ranDom vIdeO game news

Sarex

Resident Evil Village, a game with NO ZOMBIES ironically, won Steam GOTY award.

As a fan of the series since the getgo I am a little surprised at this, it's not even remotely how the series started out (Mansions, puzzles, corporate lab conspiracies, Zombies) yet Capcom has announced they want to make RE a primarily PC franchise now, at the same time transforming it into werevolves, vampires, and supernatural Gothic fiction.  Talk about a mind****.  I like the PC priorities but they really gotta return the series to its roots to make me truly happy here...

• Hmmm 1

The only zombie game you need is Project Zomboid.

Well, and maybe the original Resident Evil 1 (and remake).

• Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

2 hours ago, Lexx said:

I think I can get behind this, though every RE before 4 is playable and has aged pretty well.  REmake 2 also was not bad and REmake 3 could have been lots better if it was given another year of development time.

However yes, anyone who started out with RE2 or RE3 and considers themselves hardcore fans need to get smacked or something.

Edited by ComradeYellow

5 hours ago, ComradeYellow said:

I think I can get behind this, though every RE before 4 is playable and has aged pretty well.  REmake 2 also was not bad and REmake 3 could have been lots better if it was given another year of development time.

However yes, anyone who started out with RE2 or RE3 and considers themselves hardcore fans need to get smacked or something.

Comrade dont forget Dying Light 2 and I was really surprised how many regular members said they wont be playing it....its my best Zombie killing game of all time and I have played lots of them like Dead Island, Dead State :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Lexx said:

I dont know if  I told you but I have always had an interest in this game and played it in the early days of year 1 

I looked now at it on Steam and its looking good, how would you describe it from a new features game and are how the activities you can do to survive

And does it have 1 server for all players ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

50 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Comrade dont forget Dying Light 2 and I was really surprised how many regular members said they wont be playing it....its my best Zombie killing game of all time and I have played lots of them like Dead Island, Dead State :thumbsup:

Probably because DL1 was so poorly put together and overrated I can't say I blame them for skipping out on it.  I know I got bored and irritated with it fast!

Typical modern Western game, great on paper but poorly executed.

Edited by ComradeYellow

1 hour ago, ComradeYellow said:

Probably because DL1 was so poorly put together and overrated I can't say I blame them for skipping out on it.  I know I got bored and irritated with it fast!

Typical modern Western game, great on paper but poorly executed.

Comrade how much time did you spend on DY1 ?

John Milton 

https://massivelyop.com/2022/01/11/star-citizen-and-squadron-42-are-still-many-years-away-cig-confirms/

"CIG COO Carl Jones says. “But yeah, it could be one or two years more. He’s spending more time over here with the Squadron 42 team and with our other developers, but it’ll be this year when he moves over for longer periods of time. Hopefully that means we can progress Squadron 42 through to completion faster. We want to get that game finished, but it will be finished when it’s ready.”

I forgot Squadron 42 was a thing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

25 minutes ago, Malcador said:

https://massivelyop.com/2022/01/11/star-citizen-and-squadron-42-are-still-many-years-away-cig-confirms/

"CIG COO Carl Jones says. “But yeah, it could be one or two years more. He’s spending more time over here with the Squadron 42 team and with our other developers, but it’ll be this year when he moves over for longer periods of time. Hopefully that means we can progress Squadron 42 through to completion faster. We want to get that game finished, but it will be finished when it’s ready.”

In a related story, Beyond Good & Evil 2 is still several years away according to an unnamed "developer". :shifty:

Fun fact: The Kickstarter for Star Citizen was in 2012 with an original "release date" in 2014. :lol:

I don't remember if BG&E2 ever had a realease date of any kind.

Which one releases first? Will humans still roam the Earth at that time?

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

56 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

In a related story, Beyond Good & Evil 2 is still several years away according to an unnamed "developer". :shifty:

And it will be an NFT ridden mess 🤷‍♂️

• Sad 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

13 hours ago, Malcador said:

This is beyond funny now.

Actually this is kinda funny ... since the announcement of the game, lots of cool sci-fi stuff came out, which now made me really hate the "space ships are ships in space" trope. I'd rather have more realistic space ship designs, with less windows and stuff like that. In a way, space ships should be more like submarines, and Star Citizen doesn't have that at all. So tl;dr - I'm kinda not even motivated anymore to actually play the game due to the super unrealistic ship designs.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

7 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Actually this is kinda funny ... since the announcement of the game, lots of cool sci-fi stuff came out, which now made me really hate the "space ships are ships in space" trope. I'd rather have more realistic space ship designs, with less windows and stuff like that. In a way, space ships should be more like submarines, and Star Citizen doesn't have that at all. So tl;dr - I'm kinda not even motivated anymore to actually play the game due to the super unrealistic ship designs.

expanse certainly changed a lot of expectation with sci fi

always prefer metal box that were not designed to ever enter gravity or atmosphere style of spaceship

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lexx said:

Hey, when it finally comes out in 20 years, maybe your motivation will return. :p

• Haha 2

STALKER 2 delayed until December.

Not wholly unexpected, given that it is GSC Gameworlds and STALKER we're talking about and that Ukraine faces the possibility of invasion.

Edited by Agiel
  • Sad 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

On 1/11/2022 at 7:54 PM, Keyrock said:

Fun fact: The Kickstarter for Star Citizen was in 2012 with an original "release date" in 2014. :lol:

I don't remember if BG&E2 ever had a realease date of any kind.

Which one releases first? Will humans still roam the Earth at that time?

Uf, that's a good question. I would also add Skull&Bones to that. I really don't get that one. You had ship combat in AssCreed. You have Sid Mayer Pirates. Marry the two and you have a game. Add grinding, and microtransactions and you have a Ubi game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1