What are you playing right now?

I been steadily getting better at FrostPunk, soon I will actually manage to have a working society of British whiny bitches.

How is that game, anyway ? Heard it was a bit thin, so to speak.

Save scumming a bit in FM as I want to figure out tactics a bit, deciding to play a, what is to me insane, 4-3-3 wide but I still end up losing.  Once I figure out how to smash a 4-2-2-2 I think I'll roll the Swedish league, but that formation is pain as you'll end up with 8 defenders and I'm not exactly rolling with good players.

It's a very brutal but fair Civ manager game; compared to other games from the genre the consequences of your actions come very fast and have long lasting repercussions. You're essentially trying to keep a society running when everything is hanging by a tread. You don't have to deal with things like fighting, diplomacy and the like. The game is entirely about rebuilding society, fighting the weather and figuring out what direction your society will go.(Two choices only, you can be a theocracy or Soviet Russia) I actually enjoy it.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Got back to Warframe and checked out my character, he is still there! :p

Were you expecting your entire inventory cleaned out and your friends list in that game filled with machine-generated names with a long stream of random letters or numbers or ones in Chinese/Cyrillic characters?

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

"first" world connection

1W2IRPX.png

Ouch...

Though I can relate. Game took me about 45 minutes to download so it's not like I'm doing much better here.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

You needed WHOLE 45 minutes to download 33gb?! What kind of backwater village do you live in?

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

**** you all with your download speeds

:p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Got back to Warframe and checked out my character, he is still there! :p

Were you expecting your entire inventory cleaned out and your friends list in that game filled with machine-generated names with a long stream of random letters or numbers or ones in Chinese/Cyrillic characters?

I was talking about Warframe, not Instagram.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I finally got around to finish Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak. Really liked it a lot, even though I did a weird break of 1 year inbetween this playthrough. Shame that it doesn't offer more, especially anything modding or map making... Really, it's like every RTS that can't be modded will be dead within a year (at max) after its release. This just sucks so hard.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I recall someone saying it took them an hour to download 65GB - or was that the 80GB, whatever, I was very envious. I think it took me 4-5 hours. edit - if I had to redownload FFXV+4k pack it'd probably take 6-8 hours).

Hubby's about ready to call ATT and check out their fiber option. Don't even care if it costs more (ATT's high speed+unlimited bandwidth isn't cheap outside of bundle temp-contracts plus we want/need multiple static IP's). I don't need uber fast internet speeds day to day, but when you do want it, you want it.

It won't be long before most AAA games become 100+GB downloads. They need better (or they need to actually use) compression. It's quite ridiculous, really.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If only they still sold games with the form that you could send in to request it in an alternative format, say if you only had a 5.25" floppy drive. About 60000 disks should do it, though inevitably disk #59990 will be bad.

Maybe console games are saving us from truly insane download sizes, if only because publishers won't want to ship games on more than one Blu-ray.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Haha...floppies. :lol:

Maybe console games are saving us from truly insane download sizes, if only because publishers won't want to ship games on more than one Blu-ray.

I think this is likely true. Or at least a main reason. And it wouldn't surprise me if at some point even consoles stop (true) physical versions - they'll just be those physical discs with codes to download.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Haha...floppies. :lol:

I think this is likely true. Or at least a main reason. And it wouldn't surprise me if at some point even consoles stop (true) physical versions - they'll just be those physical discs with codes to download.

And they'll still ship next-gen consoles with a piddly 500GB hard disk.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I started playing Cosmic Star Heroine on Heroine difficulty. Therefore, I am staying clear of the screenshot thread. I like everything but the writing, which I find average. Combat, and music is really good. Graphics aren't bad, either. Combat feels like a mix between Grandia and Chrono Trigger.

It highly depends on the time of day for me. In theory, I have 30 Mbps. In reality that translates to around 4 Mbps during low traffic times and sometimes less than 1 Mbps during peak traffic.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Shuyan Saga.

Completed the game. Got the feeling that it is a port from smartphones, considering that almost all actions are bound to mouse and active abilities' icons located where the right thumb would be. And the game recognizes input rather inaccurately in the "Beat 'em up" mode. A bit better in the duel mode.

Relax ya'll, my internet barely reaches 1 Mbps but I still game!

Yup, took me 24 hours to download Warframe but it's okay.

I miss the times when MMOs would just stream content as you played. It's funny how technology always seems to inevitably move backwards in some aspects...

Hero-U is simply everything I hoped it would be. We really need more adventure-rpg games. But it helps that the Coles just know how to write.

I wish I could expect more of these in the future, but the Coles seemed pretty exhausted by the process.

• Like 6

Relax ya'll, my internet barely reaches 1 Mbps but I still game!

Yup, took me 24 hours to download Warframe but it's okay.

I miss the times when MMOs would just stream content as you played. It's funny how technology always seems to inevitably move backwards in some aspects...

Well, technology needs both money and motivation. When you don't have enough of those you eventually have to tell your grand children how once upon a time you could fly from London to New York in just 3 hours with something called a 'Concord'.

We thought we would be like the Jetsons by the year 2000 but here we are in 2018 and we aren't even close to the Jeffersons yet...

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

We still have that technology and it's advanced thoroughly. Nobody utilizes it anymore. It's expensive to stream games as big as they are now....

Alternatively, we do have "the cloud" which is more or less the same thing. Streaming a gigabyte of uncompressed textures isn't quite the same today as it was then, but even streaming Netflix is more advanced.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Last Dark Souls session was some backtracking to Undead Asylum, where I went for an encounter with Stray Demon. It went much much better than in my first playthrough. I almost got him on my first attempt, but I was to triggerhappy, and got destroyed with his AoE slash before I was able to land my final hit :p

I have also encountered the poor Oscar, who gave me the keys and Estus Flask at the start of the game, who became hollowed.

More spell trading, and upgrading my Uchigatana to Enchanted version with all the souls reaped there, before I went again for Anor Londo. I am not very eager to be there, but my second biggest beef (that damned Silver Knight Archers) was almost eliminated with the Use of Ring of Fog. I could go very close to them, shoot two poison arrows on both of them, and go to make a cup of tea :p I really hate these two **** from my first playthrough, so it absolutely do not bother me to use such a cheese move on them.

Also, it takes little bit longer to kill the Sentries with Enchanted Uchigatana compared to +10 one, but still much easier, than to try to kick them with any other weapon without bleeding effect.

Next in line was the traitor Knight Lautrec. First time, I was unable to kill him, without cheesing him, but this time, I have decided to try "fair" 1vs3 game against him :p Homing Soulmass helped me with defeating his two adds, and without them, he was not much of a challenge anymore.

And that was end of a day for me, just before Ornstein and Smough. Last time, I was unable to defeat them solo, so I had to summon outside help for this boss. I have enough humanities to try out and kill them solo this time, and much better build, but I need to defeat Smough first. Ornstein as a second boss is IMO harder than Smough. We'll see how that goes today.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Unlocked the ability to fuse gems in Shadow Warrior 2. Man, this game keeps getting better and better. It's basically the Borderlands 3 we never got.

It also helps that Lo Wang can be super funny at times, I was shooting baddies the other day and he suddenly screams 'Killing in the name of...!' with his not so serious chinese accent. :lol: