What are you playing now?

Gorth

DXHR DLC

I hate being level 1 again. Why did they have to do this to me.

Not sure what new augs they can add or how to balance them ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yep. They changed the mechanic behind crouching to avoid long crouching (so there is a time limit) and automatic crouching (so there is a manual trigger).

This is mostly for MP where they wanted to avoid a unique tactic in duel.

Now, crouching remains as deadly as before, just a bit less comfortable and may require some practice.

After a patch they added the option to have crouching triggered a bit friendlier (like it remains more or less automatic) for SP games (I think).

I'm still not sure I "get" the new mechanics but I'll figure it out eventually. Haven't noticed a crouching-specific option but maybe it's built in or has weird wording.

It was a bit too overpowered before...altho in the SP game at least, eventually I hardly have to ever fight myself to doesn't matter too much.

Do you know if having a high Persuasion will prevent the bickering Heroes from actually leaving, like before? In the 1st game they'd still complain periodically but they'd never actually leave. Or at least, they never did when I played.

I don't know really. I tried to completly avoid combinations where some complain to each other presence. Also, if you run your own kingdom, you can appoint then as leaders and give them castles and villages thus avoiding the bickering.

DXHR DLC

I hate being level 1 again. Why did they have to do this to me.

Not sure what new augs they can add or how to balance them ?

Find both of these unlikely, they managed just fine in the main game. Stand by my earlier assessment, forces the player into seeing what he can do without the augs when he is actually in the game.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Bought Sword of the Stars complete/collection/whatever for $5. Number 2 came out and I was curious.

Not really holding my interest. It seems to focus really heavily on the combat. But I'm not finding the combat all that interesting. It could be the slow start, as is common with 4X.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Am considering demanding my tidying obsessed housemate buy me Skyrim to make up for all the OCD shenanigans he is polluting my waves with.

But i've only got an i7 2.6 ghz, and a GTX270 (from memory). Not sure if that's enough.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Am considering demanding my tidying obsessed housemate buy me Skyrim to make up for all the OCD shenanigans he is polluting my waves with.

But i've only got an i7 2.6 ghz, and a GTX270 (from memory). Not sure if that's enough.

Lol. More than enough.

Thanks, man. I assume I'll be off the pretty pretty features, though?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's still very high end with the speed things are moving at right now. It will be sufficient for anything but ultra or experimental settings like those in Withcer2. Ram will be an issue since it draws almost the whole world in one go.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Lol. More than enough.

Thanks, man. I assume I'll be off the pretty pretty features, though?

It depends how fussy you are about vsync, I doubt the 270 will get a solid 60fps on ultra but I bet it won't be far off, it should totally chew it up and spit it out on high though.

In other news I stayed up till 6am playing Battlefield 3, server drop outs are a pretty big issue it seems, good job the actual gameplay is really solid, been having a blast. :blush:

Hearing about Battlefield 3 makes me want to buy it. I really had a tonne of fun with Battlefield 2, but I'll be damned if I give in to EA and their fecking Origin.

Stop bloody praising the game! :blush:

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It's a Bethesda game. Solid fps is relatively unimportant because you'll still get micro-stuttering. On the other hand, the flying ragdolls will be entertaining. :blush:

Yeah that's a very good point, unless you do some tweaking/modding Oblivion and Fallout 3 actually ran at 64hz on the PC, totally ****ing all hopes of smooth vsync, I really hope this all singing, all dancing Gamebryo reboot has that issue solved.

Hearing about Battlefield 3 makes me want to buy it. I really had a tonne of fun with Battlefield 2, but I'll be damned if I give in to EA and their fecking Origin.

Stop bloody praising the game! :blush:

Well if you want the bad points I lost a absolute shedload of XP due to servers dropping me mid round, they really need to sort that out, video performance is also sub par, my GTX 580 struggles to maintain 40fps on ultra, though thankfully the graphical difference between high and ultra is minimal.

Good man! Thank you for that. Keep it coming! :D

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Looked very Black Hawk Downish, like ever other military shooter the last 10 years. What makes it better ?

As far as the single player campaign is concerned, nothing, it's generic Americans blabbering propaganda and movie stereotypes, multiplayer on the other hand has a lot of variety.

Finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the second time. Played much more covertly than the first time and had a blast, I just love picking enemies off one by one without anyone noticing. I think I'll pick up the DLC when it's on sale.

Also finished Vampire: Bloodlines a while back. Has some problems but a good game nevertheless.

World of Tanks is looking like a never ending project, having fun anyway.

I just wonder what I should play next.. won't be getting Skyrim on day one, I want to hear about the quests and especially level scaling before.

Having a dabble at Ghostbusters the Video Game. The story seems interesting, and having the whole cast back for the voicework is a nice touch.

Although some of the movement and controls are a little eh. Especially capture streams. I'm not sure if that's just because they were designed for consoles and gamepads and I'm using mouse and keyboard or what...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Decided that I don't have enough games I don't finish so starting VtM:B.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Decided that I don't have enough games I don't finish so starting VtM:B.

Beware the sewers, I needed to use god mode as my brain was melting and the game would never have been completed otherwise, apart from that the game generally deserves the praise it gets.

Just about to finish Hitman:Bloodmoney for god knows how manyeth time. And found it harder than previously, only got SA on few missions as there was always a witness or two I never noticed.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I loved Bloodmoney. I've considered putting it back on my computer, but then I don't get to play anything but PS:T with the wife these days anyhow and she definitely wouldn't go for the Hitman series.

I go SA on every level except for that cursed one on the boat. I just simply could never get eveyone without at least a witness or two.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!