What are you playing right now?

Played the new build for Phoenix Point.

First attempt was a breeze. It was the standard demo map, which starts you at the edge of the map, so it was easy to have the new vehicle take point and everyone else move up behind it.

Tried a random map next and got deployed right in the centre of the map. That went bad real fast. My sniper kept missing. My heavy was failing to pierce and shred armour. Everyone died. Everyone expect for the aliens that is.

Next random map I won, but only two of the four troopers survived. The mechanic got stuck with the vehicle, tried to dash to cover but the boss monster caught up with him. The heavy was pummeling the boss from afar but not fast enough. After taking out the monster, the sniper had his rifle shot out of his hand and ended up running circles to try and get to a cache or a corpse. The commando had to take the last couple of surviving aliens out by himself. Out of ammo he managed to grab the heavy's machine gun and blast the last alien.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I grabbed Prey while it was still on sale for $15, I just have to now found the time to play it, since I'm in the middle of a second playthrough for The

Witcher 3 (third time through I'm going to be doing new game plus mode) and I also have just started The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel II.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I'm playing Final Fantasy 8 on PC. I really like how this game has characters that actually look like human beings. The semi sci-fi setting is great too. I couldn't get into 9, but I've enjoyed 8 a lot so far. 

FFVIII deserves more love than it gets, if only because of "Don't Be Afraid".

• Like 2

Are people praising FFVIII? Don't make me go get some Cheetos and Mountain Dew so we can have ourselves a good old fashioned cheesy fingered internet argument. I will bust out some overly jpeged image macros and you will know I am for real.

Or I guess I could just accept that people like things I don't. :(

• Like 5
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

People! You are now walking on very thin ice... In before not to long, and you'll start telling us how great NWN and Titanic are, and you'll be on par with Volo!!!

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

People! You are now walking on very thin ice... In before not to long, and you'll start telling us how great NWN and Titanic are, and you'll be on par with Volo!!!

Volourn is not entirely wrong about NWN. The game was a great template for hours of fun. He just confuses fan made content with the original campaign. ;)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I played through NWN many many times, even the original campaign, although Hordes of the Underdark was way better.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

*ahem*..loved NWN1 :p 

Re-installing fallout 4..to do a proper run . Never done anything but main quest..so this time around..gonna try and do everything! 

until Skirt of Sparta come that is...

2798754-5493488779-cad-2.png

• Like 2
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I started playing Prey.  I'm definitely in to it so far.  I get a strong System Shock vibe from the game, which is obviously a compliment.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I started playing Prey.  I'm definitely in to it so far.  I get a strong System Shock vibe from the game, which is obviously a compliment.

It's an underrated gem.

My only issue, and it's more a preference than anything wrong with the game, is I always seemed to have too few ammo.

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It's an underrated gem.

My only issue, and it's more a preference than anything wrong with the game, is I always seemed to have too few ammo.

Craft you old booger, craft!!!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I do?  I just don't find enough material to make ammo for my guns.

Either that or I just waste too many rounds killing enemies.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think Prey is pretty nice, but..... it just doesn't hook me. I haven't finished it yet, because, I don't know. Guess it just means I'm more a fan of Thief-styled games than System Shock, because I'm loving Dishonored (2) and I could replay it all the time, while I can't even finish Prey.

Don't have any problems with the ammo at all, except for that big laser thingy gun which I forgot the name of. Though, I actually like the shotgun the most. Gave it plenty upgrades to make it even better.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

BroForce.

It's like a combination between Super Meatboy and Contra. It's fun when the ceiling isn't collapsing on your head.

I do? I just don't find enough material to make ammo for my guns.

I had the same problem and Fenixp suggested that I should use Stealth to avoid enemies.

I'll get back to it someday.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Phoenix Point has limited ammo, destructible equipment, and body parts with their own hp. As a result it also has loot caches so you can grab whatever you find if a lucky shot has wrecked your machine gun or disabled one arm and you can now only shoot a pistol with your off hand.

That's all nice.

But if the random map has a lot of loot between yourself and the opponents, it makes you wonder if the Firaxis Mission Timer might not be a good idea. Last mission I looted 6 caches before moving on after the initial firefight.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

*ahem*..loved NWN1 :p

Re-installing fallout 4..to do a proper run . Never done anything but main quest..so this time around..gonna try and do everything! 

until Skirt of Sparta come that is...

2798754-5493488779-cad-2.png

~ player.modav carryweight 5000 ;)

Solves part of that issue at least.

I do?  I just don't find enough material to make ammo for my guns.

Well, it really pays to learn which eneimes are weak to what weapons.

But if the random map has a lot of loot between yourself and the opponents, it makes you wonder if the Firaxis Mission Timer might not be a good idea. Last mission I looted 6 caches before moving on after the initial firefight.

Please, no... It's interesting for the occasional mission (like the train one in the first reboot), but get annoying when it's all the time like in XCOM2...

It's an underrated gem.

Really though? No-one on this forum has ever said anything bad about this game (except that whiner on this forum who has never said anything positive about anything ever) and it has a metacritic score of 80+.

I think it's actually overrated on these forums. I bought it because of all the hype on here and I'm underwhelmed. For some reason the entire game feels like one endless scripted event from. You walk from level to level, ever sucking up resources, ever shooting/fighting the same three or four black blob enemy types. Every once in a while the game lets you get more of those level up thingies and you get ever so slightly more powerful. Then it's on to the next level with slightly more powerful enemies (still the same blobs but now in different colours) or the exact same level you just left, but now respawned with those colourful blobs.

There are (almost) no riddles to solve, no clues to find, no puzzles to get stuck on. Just a looong repetitive trek around the spaceship (that might as well have been a hotel.. or Bioshock city.. or any typical gamey indoors environment). The few puzzles there are are so signposted that they don't feel like challenges, just another way for the developer to try to show how clever they are (they aren't).

I'll still complete it, I think, but I don't understand the hype.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I like Prey's atmosphere, the story was predictable but I enjoy that, personally. I didn't like some of the mechanics, I agree with everyone here who says the crafting is uneeded and the low ammo is a problem. My complaint is warranted because of the vast number of spawning enemies especially in the latter parts of the game. Turning into some objects was also unnecessary, comical but I felt the developers could had been more creative or put their efforts elsewhere.

I like the enemy designs, basic but remind me of symbiotic creatures from Spider-Man.

All in all, it wasn't as "cool" as the original Prey but I played this one after seeing Life and it hit the spot and achieved what it intended (I think).

In the end, my review was mixed, I think I had a better time with Alien Isolation, totally different game but ALOT in common no less. I can see why some people would really like it, it's not typical by any means.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I think ammo in Prey is only limited if you can't stop yourself from shooting at everything all the time. :>

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."