What are you playing now?

Gorth

I'm not poking you. That sucks. BUt this is why I buy through steam for new releases. Pre-ordering any other way seems t obe just a gurantee of ending up with the game AFTER other people.

The thing is Steam is 10-15 euros more expensive than the tax free games from

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

[

Yeah, if you haven't played the game before and are without the benefit of replay meta-knowledge, chances are extraordinarily good that you're boned.

For all its charms as a setting, Arcanum had such a ****ty RPG rules system that I can't recommend it to anyone. It's almost as if they went out of their way to try to make roughly 70% of the adequate-sounding character builds into "gotchas" that produced seriously underpowered characters.

Well, that's good to know, heh. Ah well, will keep on playing in vain! Right now having fun farming assassins for leather armour (stocking bullets is a pain though).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

After taking some time off of gaming because of work, I've put in some more time into Dark Souls, got into the sewers, got cursed, got uncursed and taking a little bit before I take on the Gaping Dragon, but it's going well. Liking the shortcuts I find after the fact.

Also, put in a little bit of time in with Dungeon Defenders as well on Steam. Had some fun on my ipad a while back, however the controls were a little wacky, so having fun now with the K/M.

Two Worlds 2 - one of the longest, "action-enforced", hold-you-by-the-hand tutorial's I've encountered (might even be worse than Oblivion's), which left a bad early impression ("come on already, when do I get to start free-roaming??"). I know it was trying to make it an interesting part of the story, but blech, not my thing. BUT...once I finally got past all of that, it opened up and I was able to go roaming. The graphics are better than the 1st but some things feel worse/not great (what is with the hair being all out of focus/fuzzy when the clothes are super-sharp?), even after fiddling with Bloom/DoF settings etc. Still, it looks nice enough as you're running around.

Gameplay so far feels pretty similar to the first, just with somewhat altered ways of doing the skills and magic, like most sequels do. The 1st horse I acquired, however, decided to get stuck endlessly running into a fence, so I stayed on foot. Since I could barely control the horse riding movement (I must be doing something wrong...) I prefer on-foot anyway. I like the wider variety of animals in the land (big rhino's, big cats, warthogs, ostriches, and so on).

They've made hunting for herbal ingredients tougher tho, with much taller grass etc. And I have yet to see a beaver. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

After two weeks of excruciating wait my copy of Dark Souls has finally arrived from the UK. Two weeks for one box in priority mail? It's even further to my home country (Iceland) and it only takes FIVE days from there. I wish the royal mail people would have delivered it straight into my hands so I could spit on them for being the slowest mail service I know.

I finished the tutorial (Undead Asylum) and ventured a bit into the Undead Burg. Unfortunately I won't be able to invest much time into it in the coming days, but I look forward to sitting down for extended periods in the coming weeks. Until then I'll have to be content with just running between bonfires, or even scour small areas around bonfires, farming souls.

Before that I finished Shadow of the Colossus. ICO awaits me (as well as SotC on higher difficulties).

im trying to find ways to occupy myself without buying any new games until skyrim.

maybe i'll replay dragon age or something?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Eventually started playing a bit Rage today. It's a pretty game and has some cool attention to detail (animations especially). Though it is very clear the game is a console shooter.

Also what's up with the gun sounds? The shotgun gives you that saturated, satisfying WHOOM plus the echo, while the assault rifle that looks like an AK47 sounds weak and brassy.

Eventually started playing a bit Rage today. It's a pretty game and has some cool attention to detail (animations especially). Though it is very clear the game is a console shooter.

Also what's up with the gun sounds? The shotgun gives you that saturated, satisfying WHOOM plus the echo, while the assault rifle that looks like an AK47 sounds weak and brassy.

While waiting for other games, not playing a PC game currently, playing Gran Turismo 5.

Took a break from Dark Souls and will come back to it in a month or two. I've had enough of it for now. (Me not being good enough and not having enough time atm.) Started playing Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll on PS3. I can play a mission or two without having to stress.

Contemplating starting another playthrough of dxhr. Got a lot more nuances out of it on a second playthrough (and through multiple playthroughs of Missing Link), could really enjoy it now. :thumbsup:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I officially finished everything in Point Lookout and then got stuck into Mothership Zeta, I forgot how completely herp derp, bat**** crazy the plot is, being led around a spaceship by a ten year old girl who can rewire alien technology, at least I do enjoy it as a mindless slaughter, the logs are fun too.

At some point before MZ I took the perk which reveals all the unvisited locations, was quite disheartened to see a few places I don't think I've ever been, if I really want to consider Fallout 3 put to rest I'm gonna have to check them out :thumbsup:

Just picked Las Vegas cheap ($20) so I'm about to see if it's as good as everyone claims it is. At least it can't be as horrible as DS3 or AP, right? RIGHT?!?

I prefer Alpha Protocol over it, but that's due to a subjective preference for that kind of game. New Vegas is probably a better game, objectively.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I officially finished everything in Point Lookout and then got stuck into Mothership Zeta, I forgot how completely herp derp, bat**** crazy the plot is, being led around a spaceship by a ten year old girl who can rewire alien technology, at least I do enjoy it as a mindless slaughter, the logs are fun too.

At some point before MZ I took the perk which reveals all the unvisited locations, was quite disheartened to see a few places I don't think I've ever been, if I really want to consider Fallout 3 put to rest I'm gonna have to check them out :lol:

Surely that's the gaming equivalent of finding a bunch of olives and a slice of salami at the bottom of the deli bag?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The problem - not that it's really a "problem" - with games like Two Worlds One/Two is I never end up finishing the quest/storyline because by the time I'm done free-exploring, crafting, & all that, I no longer care about the end. I'm definitely not about the quests. :lol:

Skyrim's going to be like that for me too, I'm guessing. Or rather, hoping. Man I just love exploring.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

At some point before MZ I took the perk which reveals all the unvisited locations, was quite disheartened to see a few places I don't think I've ever been, if I really want to consider Fallout 3 put to rest I'm gonna have to check them out :lol:

Surely that's the gaming equivalent of finding a bunch of olives and a slice of salami at the bottom of the deli bag?

Ahh I'm just keen to put Fallout 3 away for good, my savegame file has well over 100 hours on it but obsession demands I finish the damn thing :)

Still playing FO:NV...

I was wondering about Yes Man. I met him briefly after Benny got away from me and we had a chat. In my quest list I now have several Wildcard options for the main quest, one of them is talking to Yes Man about the families, but where did he go after that initial encounter? He sure doesn't seem to be on 13th floor anymore :lol:

Did I miss a note from him where he was headed, or will I automatically run across him again during the normal course of the main plot?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Still playing FO:NV...

I was wondering about Yes Man. I met him briefly after Benny got away from me and we had a chat. In my quest list I now have several Wildcard options for the main quest, one of them is talking to Yes Man about the families, but where did he go after that initial encounter? He sure doesn't seem to be on 13th floor anymore :lol:

Did I miss a note from him where he was headed, or will I automatically run across him again during the normal course of the main plot?

He's in front of The Tops.

He's in front of The Tops.

:shifty:

I was too busy looking inside. Thanks.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Splitting time between Dead Island and Rage. Not sold on Dead Island yet. I think I prefer shooting zombies over bashing them in the head, but I've heard the game gets a lot better once I get into the city, so I'll stick with it awhile. Just completed my first quest in Rage. With the 11.10 catalyst beta drivers the game runs incredibly smoothly (so far) and I'm enjoying it. If anyone here has the Anarchy edition I'm curious about when would be a good time to enter the wasteland sewers without getting my ass kicked.

Hm, I entered the first sewers just after I'd picked up the first vehicle. Didn't have too much trouble with it.

but that area definately had unlimited muties until you turned off the faucet by walking past certain floor triggers.

Hm, I stood right near the entrance and killed muties till they stopped.

Then they didn't start up again until i moved.

They stopped after I'd killed a bunch. Then when I moved into the tunnel more started up.. I stayed still, killing them as they came on.. then they stopped. I walked up and found the bones.

:shifty: Thanks guys, heading off to the sewers now. Have to say it may be awhile before I get back to playing Dead Island. Rage is becoming an addiction.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Finished FNV siding with the NCR. I have 58 of 75 achievements.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Completed Arkham City. Everything in the campaign except advanced AR challenges.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Have Lonesome Road/OWB, latest NVSE etc. now. Still have to update a few mods but about ready to play it again I think. I fired up FNV to check save games & see how it ran on the the new vid. card (runs great!), and I realized I've completely forgotten half the GUI hotkeys, as well as most console commands. Had to look them up again. haha. So will be alternating between 2W2 and FNV for a bit. Good times.