What are you playing right now?

I got Trials Fusion free with PS Plus last month and stashed it for later.  I saw someone playing it on the ol' interwebs today and thought "that looks really fun", so I downloaded it thinking it would be a fun little distraction from my usual more srsbzness gaming.  Turns out, it is indeed really fun, really really really fun.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've been thinking of buying Ghost Recon Wildlands for the same reasons Lexx mentioned. Oh well, I spent this months game money on Lightning Returns, Forza Horizon and Alan Wake. This means no new games till August. :p

I'll probably buy it for the PS4 and comeback here to see if one of you lads wants to coop with me.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Continuing my playthrough of Hollow Knight (Switch) and about 23 hours into it.  Still loving it quite dearly.  I'm right before the final boss finally so I can see my actual percentage when resting now and am told I'm at 82% which I felt to be a good start before really scouring the maps, doing the colliseum, mini-bosses, etc. 

Started a playthrough of Skyrim (Switch) and have finally gone stealth archer, which I actually have never played before and am at level 18 right now after about 10 hours.  Have never completed the game before so I decided this would be the time lol,  we'll see.

Started a new account in Warframe since it's been a couple years since I last played and they're not the easiest to let you reset your account from what I gather, and I wanted to start over.  Only a couple hours in, but enjoying it so far, sooooo many mechanics lol

I think you can replay most quests nowadays (though you can't re-do choices you made, which will only be relevant to quests that didn't exist when you played last I imagine), so there's really no need to start over anymore. So depending on how much you had early you might be setting yourself back quite a bit.

Spent too much time on a second run of Subnautica. Took me forever to find the Vehicle modification console, which made things kind of interesting. And made a second base down over by the 500m Degrassi base. Those suckers just didn't know how to build 'em!

Of course, my Cyclops ran out of power when I left the silent rigging mode on. And I was stuck 500m down! All in all, kind of a failed pointless expedition. But at least when I deconstruct it and rebuild it at the Lost River I know I'll have most of what I need to start that up.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So while co-op games are my jam these days, For the King is a title I had heard of but consciously ignored because I thought it forced you to have a party of three characters, even when playing with just two players. By chance I saw a video of someone playing with just two characters, whereupon I immediately bought the game.

Only played less than an hour so far but it seems a pretty solid diversion, and I don't feel we're shorthanded with just the two characters. Hopefully that remains the case, as I have no idea if the game scales the content to party size.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Sif defeated after number of tries. He was pretty challenging for me at Soul Level 30. I was unable to properly time dodge for one of his attacks, so whenever he performed it, he almost always killed me.

At the end, I somehow managed to somehow learn to dodge it, and put him down to rest. Next step either Hydra in Darkroot Basin or finaly Blighttown. I could use Uchigatana from the merchant, I've unlocked with Forest Hunters for the Hydra fight. I think I give it few tried with my current setup first and go for Uchigatana, if it kills me few times.

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

At least the WftO pet dungeons you make yourself are playable Offline-mode.

...also, the narrator voice talks way too often. Feels like every 5 or so minutes I have to listen to it say one of its corny lines. That volume slider is going down to zero. >.>

When you defeat all the pet dungeons you can play them again using Godmode, which means you can alter any terrain on the fly as you play them and restrict rooms/spells/potions/minions etc. available, or add/remove things/creatures, among other stuff. That's sorta interesting. It warns if you go too crazy it could cause performance/crashes. lol.

Finally figured out how to make it run at 4k on my larger TV. Man do I love gaming on bigger screens now. 27" monitor is just for browsers and non-gaming programs. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

CSH best JRPG since Planetscape Tournament.

Hmm, I've never played Planetscape Tournament, can you get it on GOG or Steam?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

You've never played Planetscape Tournament?  :blink:

Take my advice, Planetscape Tournament 2004 is good, but Planetscape Tournament 99 is easily the best in the series.

• Like 5

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finished Vampyr.  A little disappointed that some of the NPC hints were never found, largely because a lot of the supposed "triggered" spying on them and eavesdropping hints never materialized for me.

Combat tended to be a bit annoying, what with how quickly stamina runs out, and with how switching between multiple foes was tedious.  The weapons also always felt underpowered, so I ended up spamming the vampire powers.

Story was pretty decent.

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Vampyr.  A little disappointed that some of the NPC hints were never found, largely because a lot of the supposed "triggered" spying on them and eavesdropping hints never materialized for me.

Combat tended to be a bit annoying, what with how quickly stamina runs out, and with how switching between multiple foes was tedious.  The weapons also always felt underpowered, so I ended up spamming the vampire powers.

Story was pretty decent.

Some hints were only found after you ate someone.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

CSH best JRPG since Planetscape Tournament.

Those fellas at Zeboyd Games have gotten better and better at making 2D rpgs, eh?

They should totally make a Planetscape Tournament game though, fits their style.

The insurance fraud missions in Saints Row 3 are hilarious.

But, after an hour and a half of seriously progressing our game, my co-op partner decided we had been serious enough (as serious as can be when you run around butt naked and drugged in a building) and we started just gunning down people and demolishing everything in sight with rocket launchers and grenades. It was a glorious blood bath.

No, didn't bother saving the game at that point :grin:

When not killing anything that moves (or doesn't) in SR3, then I have fun playing my noob necromancer in Guild Wars 2. Made it to level 21 and got a few hero points invested in my first specialization (Death Magic). I think I might swap it for Spite though, not quite decided yet :mellow:

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Story was pretty decent.

Some hints were only found after you ate someone.

But there were also some (according to the spoilers I looked up online) that were triggered through those eavesdropping things.  Problem is, they rarely triggered for me.  I think I got maybe 2 or 3 hints all game by triggering those.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Still playing Ghost Recon Wildlands. It's samey, but I haven't burned out on it yet (probably won't play through it, though, as far as I know me).

What I find completely retarded are all the "tips you didn't know" videos on youtube for that game. Every single one of these videos is talking about completely obvious stuff... almost as if there is nothing in this game that you won't know after playing it for an hour or two. Seriously, this game is not rocket science. It's not like MGS5 where you unlock new toys while playing, which can completely change or at least influence the gameplay in a way... which IMO is exactly the problem with Wildland. Yes, there are a bazillion weapons to unlock, but so what? In the end they don't make a difference at all. The tl;dr of everything is - it's mostly a visual change. Camo doesn't seem to matter, enemy patrols don't follow you for longer than half a kilometer, enemy bases don't care about each other (reinforcements are spanwed and not "moved" from outpost to outpost), it all feels just so limited.

Back in the days of MGS5 release, lots of people complained about silly stuff like the fulton extraction or the cardboard boxes, etc. but honest truth-- these things make the game fun. Are they realistic? No. Does it matter to the gameplay? No. The different (mostly overpowered) items, the different buddies, spawning with or without vehicles, it all makes a difference to your playstyle.

Wildlands has nothing like this to offer, which is a real shame. The sandbox is there, but it's lacking in features and interactions.

Ugh, this shouldn't be a rant post originally.. just wanted to mention that youtube thing. But yeah, after I've got that out, this is the problem with the game (for me) and why I think MGS5 is the superior sandbox, even though it is not perfect either for multiple reasons.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 4

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Back in the days of MGS5 release, lots of people complained about silly stuff like the fulton extraction or the cardboard boxes, etc. but honest truth-- these things make the game fun.

Don't forget commanding your horse to poop on the road so that enemy vehicles skid uncontrollably.

• Like 2

WftO: I've decided the Necromancer is my fave minion, mostly for the lulz factor of dropping heroes in the crypt and then watching 8+ Necros all make a mad dash for the place so they can raise ghouls. I installed moongates all over the dungeon and so they all teleport in and it's like a competition to see who can get to more of the crypt-thingies first. Then they wander all over the dungeon with their huge ghoul retinues which is hilarious.

Anyway, still having fun with the Pet Dungeon aspect but just like in DK2 it doesn't take too long before you feel like you're just rebuilding the same dungeon over and over so it may not last much longer. That said, for the $4 I paid for the dlc, I think I got my money's worth (25-30 hours so far) and I may revisit them now and again. Plus the map editor.

Square finally fixed the Offline glitch in FFXV so maybe I can go back to slowly finishing up those dlc's on pc. >.>

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Playing some Playstation 2 games that I played and had sort of fond memories of from when I was younger. I have subsequently discovered that there were virtually no titles from the Playstation 2 that I had played that are worth remembering. Whoops. Instead, I'll try out a couple of games that I never played to begin with, like ICO.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Playing some Playstation 2 games that I played and had sort of fond memories of from when I was younger. I have subsequently discovered that there were virtually no titles from the Playstation 2 that I had played that are worth remembering. Whoops. Instead, I'll try out a couple of games that I never played to begin with, like ICO.

I think I have quite a few very old games with at least moderately fond memories that I'm afraid to replay just for that reason. I like having the fond memories.

• Like 1

Yeah, Hollow Knight is great. It's not as nearly as challenging in terms of combat and platforming second time around, although the map is just as intimidating lol

My first playthrough was around when the game fist released so... as you can imagine, I was taken by surprise with all the changes and new content (thanks to the dlc's).

It's a labor of love made by three people, an indie studio and while nearly everyone who's played it says that it's the best meteoidvania to date (even better than Castlevania Symphony Of The Night & Super Meteoroid) it's hard for me to say exactly what a metroidvania is even so. A platformer with some upgrading, market places, the ability to backtrack? Let's go with that :D

Anywho, Metroidvania seem to be a dozen a dime and while I've played many of the newer marvels, none of them come close to that of which is Hollow Knight!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I think I have quite a few very old games with at least moderately fond memories that I'm afraid to replay just for that reason. I like having the fond memories.

Few years back, I have replayed all my PS2 and PS1 games (having like 12 of them helped a lot with that :p) and I still enjoyed them.

Most of them are just Final Fantasies and Gran Turismo games. Oh and a Godhand from Capcom, one of the most underrated games ever made. So there was very low chance that my fond memories would be stained :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I was watching one of these 'all PlayStation 2 games ever released' videos on YouTube a while ago and I saw a whole lot of games I never knew existed. One of them was this game called 'Chullip'. Looked cute. I'll try that game someday.

I also want to play Drakengard 1 & 2 at some point to get a better understanding of the Nier universe.

Edited by Katphood

I'm attempting a second play through of Vampyr.  It's a bit tough because, other than trying out new "big moment decisions" like who to embrace and who to feed on, it's a bit of a slog.  Story is decent, but not so great to carry me on.  And my good memory always hurts my ability to enjoy the dialogue since I remember everything that's been said the first time through.  There hasn't been a "aha!  I missed that the first time through" moment.

I'll probably push through anyway because I don't have any other games on my radar until the fall.