RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - BATTLE ROYALE

Valve launched their own game streaming platform Steam TV today, coinciding with the first day of the main event of The International.  It is linked to and integrated with your Steam account and is obviously intended to be a competitor to Twitch.  Who knows if it will succeeding in giving Twitch any real competition (lord knows Hitbox and Azubu didn't), but it would be good it Twitch had some real competition, much like it would be good if YouTube had some real competition.  If nothing else, the interface is pretty slick.  

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Battlefield V is getting low pre-order numbers. Man, I'm so happy.

Get f-ed, DICE/EA!

I wouldn't even blame EA here. DICE has been a bunch of clueless Swedes for years. 

True.

I'd also say it's just more evidence that the yearly release cycle is a bad idea. It works in sports and that's about it. People lose interest. 

No such thing. They hyped the market with rumors of a WW2 Battlefield game and then they delivered Inglorious Bastards 2.0

That's disappointment, not the yearly cycle release.

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Yeah, a sort of intellectual hijacking driven by pretentiousness. Too many bad decisions with that series for me to care, but the frequent releases doesn't help either. DICE is a Swedish chicken with it's head cut off at this point though. Not even sure that'd make a good meatball. They're done.

• Like 1

No such thing. They hyped the market with rumors of a WW2 Battlefield game and then they delivered Inglorious Bastards 2.0

That's disappointment, not the yearly cycle release.

The game has been sliding towards Inglorious Bastards action(good analogy :) ) since after BF2. The WWI game had a chance to go back to the roots and was just another action game, so I doubt anyone is really surprised that BFV is not the next BF1942.

People have been shouting and screaming for a Bad Company 3 for years now and DICE has been kindly avoiding all fan feedback. The Bad Company games were both original and fun, but for some reason, DICE never decided to complete the beloved Bad Company trilogy. :(

I also don't understand how they never released Bad Company 1 on the PC, the SP campaign in that game had an amazing story.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Playstation really does have the best exclusives/games:

It's just announced and we all know it's already good.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbcppLD0Kl0

From the game's website:

Desperados III is a modern real-time tactics game set in a ruthless Wild West scenario.

You take control of a ragtag band becoming a highly functional group of unlikely heroes and heroines. The very different strong personalities struggle to cooperate at first, but ultimately join forces to combine their distinctive specialties and challenge a seemingly superior foe.

• Command up to five Desperados and use their lethal skills to stealthily thin out the enemy rows
  • Approach each mission with a big variety of different solutions and paths
  • Resolve seemingly impossible setups with careful planning and perfectly timed
  • Witness the glory of classic Wild West scenarios by day and night
  • Defeat your foes choosing between deadly and non-lethal options, stealth and blazing guns
  • Adjust the game to your playstyle with various difficulty settings and special replayability challenges

This game is heavily inspired by the first game of the franchise, Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive and is being developed by Mimimi Games.

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

The developer, Mimimi Games, were the folks that made Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, a game I've gushed about on these forums many a time and which was my personal GotY 2016.  It's due for a release sometime in 2019 on PC, PS4, and Xbox 1.  To say that I'm excited about this would be a severe understatement.

• Like 7

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The first-ever BATTLETECH expansion comes complete with three new ‘Mechs (including the highly anticipated Hatchetman), a challenging new mission type, and a new tropical biome, along with its featured namesake, Flashpoints.

Flashpoints are high-stakes branching short stories, comprised of procedural mercenary missions linked together with new crew conversations, special events, critical choices, and valuable rewards. To ramp up the intensity, some Flashpoint stories will feature “Consecutive Deployments” in which players won’t be able to repair their ‘Mechs between missions.

KEY FEATURES

• Flashpoints - Test your command skills in a series of action-packed short stories, completing extended contracts to earn big bonuses

• New Biome - Navigate a lush tropical beach environment, with sunny shores and just a pinch of alien flare, for good measure. Sunscreen optional.

• New BattleMechs - Get your ‘Mech on with the armor-chopping power of the Hatchetman, the speed and versatility of the Crab, and the multi-range firepower of the Cyclops.

• New Encounter - In “Target Acquisition”, you’ll put your light and medium ‘Mechs to good use by taking control of three territories on the map to prevail!

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Shows nothing major, but still has that classic Tom Clancy jingoistic dialogue.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Uuuu that looks like proper Desperados. Hyped.

Uuuu more Battletech is great as well.

And i'm just disappointed i won't get to play the dude that was in New York in Division 2. :(

• Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

-snip-

Shows nothing major, but still has that classic Tom Clancy jingoistic dialogue.

My favorite part of the trailer is at approximately 58 seconds where the female character slides into cover behind a traffic cone.  :lol:

I'm going to give a traffic cone, and I think I'm being generous here, quarter cover at best.  :shifty:

7WCMQDx.png

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Now unto the good trailers:

^It's like Outcast 2.0 (essentially, this was the goal)

And the one we've all been waiting for...

*Be The Chicken* Guacamelee 2.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

^Life Is Strange 2 will be the year's top selling game, hands down.

Just another reason PC eletists will get salty... though it may come to steam later with the usual **** port.

I loved the series as a kid, will love it still today. The anime inclusion just adds depth to the roster.

The real reason to game this year:

Have you ever seen anything so epic? I will speak for all of you: "No. We haven't."

And now the meh...

More meh...

Hey, wel what do ya know, the gameplay actually looks pretty good for these!

(Sarcasm of course, there is no gameplay lulz)

I already posted it^^

The moderators do not like when people spam or repost the same trailer.

40 minutes of Darksiders 3 gameplay

Edited by SonicMage117

Perhaps the most important thing to come out of Gamecon this year. The game Breach is being developed by ex-Bioware devs, I don't think I need to day that we'll be getting better stuff from them now then when Bioware first started or gave us in later years. At the very least it will be interesting.

• Like 1