RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - BATTLE ROYALE

Releases tomorrow:

I hope it's good.  Alternate history cold war era espionage XCOM seems like such a great idea.  Hopefully stealth is a option in missions. 

This is from the folks that made Hard West, a decent enough turn-based tactical game with a really great theme.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It will suck, because I pre-ordered it. :p

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I thought it sounded pretty neat that you can "hot swap" your character build on the fly.

Like in Andromeda? I don't think I ever used it other than just testing it once.

PS can you buy card packs? I didn't see anything about it but I mostly skimmed due to lack of interest

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

^Im not sure, I never played any of the ME series. The relevant part of the article:

Perk cards can be swapped out at anytime, which allows for experimentation with different character builds or adapting to certain situations. For example, the Lone Wanderer perk gives players additional experience points when playing solo, but can be swapped out for another perk since it'd be a waste when joining a group.

It will suck, because I pre-ordered it. :p

I know the feels. Everything I like sucks, even tv shows get cancelled. I'm a curse I reckon
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Well, I don't really like any game that sucks in my own eyes. If it doesn't review well and I enjoy it, then that is no issue. It does look promising and I'm allowed one bad game a year, so at worst this will be it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I liked the e3 demo better, it was trippy. :(

Now it looks...'dusty' which sort of reminds me of DOOM.

On a different note: I hope id makes a Quake V at some point.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Not a fan of the art style, nor anything about the trailer, for that matter.  I'd love to have another good Jagged Alliance game, but I have little confidence that this will be it.  I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Another case, why going full digital is not as bright future as some people promote it. Especially for customers.

Short version, EA deleted an Origin account with all games and other purchased content without single trace back to its existence.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Not a fan of the art style, nor anything about the trailer, for that matter.  I'd love to have another good Jagged Alliance game, but I have little confidence that this will be it.  I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Damn, I really don't know, man. On the one hand, the original Jagged Alliance did not have a very realistic and gritty look. On the other hand, it wasn't really... this... either. Shame they haven't shown more actual gameplay.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Huh. I don't really know how I feel about this. I worship at the altar of Ian Currie and Sir-Tech, so I'm always going to be skeptical. I am not against a reboot with a new art style. Honestly it will come down to the characters and the combat, so who knows? It has better backing than the last couple attempts with THQ Nordic. 

I am loving the rebirth of the genre though. 

• Like 1

Believe me, I want Jagged Alliance Rage! to be good.  I desperately want it to be good.  I can look past the art style, which I'm not keen on, if they nail the gameplay, but they showed all of 3 seconds of gameplay in that trailer, so we don't really have much to go on.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Checked out some preview and they say it ain't that good. Seems there really is a curse on this franchise, because nothing is able to top JA2, not even getting close.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I could deal the art style if the manage to make combat good enough. BUT mangling the mercs this way just makes me mad. So i'll just run Ja1 or DG and cry while playing.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I guess they named it that to reflect the reception from JA fans.

• Like 5

Just here with your daily reminder that Bethesda are scumbags: Bethesda threatens lawsuit over sale of secondhand game

Just another example of how thorough TooLeetForYou is with his opinion.

Check out why they actually did it:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-11-pete-hines-defends-bethesdas-legal-threat-on-amazon-marketplace-game-seller

Spoiler: guy tried to sell a game he bought as "New". But there's no way for anyone to confirm that the game is actually new (which means it still has all the digital codes etc. intact) so Bethesda wants him to sell it as "pre-owned". That's it. It's that simple.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Just another example of how thorough TooLeetForYou is with his opinion.

Check out why they actually did it:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-11-pete-hines-defends-bethesdas-legal-threat-on-amazon-marketplace-game-seller

Spoiler: guy tried to sell a game he bought as "New". But there's no way for anyone to confirm that the game is actually new (which means it still has all the digital codes etc. intact) so Bethesda wants him to sell it as "pre-owned". That's it. It's that simple.

How utterly predictable. At least tell me you're an industry plant and not doing this on your own dime?

There's no way for anyone to confirm that anything you buy on Amazon Marketplace is actually "new", genius. That's what the Marketplace guarantee is for. 

If they want their authorized distributors to be separate from Joe Nobody from Nebraska, they can give them a seal or certificate that they can display in their profile or whatever. They can use proprietary shrink wrap  as WotC have been doing for decades now to prevent this kind of problem. The solutions are endless. This is plain dumb, and just the latest example of their overbearing and sue-happy attitude.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

^ So, a Bethesda version of this?

Original_Nintendo_Seal_of_Quality_%28Eur

Edit:  I'd like to imagine a Bethesda seal of quality first glitching out when you look at it, then falling apart, before the pieces finally hilariously fly off into space in an apparent physics bug.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸