RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - BATTLE ROYALE

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I just don't see why people are liking this. It looks nothing like the first Rage. This is the Bethsoft Borderlands clone.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

To me, it looks more like a post-apocalyptic Watch Dogs 2 artistically. It has that graffiti/pastel spray-paint look, Lego DC Super Villains is also taking this theme as well. Borderlands, rather, always gave me the "neo-punk pseudo military" vibe in all of their characters. More like Tank Girl than Mad Max in it's delivery.

I liked the first Rage but agree with id software that it lacked life and personality in it's environment/world. Oddly enough all the Borderlands games lack this too so I think that's what Rage 2 is focusing on and I believe that's why it's so different.

From the developers mouth, they say Rage 2 will have a grand scale open world with tons of activities that do not just feel like a quest but rather life in the post-apocalyptic setting. This is something that's never been said before by another dev so I think it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Fallout 4 was minecraft with dog a.i though lol

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

From the developers mouth, they say Rage 2 will have a grand scale open world with tons of activities that do not just feel like a quest but rather life in the post-apocalyptic setting. This is something that's never been said before by another dev so I think it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

This will be nothing but a boring slog, I'm pretty sure. Same as with any other generic (Ubisoft, hurr durr) open world. And please... what developers say... this is nothing but marketing. Always makes me think of Oblivions revolutionary radiant ai. lel.

But whatever, I'm pretty sure some folks will enjoy it, while I simply ignore it.

In other news, new Rome 2 patch and dlc is out. Yay. \o/

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It's like a mix of Rage and Mad Max, with a couple of Saints Row 4 superpowers sprinkled ontop. Of those games I disliked SR4 the most, the other's I really liked. I hope they bring along the hit-location-animation system from the first Rage.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Borderlands couldn't get one thing straight: driving!

...and that's where the comparison ends for me. Rage 2 is nothing like Borderlands and has many things in common with the original Rage, enough to be called a sequel I'd say.

A question to all whiners: did P R E Y have anything in common with the original Prey?!

Oh! I get it, that was a reboot so it's okay!!!

Seriously, if you have the desperate need to hate on something, the Black Ops 4 beta is out and it already got a nerf. :p

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Nope, PREY has little in common with the original. While I don't really give a damn about it, I too think that the game should have been called something else. It probably would have been better for the sales as well, as too many people thought it is related to the original. 

PS: "Hate" is a pretty strong word in these cases. :shrugz:

I just don't see why people are liking this. It looks nothing like the first Rage. This is the Bethsoft Borderlands clone.

It's a fast-paced open world shooter by Avalanche Studios, who also developed Mad Max, which happens to be the only Ubisoft-styled open world game that I've ever really enjoyed.

too many people thought it is related to the original.

I don't think original Prey was that popular, really. It definitely wasn't nearly as good at any rate.

Anyway, if you put aside the fact that the new Prey does actually have original Prey's IP, if I weren't following all of the crap surrounding its acquisition, I'd just think it's one of those games that has the same name like an older game - and that's not exactly rare.

Edited by Fenixp

Avalanche's Mad Max game is so good. The only thing it seemed to lack was a variety of enemies. The world was so empty, guns are awful, things just seemed pointless.... And that's exactly how a post-apocalyptic desert should feel, not to mention the game is beautiful. That sand, those sand-storms, all that physics.... All that glitters is gold, only shootin stars breaks the mow-old.

Perhaps Avalanche wanted to do just the opposite with Rage 2 though, hence doing the whole pastel spray-paint thing and the world filling full of characters.

Edited by SonicMage117

Never finished the Mad Max game, because I found it to be a super boring grind. :D The driving was really fun, but all the minute-to-minute events just kept repeating over and over. The outposts felt all the same, you would approach convoys always the same way, and the story didn't hook me up enough to keep caring. Oh, and stupid as I am, I kept accidentally discharging my weapon with the little ammo in it, because I always forgot which button on the gamepad it was... :>

Not sure what I would have needed to be changed in order to be hooked up to it. But maybe I'm just thinking that way because MGS5 came out at the exact same time, and I bought both games then... and MGS5 just blew me away for a weird reason.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

Looks pretty, shame the music accompanying it was the same crap as last one. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sounds even more stupid than previous Bethouts, well, i dont care, will just drink one for dead brothas once its out again. Try Fallout 1.5 if you didn't, its great.

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"