What are you playing right now?

Yep. Well, sort of. IIRC, Demon's Souls is the major test/milestone they're working on (no surprise - lots of Soulsborne fans in a similar position to myself who want to play it), so it's the title that works best (so far, AFAIK). The other major exclusives will no doubt get better in time, too (if they haven't/aren't already).

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I see, so it's a case similar to that of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Once it was out a lot of PC gamers found it interesting and were bent on emulating/porting that title. I think there are even mods for it.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Yup Demon's Souls is one of the main "selling" points of the emulator. But it is still far far away from PS2 or PS1 emulation.

The most interesting thing is, that Demon's Souls has high resolution textures on disk, and PS3 downsizes it to 720p. That is not the case for the emulator, which can run it on powerful PC at native 4K.

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I still have not found Ring of Fog though :-/

...Yeah, IIRC, it's basically impossible to find on your own. I surely did not on my first playthrough - but it proved very useful on NG+, especially on my NG7 SL1 run.
I was using similar ring in Demon's Souls, which really helped me during some black phantom NPCs. The only boss which really made me go mad, was False King on NG+, which made me rage quit the game for three years and 8 mpnths :D I was able to kill him only after I watch a lot of videos of his kill :D

Edit: actually Capra Demon in Dark Souls pissed me even more. I rage quit after dozen of attempts for 6 years, 2 months and 3 days according PSNTrophies :D

After I killed him, my experience with game was much better, no rage quit yet :D

Edited by Mamoulian War

Currently playing Crusader Kings 2: grand strategy meets dynasty-based roleplaying in a way that makes the Lannisters look like decent people; Started as duke of the northern part of the non-existant kingdom of Wales in 1066 for a quick game, as I start an abroad internship next sunday.

First crafted claims to get all of Wales in my possession, while helping the english king beat William the conqueror back to France while waiting. Unified the kingdom of Wales and solidified alliance with England by marrying the English king's eldest daughter by about 1074. Fast forward and....

Just finished assassinating all male heirs of the English throne over the last 30 in-game years, so now said daughter inherits, eventually making our son inherit the English throne. Took most of Ireland in the process.

Currently plotting to assassinate the English king, so I won't have to wait too long or risk a new heir being born, while finishing the conquest of Ireland.

Edited by Taevyr
  • Like 1

War for the Overworld - installed it today. Tried the Pet Dungeon. Definitely feels and looks like DK2 and the Pet Dungeon aspect is nice and relaxing per that game. A little more oriented towards the 5x5 square tho, not sure it does the 3x1 wall efficiency thing but maybe depends on the room.

I have no idea what I'm doing outside of the basic dig/build room/attract creatures where most of them I have no idea what they do. What are these Sins the researchers research, skill tree points? And how do I break Brimstone blocks so I can access certain areas. Hm.

Well, if you liked Pet Dungeon, once you figure things out this looks pretty cool. Upgraded, different creatures and skill/trap mechanics. Although I'm not sure if it's "better" than just firing up DK2. Still, at least it's variety. And the graphics are better overall perhaps. I like that there seem to be areas you can't build bridges across/over, forcing roundabout paths.

The map editor might be cool too.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's time for me to get a new warframe in... ahem, Warframe.  I'm currently using Rhino and have it maxed out.  I'll probably hold on to Rhino for future uses as having an incredibly tanky warframe is always going to be useful at times, but, the way gaining mastery rank works in this game, you have to keep leveling different warframes and weapons to progress in MR.  With that in mind, I set out to get the Valkyr warframe.  All of the component blueprints drop from the Alad V boss fight (he always drops 1 of them).  According to the wiki, there is an almost 40% chance of getting either chassis or neuroptics, and a just over 20% chance of getting systems.  Either the percentages in the wiki are wrong (likely outdated) or RNJesus really hated me because it took me 11 tries to get the full set.  I got chassis blueprints 8 times and systems blueprints twice before the neuroptics blueprint finally dropped.  On the bright side, the Alad V boss fight mission is a relatively quick and really easy mission.  Honestly, he's the easiest boss I've fought in the game; maybe it was a product of the gear I had.  Compared to something like the Raptor boss fight, Alad V is almost insultingly easy.  Anyway, I'll have a new warframe in a few days when the foundry finishes assembling it. 

I should also think about getting a new primary weapon as I'm almost done maxing out my Drakgoon flak cannon for the third time.  I've applied 2 formas to it to add polarity to mod slots (when a mod slot is polarized, it only accepts mods of a certain polarity, but said mods have their cost halved), every time you add or change polarity of a slot it resets the weapon or warframe's rank to unranked and you have to level it to 30 all over again.  I'll probably use a 3rd (and likely 4th) forma to add even more polarized slots to Drakgoon in the future, but right now I don't have expensive enough mods to warrant it.  I do have the Gorgon assault rifle, which I began leveling up earlier, but, man, that gun is garbage.  Once it spools up it has a very high rate of fire and a large magazine, but the damage output is so pathetic that the high rate of fire still results in really crappy DPS.  About the only saving grace for the gun is its high critical rate, but the base crit damage multiplier is a paltry 1.5x, meaning that even crits do underwhelming damage.  I guess I'll probably max the Gorgon out just for the sake of mastery rank, but it's not a weapon I can ever see myself using on critical missions.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

And Four Kings down in Dakr Souls. My new Pyromancy Glove+15 helped a ton. I have to low DPS with my weapon, for that fight, so I am happy I left it as a last mandatory boss before Gwyn. Fight was not very hard, because I am pretty high soul level, so I've withstanded few direct hits from them and could spam fire spells on them.

Currently on my way to Crossbreed Priscilla. And then the main boss of the game.

Edited by Mamoulian War

Finished Wolfenstein II.

Great game all around. Some set pieces felt unfair at times but overall the the gameplay is still great. I also enjoyed the cinematics and thought they were done with much love and care.

Though I have to admit something: the 'kill these 2 commanders, get their enigma codes and proceed to the next level' formula was starting to get old towards the end of the game. I hope Machine Games does something new with Wolfenstein: The Young Blood and the inevitible Wolfenstein III.

I am playing The Witcher, more or less for the first time. I have tried getting into it a few times through the years but never got past Chapter 2 -- I always lost interest and dropped my playthrough around 2/3 through that chapter, and because of this I also never got into the sequels... because I am one of those players who can't just start in the middle or final chapter of a game series :unsure:

But now I have the enhanced / GotY editions of all three games on GOG and I am fully committed to playing through the entire series. I am nearing the end of Chapter 3 in TW and I am enjoying it. Chapter 2 was still a mess, and buggy too -- I got a major plot twist spoiled because a quest state updated too early* -- but Chapter 1 and 3 were solid with some very cool moments. I like the setting a lot and I am enjoying the alchemy system and the focus on preparation / gathering information on monsters, herbs and ingredients. The story and Geralt's motivation for chasing down Salamandra is fine, and the backdrop of the larger conflict between the Order and the Scoia'tael is interesting, with likeable characters on both sides.

IMO the story did get a bit confusing and muddled for a while in Chapter 2, mostly due to the investigation quests which, though conceptually cool, seem quite buggy when not completed in the order the game apparently expects you to. I also didn't like the Mysterious Tower quest all that much -- having to get 10 of the same mcguffin is just way too much, and I felt that a lot of the stuff connected to that quest (though, again, conceptually cool) involved too much running back and forth between locations both in the swamp and Vizima, slowing the game's pacing down to a crawl.

I like the monster hunting contracts, and the boss fights, though not necessarily mechanically interesting, are cool mostly due to the excellent sword fighting animations. I also like how certain areas are not fully accessible / revealed on your first visit and then allow further exploration later on (The Sewers come to mind).

The way the game uses delayed C&C is very nice, and the art sequences accompanying the "consequence reveals" are cool. All in all, despite the weak second chapter, it seems a very solid CRPG and I am looking forward to the next few chapters and The Witcher 2 after that.

The quest log told me Azar Javed was impersonating Raymond before I found Raymond's body or any other proof of Raymond not being himself.

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

I noticed that I had Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth in my Steam library and decided to give it a go. No disappointed! No compatibility issues with windows 10, game runs fine, videos work and there is even widescreen support without the need of any mods or fixes. Basically, it works straight out of the box, something which is quite rare with older games on Steam.

I am liking it btw, graphics are old but the attention to detail is still amazing and the atmosphere is spot on.

Does the Steam version come with the fan balancing patch? This game can get super unplayable, with timed events that require 100% flawless execution.

• Like 1

Problem with the game is that it runs slower / faster depending on your FPS. For example, on a slower PC, the hotel escape scene can become impossible to beat due to timing issues.

Other than that and a few other issues, I also like the game quite a lot.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Heroes Rise: The Hero Project

Heroes Rise: The Prodigy was pretty interesting, not as good as Fallen Hero, but it eventually hooked me. I'm enjoying these enough that they've been my major bunch of purchases over the sale.

Also I won Sundered. Had my eye on that, so pretty excited.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I noticed that I had Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth in my Steam library and decided to give it a go. No disappointed! No compatibility issues with windows 10, game runs fine, videos work and there is even widescreen support without the need of any mods or fixes. Basically, it works straight out of the box, something which is quite rare with older games on Steam.

I am liking it btw, graphics are old but the attention to detail is still amazing and the atmosphere is spot on.

Does the Steam version come with the fan balancing patch? This game can get super unplayable, with timed events that require 100% flawless execution.

Woah, first time I am hearing that. Not sure, gotta play a little bit more.

Pffft, I knew this was too close for comfort...  :banghead:

Just played through The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit. It's a short demo / prequel to Life is Strange 2, and it is free. Found out about it this morning. It's... a bit boring, but I still like it. Probably going to preorder LiS2 either way. I just hate the damn episodic release plan... always when you're really into it, the chapter ends and you gotta wait 3 months.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

On Vista Call of Cthulhu had an issue with invisible sorcerers on a beach; I got past this part only by playing it on a XP machine then hauling over the savefile.

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

After defeating Crossbreed Priscilla, I have finally decided to go against the Gwyn. Man, was I surprised how fast he killed me :( I changed in middle of the game into Vit/Dex build and I thought, that I have finally learned how to be better at the game. It helped me a lot against all other bosses, but after 10 or more tries, I was just unable to make more than 25% damage to him, before he completely destroyed me :( My Soul Level at the time was 85 and I have even upgraded my crimson armor to +4, and still no luck.

I have then again decided to try my luck and restored human form, and search for a summon sign. I was lucky and found one guy, right at the start of the Kiln. Two people against Gwyn was just short execution. I burned him with pyromancy, while he was tanking him. As my first end, I have decided to choose Dark Lord ending. Gwyn needed to be replaced :p

Amazing game. All in all this run took me almost 78 hours :o

I will try to finish my Platinum with Prepare to Die Edition and another character, probably more caster type than this one. Two bosses were really impossible for me when playing solo :(

• Like 1

It's time for me to get a new warframe in... ahem, Warframe.  I'm currently using Rhino and have it maxed out.  I'll probably hold on to Rhino for future uses as having an incredibly tanky warframe is always going to be useful at times, but, the way gaining mastery rank works in this game, you have to keep leveling different warframes and weapons to progress in MR.  With that in mind, I set out to get the Valkyr warframe.  All of the component blueprints drop from the Alad V boss fight (he always drops 1 of them).  According to the wiki, there is an almost 40% chance of getting either chassis or neuroptics, and a just over 20% chance of getting systems.  Either the percentages in the wiki are wrong (likely outdated) or RNJesus really hated me because it took me 11 tries to get the full set.  I got chassis blueprints 8 times and systems blueprints twice before the neuroptics blueprint finally dropped.  On the bright side, the Alad V boss fight mission is a relatively quick and really easy mission.  Honestly, he's the easiest boss I've fought in the game; maybe it was a product of the gear I had.  Compared to something like the Raptor boss fight, Alad V is almost insultingly easy.  Anyway, I'll have a new warframe in a few days when the foundry finishes assembling it. 

I should also think about getting a new primary weapon as I'm almost done maxing out my Drakgoon flak cannon for the third time.  I've applied 2 formas to it to add polarity to mod slots (when a mod slot is polarized, it only accepts mods of a certain polarity, but said mods have their cost halved), every time you add or change polarity of a slot it resets the weapon or warframe's rank to unranked and you have to level it to 30 all over again.  I'll probably use a 3rd (and likely 4th) forma to add even more polarized slots to Drakgoon in the future, but right now I don't have expensive enough mods to warrant it.  I do have the Gorgon assault rifle, which I began leveling up earlier, but, man, that gun is garbage.  Once it spools up it has a very high rate of fire and a large magazine, but the damage output is so pathetic that the high rate of fire still results in really crappy DPS.  About the only saving grace for the gun is its high critical rate, but the base crit damage multiplier is a paltry 1.5x, meaning that even crits do underwhelming damage.  I guess I'll probably max the Gorgon out just for the sake of mastery rank, but it's not a weapon I can ever see myself using on critical missions.

Congratulations, you just discovered what we mean with "mastery fodder" ;) The Gorgon used to be awesome I hear, before I started playing, so yeah, that's over 5 years of neglect on this weapon and it's only gone from "meh" to absolutely terrible in that time. Which is a shame as the thing sounds pretty good imho. For assault rifles I guess the Soma is still a pretty good allrounder with great precision.

For shotguns, if you don't have it yet: try the Hek. The Hek is just death incarnate to anything on the star chart and if you can get your hands on the augment, it gets even better. I love the Hek.

So I've been playing more Warframe lately as well. I built a new Amp that should allow me to be less of a liability while hunting Eidolons, need to level that up so I can Gild it to unlock its full potential.

I also built my second Zaw (Zaws are custom built melee weapons) which is a heavy scythe with pretty insane range, just ranked it up, now I need to Gild it then rank it up again and then I'll see how it actually performs (it will likely need some forma too) but I'm counting on large range death and destruction.

I've also been taking my Saryn (Saryn's been my goto frame ever since I first got her, well before her first rework) into Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, seeing the whole map light up with toxin damage ticks never gets old, it has something magical like blinking Christmas tree lights...of death ;)

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

^ Yeah, I do have the Hek shotgun.  It's a great weapon, though as far as shotguns go, I still prefer the Drakgoon overall.  Hek can do greater single target damage, but for clearing out large groups of enemies quickly I've yet to find anything that tops the Drakgoon flak cannon.  The Drakgoon has less than stellar impact and puncture damage, but with mods it's generally enough to tear through targets' shields and armor anyway, and its insanely high slash damage destroys enemies' health.  I modded it to also do very high blast and electricity damage, so it pretty much obliterates everything.  Granted, I'm still scratching the surface of this game (weird thing to say some 40 to 50 hours in), so I haven't tried a quarter of the weapons and haven't even seen the high tier mods and augments yet.  

The Gorgon's biggest problem is very low slash and puncture damage.  It has decent impact damage, allowing it to tear through shields relatively quickly, but it struggles mightily against armor and health.  I suppose I could cover for that by getting a sidearm that does high puncture damage, so once I destroy a target's shields I can switch to the sidearm to finish them off.  Ideally, I like weapons that have a good mix of damage types, allowing that weapon to be effective against all enemy types.

I'm debating picking up Prey.  $15 seems like too good a deal to pass up.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

War for the Overlord - seemingly can't access/play subbed Workshop pet dungeon maps if you're not Steam-Online, which is bogus.

I give the game points for really trying to emulate DK2 but a couple things from my only-played-some-pet-dungeons perspective:

--the skills/sins/whatever are too many. One of the fun things about the DK series, imo, was its overall simplicity in a fast-paced silly RTS. Looking through all the Skils/Sins, I wonder when I would use all of them outside of scripted campaign moments perhaps. All these spells and summons and very specific utility things - I dunno, it feels too "busy for the sake of busy." But some may like that it is so.

--I don't find it charming or funny like in the originals. The narrator tries with jokes and puns, but I mean the creatures themselves. Not charming, not funny. They're just there.

Still, it's always fun to design a dungeon and there are some things that improved, like instead of a Casino to try to manage minions to spend gold (which was glitchy/would stop working), they spend gold on higher-level food vs. eating straight from a hatchery. Drops on the floor tile and minions (eventually) grab it, no management required. Little things like that.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Shadow Complex Remastered which is awesome, without a doubt one of the best metroidvania games I have ever played. Graphics might not be top of the line but the gameplay and the level design feels very satisfying. It's just...fun!

On Vista Call of Cthulhu had an issue with invisible sorcerers on a beach; I got past this part only by playing it on a XP machine then hauling over the savefile.

You know, I was wondering if I should just play the game on my OG Xbox. Man, consoles are such a bad thing to own...right up until the moment where your game(which you have bought with your -not so hard earned- money) stops working on the latest version of Windows.

Consoles are not the result of evolution, god brought them into this world, for a reason. :grin:

• Like 1

I'm playing Final Fantasy 8 on PC. I really like how this game has characters that actually look like human beings. The semi sci-fi setting is great too. I couldn't get into 9, but I've enjoyed 8 a lot so far. 

Edited by Multihog
  • Like 2

WftO: Discovered if I cast the Prophecy spell (akin to the sightseeing spell in DK1 and 2) it spikes RAM usage by around half a GB per use and does not release it (whether just not fast enough or never, not sure) so I can fill up my 24 RAM in less than a couple dozen casts and game crashes. If you use it a little then save/exit game, memory releases then and you can start and load to continue etc.

I don't mind not using the spell much or at all each play session but yeah ... that's a bit off-putting. I haven't noticed other spells doing that but I haven't tried them all. Also, the game takes forever to load to main menu (as bad as or worse than FFXV) and menu hitches around a bit before settling down, at least on my rig. Gameplay performance is ok over 2-3 hours, CPU use is moderate (40-50% on my i7-920).

• Like 1

I finished the Heroes Rise trilogy. Lots of fun on that one. It was a bit too gamey for my tastes, constantly telling me about points and scores, with guides for perfect legend scores, and the third title going so far as to tell you about bonus power ups you can get if you take certain choices. What kind of interactive novel has freaking collectibles? Anyway, I only ran across two so it wasn't that bad, just annoying.

What was more intrusive was it constantly telling me about my health and power scores. Or regain points. Or you get a bonus because of your unleash score!

It was good aside from that, but geeze does it need to lay off it a bit.

I find myself sorely tempted to do a second playthrough of Subnautica. Since I know where everything is already I figure it should take as long. And I'd like to do a run where I build multiple bases instead of just the one.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."