so bad? Although I haven't really got used to using my magick shield's skills, it seems like a pain most of the time when I can just kill people quickly with my primary weapon.

I'm mostly glad that Harpies won't be such a bother. They're hard to hit with the regular bow.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Diablo 3- all 5 of my characters are now on nightmare, my wizard will lead the push to hell

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Best game I've played since Bloodlines I think. It's just engaging though levels are sloppy and the game is buggy to hell, the gunplay grows on you and the writing is as good as it gets.

Are you playing it on the PC? Because I honestly haven't run into any noticeable bugs in pretty much every play through of mine.

Got TOR for a bargain price. It's my first MMO and right now I'm enjoying it a lot. Finished the Jedi Knight origin story and the first flashpoint. Thank god it does feel like a singleplayer game.

Edited by Bendu

Picked up Saints Row 3 for 10

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

NHL 12 - Playing in 6vs 6 league.. currently my team made 2nd round. <>

NWN - Stuff

Dragon's Doogma - Just got this game. there's a lot to be liked about it, but there is some rather annoying stuff thgat makes it annoying it. Still, vastly superior than certain other overrated popular games.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Got TOR for a bargain price. It's my first MMO and right now I'm enjoying it a lot. Finished the Jedi Knight origin story and the first flashpoint. Thank god it does feel like a singleplayer game.

I realy do not understand people playing MMOs who wants to have SP experience from the game...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I realy do not understand people playing MMOs who wants to have SP experience from the game...

Because more often than not when you're running up to the end game content, you're generally going to be plowing through it alone.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.