Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3914 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

That's nice. Mine hasn't left the house. I only play it docked.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2977 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

For some reason I had a strong urge to play Designasaurus.

PS it's a game TN might be interested in :p

Edited by ShadySands, Yesterday, 09:57 PM.

• TrueNeutral likes this

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3489 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer

I have opened yesterday's Dark Soul session with Four Kings attempts. I have played little bit with gear, and found out, that I get lowest damage from them, if I use magic resistance on shield and use also magic resist ring. I have also played with different pyromancies. After three attempts, I found the best combination, and the next one, I defeated them. I found them to be much easier if I block their AoE damage in this setup and allow them sometimes to hit me with their weaker attacks and overheal myself whenever my health get under 50%.

As soon as I have emerge victorious, Darkstalker Kaathe jumped out of the void, and we had small talk. I have accepted his proposition, he teleported me to Firelink Altar, but instead of placing Lordvessel, I have transported back to The Abyss and joined his Covenant. Right after that, I have offered him 30 humanities, which I've farmed before. And it took as long as most of my tries against Four Kings :D

From the souls, I've acquired from them, I bought out the most expensive spell and last ring from Griggs, and now I am waiting until he moves away to search for Big Hat Logan, to continue in his questline further. After that, I've chatted little bit with Frampt, and finally placed the Lordvessel, and unlocked new areas in game. I run some small errands meanwhile, and met again with Knight of Astora, which offered me joining his Covenant, too. I have accepted, for the last covenant trophy, but I have decided to not level it yet, because I need to be level 2 at New Game+, to receive last Miracle for the trophy. So I've promptly left it at Oswald of Carim, and moved on my way to Tomb of the Giants.

I ran fast through The Catacombs, and made another step in Patches and Rhea of Thorolund questlines, while killing both of her hollowed bodyguards. Small talk with Patches after that, sent him to Firelink Shrine, to became new merchant.

Next encounter in line was again with Paladin Leeroy, but this time, he invaded me as a Black Phantom, and his big club, with which he almost two-shotted Pinwheel, used to two-shot me :D (In Illidans words: YOU WERE NOT PREPARED!!!). Next attempt I was more up to the task, and prepared in before the fight the Homing Soulmass spell. Four of them were enough to defeat him, he healed back after the first hit, and one shot was deflected by his shield.

With that job finished, the road to Gravelord Nito was free again. But I have noticed, that I forgot to put 2 more points into Faith before the encounter, which I've needed to use for the smallest weapon with divine damage in my inventory. Oh boy, the adds at Nito will not be much fun. I did not wanted to go back to Anor Londo and farm for 40000 more souls to level up Faith so I chnged my equip to Ring of Fog and Mag DEF ring to mitigate most of his AoE attack, and hope he will use it often. Changed my spell arsenal to most powerful Pyromancies, and went back to him. Ring of Fog did help a little, with his adds attacking little bit later, so they ran very close to him. Thankfully he cast his AoE a lot this time, and with my sky high Magic Defense I could just stay in there with shield up, while he was casting it, and I got like 20-30 damage out of it. Each AoE downed all of his adds for few seconds, and in between these casts, I have just run around Nito and was slowly burning him with my spells to his second death on my first try.

After clearing out the Catacombs, I went back to Undead Parish, to meet saved Rhea, and with all the souls I got from Nito, I bought out all of her spells and Divine Blessing, to continue further in her questline. Today, if i will have some time, I will need to farm another 30 humanities for Quelaags sister, to open up secret passage for Solaire's questline. After that, I can move on my way to Demon Ruins again.

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2580 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk

For some reason I had a strong urge to play Designasaurus.

PS it's a game TN might be interested in :p

Ah yes, I must admit I've made a blind dinosaur just like in the article.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Orchomene