ranDom vIdeO game news

Sarex

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Now that would be a disaster but I dont think Disney can afford to buy Microsoft even if they wanted to sell which they dont 

Yeah that is true, Disney can't afford MS, but MS has cash on hand half of Disney's market value, so MS could actually buy Disney if it they want and Disney is on sale

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Humanoid said:

That's a completely different issue in that I just avoid zombie games entirely really. There is one exception, ironically being party-based, in Death Road to Canada. But then I have no problem with multiple units outside of the context of RPGs, even if you can argue DRtC has strong RPG elements, after all I play a *lot* of XCOM (which has zombies too I guess, ha).

To be fair, Xcom zombies are way cooler than traditional zombies. 

Whatever makes gamers unhappy is good.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

7 hours ago, Chairchucker said:

Ah yes, the highly sanitised Disney, the company that brought us such family friendly films as The Last Duel, in which two men fight to the death because one of them raped the wife of the other. Extremely sanitised.

Whats wrong, did you get out of the wrong side of bed this morning...you sound ratty?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Chairchucker said:

Do I? Seems like very run of the mill sarcasm to me.

Good to know, I thought you were mad ;)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

11 hours ago, Chairchucker said:

Ah yes, the highly sanitised Disney, the company that brought us such family friendly films as The Last Duel, in which two men fight to the death because one of them raped the wife of the other. Extremely sanitised.

They are bloated and busy corporation, they don't have time to censor everything their subsidiaries do. They even let "Pulp Fiction" slip through once upon the time. :shifty:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Chairchucker said:

Ironically in the non-sanitised version there's no violence, just two men and the woman having peaceful relations.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

1 hour ago, bugarup said:

They are bloated and busy corporation, they don't have time to censor everything their subsidiaries do. They even let "Pulp Fiction" slip through once upon the time. :shifty:

Hmm I suppose that's possible or maybe - and hear me out - maybe there isn't really any evidence of Disney sanitising any franchise that wasn't already pretty child friendly. Before they acquired Star Wars, there were bumbling droids, fuzzy teddy bears, a pratfalling gungan and the closest thing there was to graphic violence was someone's arm getting cut off, conveniently by a weapon that prevents blood sprays. With Rogue One, Mandolorian and Boba Fett, Disney's version of Star Wars has been probs less 'sanitised' than it ever was. Before they acquired Marvel, the least sanitised aspect of the MCU was probably the fact that they hired Joss Whedon. Post Disney acquisition we got Helstrom which, while apparently not very good, seems to be, again, about the least 'sanitised' MCU thing we've seen.

The idea of Disney being some company that will slap mouse ears on every property and dial it down to a 'g' rating is a bogeyman invented by people who want to be mad at things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chairchucker said:

Hmm I suppose that's possible or maybe - and hear me out - maybe there isn't really any evidence of Disney sanitising any franchise that wasn't already pretty child friendly. Before they acquired Star Wars, there were bumbling droids, fuzzy teddy bears, a pratfalling gungan and the closest thing there was to graphic violence was someone's arm getting cut off, conveniently by a weapon that prevents blood sprays. With Rogue One, Mandolorian and Boba Fett, Disney's version of Star Wars has been probs less 'sanitised' than it ever was. Before they acquired Marvel, the least sanitised aspect of the MCU was probably the fact that they hired Joss Whedon. Post Disney acquisition we got Helstrom which, while apparently not very good, seems to be, again, about the least 'sanitised' MCU thing we've seen.

The idea of Disney being some company that will slap mouse ears on every property and dial it down to a 'g' rating is a bogeyman invented by people who want to be mad at things.

They did veto movies from distribution in the past, like "Dogma" and I have a sneaking suspicion they still practice that, can't be arsed to sniff for sources though. Cannot comment on superhero schlock as I don't care for it unless Taika Waititi or Deadpool is involved, but didn't they switch SW directors after "The Last Jedi" turned controversial for more "traditional" (but also stupider) next installation whatsitsname? Also, didn't they fire some director over 10 years old edgy messages and Mandalorian's actress over some dumb tweet? Their being allergic to any kind of IRL controversy is IMO as worse than product sanitizing. :down:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bugarup said:

They did veto movies from distribution in the past, like "Dogma" and I have a sneaking suspicion they still practice that, can't be arsed to sniff for sources though. Cannot comment on superhero schlock as I don't care for it unless Taika Waititi or Deadpool is involved, but didn't they switch SW directors after "The Last Jedi" turned controversial for more "traditional" (but also stupider) next installation whatsitsname? Also, didn't they fire some director over 10 years old edgy messages and Mandalorian's actress over some dumb tweet? Their being allergic to any kind of IRL controversy is IMO as worse than product sanitizing. :down:

Dogma, Kids and Ferenheit 9/11 were the films Disney declined to allow Miramax to distribute after the Weinstein's sold to Disney.

The problems with what became Rise of the Skywalker, from what I understand it, had to do with allowing The Last Jedi to veer wildly off the planned three act narrative so much so that it no longer matched up with the script that was being prepped for the third film.  So they brought Abrams back both as a response to the negative reaction to TLJ and because the other director left after the work they'd did amounted to nothing and he couldn't make the film he'd planned.

RE Chairchucker's reference to Helstrom, it started life under Marvel's TV unit (Agents of SHIELD, Runaways, The Inhumans, Cloak and Dagger) and not the movie banner (the, er, movies and the current Disney+ shows).  And it was sanitized from everything I've read (they don't even call Daimon's sister Satana, but "Ana" and he's no longer the son of the devil and she's no longer a succubus*).

They did fire the director for old tweets (but re-hired him) and the actress (who had a history of dumb tweets and they probably would have been better off just telling people they didn't hire actors based on their ability to tweet), but I think the latter was more because they've been trying to win SW fans over after the mixed reception of the SW films as they've kept another actress whose had some tweet controversies but who isn't in the SW stuff.  I imagine there's never going to be a one-size response to these things.

*yes Marvel has a sometimes superhero and sometimes supervillain who is the Son of Satan and one who is a Succubus.  They also had a heroic/villainous half-vampire, full vampire, 2 different werewolves, a science vampire, several witches, a mummy, a swamp monster, etc.  It was the 70s.

• Like 4

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

2 minutes ago, Amentep said:

Dogma, Kids and Ferenheit 9/11 were the films Disney declined to allow Miramax to distribute after the Weinstein's sold to Disney.

The problems with what became Rise of the Skywalker, from what I understand it, had to do with allowing The Last Jedi to veer wildly off the planned three act narrative so much so that it no longer matched up with the script that was being prepped for the third film.  So they brought Abrams back both as a response to the negative reaction to TLJ and because the other director left after the work they'd did amounted to nothing and he couldn't make the film he'd planned.

RE Chairchucker's reference to Helstrom, it started life under Marvel's TV unit (Agents of SHIELD, Runaways, The Inhumans, Cloak and Dagger) and not the movie banner (the, er, movies and the current Disney+ shows).  And it was sanitized from everything I've read (they don't even call Daimon's sister Satana, but "Ana" and he's no longer the son of the devil and she's no longer a succubus*).

They did fire the director for old tweets (but re-hired him) and the actress (who had a history of dumb tweets and they probably would have been better off just telling people they didn't hire actors based on their ability to tweet), but I think the latter was more because they've been trying to win SW fans over after the mixed reception of the SW films.  However they've kept another actress whose had some tweet controversies who isn't in the SW stuff.  I imagine there's never going to be a one-size response to these things.

*yes Marvel has a sometimes superhero and sometimes supervillain who is the Son of Satan and one who is a Succubus.  They also had a heroic/villainous half-vampire, full vampire, 2 different werewolves, a science vampire, several witches, a mummy, a swamp monster, etc.  It was the 70s.

I watched Helstrom and thought it was excellent, I was bitterly disappointed it didnt go past season 1 

I didnt read the comics\graphic novels of Helstrom so its interesting he is the son of the devil and his sister a  succubus, in the series they are " human " but the children of a demon\demonic entity 

But its very brutal and not sanitized in respects to  the general violence 

John Milton 

8 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I watched Helstrom and thought it was excellent, I was bitterly disappointed it didnt go past season 1 

I didnt read the comics\graphic novels of Helstrom so its interesting he is the son of the devil and his sister a  succubus, in the series they are " human " but the children of a demon\demonic entity 

But its very brutal and not sanitized in respects to  the general violence 

If Daimon isn't shirtless 80% of the time with a large sometimes flaming pentagram on his chest, its Hellstrom in name only! 😄😄😄

SonofSatan.jpg.ac93dd3582911e13820043bd8d06686b.jpgSantanaMV.thumb.jpg.694f1e444f1263bf6d3505f572d351d4.jpg

• Like 4

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

6 minutes ago, Amentep said:

If Daimon isn't shirtless 80% of the time with a large sometimes flaming pentagram on his chest, its Hellstrom in name only! 😄😄😄

SonofSatan.jpg.ac93dd3582911e13820043bd8d06686b.jpgSantanaMV.thumb.jpg.694f1e444f1263bf6d3505f572d351d4.jpg

Shes quite a hottie 💞

• Haha 1

John Milton 

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Shes quite a hottie 💞

THAT'S FORBIDDEN!!!

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Haha 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

6 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I imagine Satan got busy. He's probably got a lot of children.

I think in Marvel, Lucifer/Satan only has the two known kids.  But then Mephisto has pretended to be Lucifer a number of times, and I think "Satan" is treated like a title, so there may be other demons who were Satan who had other kids that wouldn't be related to Lucifer/ the Hellstroms.

1 minute ago, Mamoulian War said:

THAT'S FORBIDDEN!!!

She probably won't suck the life force out of Bruce...probably. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Amentep said:

I think in Marvel, Lucifer/Satan only has the two known kids. 

That's because he doesn't want to pay child support on the hundreds of illegitimate children he's fathered. We gotta get Satan on the Maury Povich show.

• Haha 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

That's because he doesn't want to pay child support on the hundreds of illegitimate children he's fathered. We gotta get Satan on the Maury Povich show.

I'm not sure I'm ready to see Lucifer do the run of shame after the DNA test results are revealed... 😱

• Haha 4