What are you playing now?

Gorth

I would be playing Arkham City if only they would release the damn games on Tuesday here in Europe as well. I still don't see the reason for this, it's like they are asking all the impatient teens to pirate their games.

Well to me it is a Tuesday release, because no game pre-order ever reaches my by Friday. :):p:(

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Arcanum still. Pretty sure I have no idea what I'm doing, but I must say I like Tarant.

Hey, if you can get past the Black Mountain mines without dying of boredom you deserve a medal. Hope you play as a mage, though.

Nope, gunfighter. And I have the sense I'm boned.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just bought Heroes 6 Deluxe.

Hope it's good.

It's not. Steaming pile of ****.

I had such high hopes when I heard HoMM VI was in development but it turned out to be worse than the previous incarnation.

That's not good news. I think I have it coming in the mail...too late to canx that order.

Just bought Heroes 6 Deluxe.

Hope it's good.

It's not. Steaming pile of ****.

I had such high hopes when I heard HoMM VI was in development but it turned out to be worse than the previous incarnation.

How so?

I haven't found much to gripe about it so far (the random map creatures - especially in hotseat games - scaling badly and thus offering no challenge at all, overgenerous economy, and the information overflow one gets from map items being the biggest ones thus far).

It's not Homm 3 by a long shot, but if they correct the balance issues I'd say it does indeed well top Homm 5 (which wasn't too good).

Well, reading your post shortly after now fills me with some relief, perhaps I'm not doomed.

Edited by greylord

When the wife and I get the chance we're playing Planescape: Torment together. That amounts to one or two hours a week, but we've had a lot of fun. We've gone through the sensate stones. She wanted to become a sensate. ugh.

I've cancelled my World of Warcraft account. I was about halfway through the Firelands content and I just got to thinking it was just too much like work. I had so little time and I was heaving a huge sigh of relief when I was done playing each week. When you're relieved when you don't have to play a game until the next week, you know it's time to head to something different. That was a couple months ago and I haven't regretted it at all.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Still playing FNV even though I bored at being level 50. Doing the NCR main quests since that will be my faction for this game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I've cancelled my World of Warcraft account. I was about halfway through the Firelands content and I just got to thinking it was just too much like work. I had so little time and I was heaving a huge sigh of relief when I was done playing each week. When you're relieved when you don't have to play a game until the next week, you know it's time to head to something different. That was a couple months ago and I haven't regretted it at all.

That's easilly recognizeable, did the same a couple of years ago at level 80 when we were doing Ulduar, it was much like having a second job, and the sigh of relief when you're done for the week could easilly be related to having a ****ty job and ending early on a friday.

Been PvP'ing a ****load with my mates, the ones that got me back into the game again, and it's been going decently well. Our healer needs some multitasking improvements for our 3vs3 rating to rise in the arenas, and doing Rated Battlegrounds harkens back to the good old days of level 60 when I actually was any good at PvP. Getting better still though, alot of changes in the way the game is set up, new skills and twists in the way the class plays that I'm still getting used to.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Homm 6 is not that bad, but a bit too simplified for a strategic game. Managing a kingdom is pretty easy with the Town portals incorporated inside each city for all leaders (like the infernal portals in Homm 3). Only three resources instead of the eight (I think) before.

But it remains fun.

Only thing that is bothering me is the 'online' mod with benefits that, when you play offline as I do, are a reminder of the condition of being a 'bad person'by playing offline : you don't have weapon evolving, nor gaining free traits for leaders. But I had not the choice, with my erratic connexion to internet, the game stopped every two minutes.

Yes, you heard me : if you don't play offline, the game shuts down at every connexion failure.

Still playing FNV even though I bored at being level 50. Doing the NCR main quests since that will be my faction for this game.

Raise the difficulty. Seriously. You'll thank me.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Splitting time between Dead Island and Rage. Not sold on Dead Island yet. I think I prefer shooting zombies over bashing them in the head, but I've heard the game gets a lot better once I get into the city, so I'll stick with it awhile. Just completed my first quest in Rage. With the 11.10 catalyst beta drivers the game runs incredibly smoothly (so far) and I'm enjoying it. If anyone here has the Anarchy edition I'm curious about when would be a good time to enter the wasteland sewers without getting my ass kicked.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Splitting time between Dead Island and Rage. Not sold on Dead Island yet. I think I prefer shooting zombies over bashing them in the head, but I've heard the game gets a lot better once I get into the city, so I'll stick with it awhile. Just completed my first quest in Rage. With the 11.10 catalyst beta drivers the game runs incredibly smoothly (so far) and I'm enjoying it. If anyone here has the Anarchy edition I'm curious about when would be a good time to enter the wasteland sewers without getting my ass kicked.

Hm, I entered the first sewers just after I'd picked up the first vehicle. Didn't have too much trouble with it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

but that area definately had unlimited muties until you turned off the faucet by walking past certain floor triggers.

Hm, I stood right near the entrance and killed muties till they stopped.

Then they didn't start up again until i moved.

They stopped after I'd killed a bunch. Then when I moved into the tunnel more started up.. I stayed still, killing them as they came on.. then they stopped. I walked up and found the bones.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Homm 6 is not that bad, but a bit too simplified for a strategic game. Managing a kingdom is pretty easy with the Town portals incorporated inside each city for all leaders (like the infernal portals in Homm 3). Only three resources instead of the eight (I think) before.

But it remains fun.

Only thing that is bothering me is the 'online' mod with benefits that, when you play offline as I do, are a reminder of the condition of being a 'bad person'by playing offline : you don't have weapon evolving, nor gaining free traits for leaders. But I had not the choice, with my erratic connexion to internet, the game stopped every two minutes.

Yes, you heard me : if you don't play offline, the game shuts down at every connexion failure.

I'm enjoying it so far but I like just about every game I play if for no other reason than I spent 50 bucks on it.

Here is a review that compares it a bit to the King's Bounty games

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Arcanum still. Pretty sure I have no idea what I'm doing, but I must say I like Tarant.

Hey, if you can get past the Black Mountain mines without dying of boredom you deserve a medal. Hope you play as a mage, though.

Yeah, if you haven't played the game before and are without the benefit of replay meta-knowledge, chances are extraordinarily good that you're boned.

For all its charms as a setting, Arcanum had such a ****ty RPG rules system that I can't recommend it to anyone. It's almost as if they went out of their way to try to make roughly 70% of the adequate-sounding character builds into "gotchas" that produced seriously underpowered characters.

Anyhow, I'm actually playing Baldur's Gate II, for the first time in many years. I'm pretty far along-- at the "everything in SOA is done but Suldanesselar" stage, and I'm currently putting some time into Watcher's Keep. I've hit the "Lum the Mad" level, which is generally where Watcher's Keep gets tedious to me. It becomes less "organic progression through interesting challenges" and more "find a tough encounter, reload and rest up, then use the cheese tactics most appropriate to that enemy."

I'm presently debating whether I should keep going through the Keep, or play out the SOA endgame and come back to Watcher's from TOB. Any thoughts on advantages/disadvantages of each approach? I'm actually kinda looking forward to TOB in spite of the epic cheese, as I've only played through that once, back when it was first released.

Yeah, if you haven't played the game before and are without the benefit of replay meta-knowledge, chances are extraordinarily good that you're boned.

For all its charms as a setting, Arcanum had such a ****ty RPG rules system that I can't recommend it to anyone. It's almost as if they went out of their way to try to make roughly 70% of the adequate-sounding character builds into "gotchas" that produced seriously underpowered characters.

Having Dog makes BMM so much easier. I can't imagine going through that place without him, especially with a gun character.

I'm going through IWD+HOW+TotL again but this time on Insanity/Heart of Fury mode with a level 1 party (Fighter/Thief, Paladin, Cleric/Ranger, Fighter, Mage, and Druid). It's...very difficult.

Finished my latest playthrough of Alpha Protocol, and started the Dragon Knight Saga. Good RPG fun. After that it will be Metro 2033, Call of Pripyat, New Vegas and Darksiders.

Eventually I'll buy Arkham City and Deus Ex and get on that.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I started playing Metro 2033 last week, but I can't get me to continue. The checkpoint savesystem is driving me crazy. There have been various scenes already which I had to restart over and over again, just because I made some stupid mistake a bit later. Also it's extremely scripted and linear. I am really disappointed by it-- the 2,50 Euro haven't been worth it for me. They should have come up with their own story in the Metro universe and not trying to get the books story working. This just feels bad and limiting, imo.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm imagining that I'm playing Arkham City. VPD failed me again. It's funny how the other store manages to send their games on time from

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.