What are you playing right now?

ehh you just kill someone without him noticing you during the act? (maybe poison for example?)

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Protip: In D2, as opposed to D1 (at least back in the good? old days), you can check if somebody's been killed by your character at any point in time during any act playthrough by entering the option menu and check "Stats". Do that often, and then you don't have to get nasty surprises like this.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

i play non lethal, painstakingly putting bodies in "safe" places

i even reload when one sleepdarted idiot stumbles over a ledge

You're an unlicensed anaesthesiologist using non specific doses on whoever you come across no matter their weight or susceptibility or whether or not they are taking incompatible medications and I bet the sleeping agent has not had any sort of rigorous scientific testing either- some anaesthetic toxicity and adverse reaction is to be expected. I for one appreciate Arkane putting this feature into their game as it widens awareness of this very real problem.

• Like 3

i play non lethal, painstakingly putting bodies in "safe" places

i even reload when one sleepdarted idiot stumbles over a ledge

Do you have fun?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I wouldn't go to those lengths for a game I don't very much like, but I've played through all of Shadow of Chernobyl using only the knife and a Makarov. Masochistic gimmicks can sometimes be fun if you like the game enough. (e): And I played through Metro 2033 using only throwing knives. I discovered after many hours of testing that the safest and most consistent way to kill somebody with a throwing knife is hitting them square in their backpacks. The backpack must be holding their spine together or something.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

That happened to me with Deus Ex: Human Revolution. All that patience and waiting for absolutely nothing. :(

I think I used a gas grenade at some point and some dude/dudete fell asleep and fell off a ledge or something. Someday I'll replay that game and this time I will go full John Rambo on the game.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm still quite proud of my 100% pacifist ghost run of DX:MD. I admit it took a bit of save scumming. The final boss fight was probably the hardest part of the game to ghost.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

lol how did this happen

EEZ0c0Z.png

still same nonsense as Cishonored 1

What difficulty are you playing on? ;)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

You became another victim of capitalism :D

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

There's going to be something in the future. Either Last of Us 2 or Red Dead 2. Well, at least I'm going to buy new hardware for these titles. Though, I'd rather take the xbrick because of the gamepad, tbh.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

They had FIFA 18 for a tenner so I went for that. Plus an extra controller for $40. Could definitely get used to Amazon sales.

Cheapest the XboneX has been here is $520 so it's no contest at the moment.

(All prices in AUD, so take of a quarter for USD)

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

More Dark Souls yesterday. Unfortunately, I have failed my quest to beat Smough and Ornstein solo :( After spending 12 Humanities trying to beat them with Solaire tanking, I gave up, and summoned real player. First two attempts failed as well, because I somehow ended up in corner with no chance to run away from Smough Hammer.

Anyway, last attempt went pretty good, and even though my partner was not prepared for Ornstein in phase 2, he started to tank Smough with no damage doing to him, but thankfully he did notice, that I am trying to make some damage on Smough while running away from Ornstein and he slowly killed him while I was aggroing Ornstein all over the place :p 

Phase 2 was pretty long, we both run around like headless chickens, because Ornstein changed his primary target a lot, and no one was able to put more than one hit on him, before need to run away, while the second one was trying to get the aggro back on him again :) After that I can say, that this fight can be challenging also for party of two.

After that, I bought out some NPC merchants, especially Big Hat Logan (I spent on him all of my souls), because soonish after acquiring Lordvessel, he leaves Firelink, and teaches another NPC, his spells. So if you buy him out, you can get the second copy of his two most powerful spells from his apprentice. Having two sets of Homing Soulmass and Soul Spear, is very useful.

As my preparation for 4 Kings and Darkwraith covenant, I went to The Depths again, to farm 35 humanities. Pretty boring, but it is the only way, how to get all items, and still be able to talk with Frampt. After that, I have done also few attempts on 4 Kings, but somehow, I am not able to defeat them with soul level 50. I have defeated them in my first playthrough with probably SL 70 or so. After getting asskicked few times by them, i have decided to go again to Catacombs and go after Pinwheel, this time, with the help of Paladin Leeroy NPC summon. He almost two-shotted the boss :o

I have also tried my luck against Hellkite Dragon over Undead Burg bridge, and with maxing my Fire Res with shield and ring, I got very low fire damage, unless he hit me from behind, where I still got one-shotted, lol. But after three or four attempts, I have found a way, how to prevent it, and slice his ass with my Enchanted Uchigatana +1 and Homing Soulmass.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm back to playing that old familiar game called Nothing. :/

Why do I always end up loving games that have almost no similar other games (there still has been nothing even remotely similar to Borderlands, for example).

Over the years, Diablo clones up the wazoo....that's about it.

I'm almost tempted to buy House Flipper. :p

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Impulse-bought a PS4 Pro as part of Amazon AU's first-ever Prime Day, for $379AUD (~$280USD) it seemed too good to pass up.

I have nothing to play on it though. Oh god what have I done?

Let it Die. Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm back to playing that old familiar game called Nothing. :/

Why do I always end up loving games that have almost no similar other games (there still has been nothing even remotely similar to Borderlands, for example).

Over the years, Diablo clones up the wazoo....that's about it.

I'm almost tempted to buy House Flipper. :p

That's the main gripe with infinity engine games and open world games as well. Their way too familiar.

Every other genre pretty much has games which seperate themselves. And yes, I labeled Infinity Engine games as their own genre :p

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I'm still quite proud of my 100% pacifist ghost run of DX:MD. I admit it took a bit of save scumming. The final boss fight was probably the hardest part of the game to ghost.

Using his killswitch is too tempting, must be very hard to get the best ending due to the time limit when doing it a pacifist way, I would imagine.

Why be pacifist in a game anyway ? Naked force is, and always has been, the solution to all problems :p

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Omni Link mostly. Which is a indie VN/spaceship game. It is probably the lowest quality game I've not given up on after only 30 minutes, to be honest, and it's very obvious it's all made by one guy. The story is pure wankery with the main character running into beautiful women who all fall in love with him despite him being kind of a dip. It's also filled with typos and needs a good editor. But the art is simply fantastic and I enjoy the simple mechanics for the starship.

It's clearly a passion project and it kind of shows. Like a good B-movie.

Edit: And Sundered, too. Interesting Metroidvania with lots of combat. The combat's getting repetitive though. And I'm practically getting lost running through the dungeon at this point trying to find where I'm supposed to go next.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Got Octopath Traveler in the mail. It was less delayed than I feared. Time to boot up the Switch, if I actually have some time to play.

Bought a switch on release (I'm an unabashed fanboy of Nintendo handhelds). Didn't get much use out of it until I started work at my new job. Now I play it daily on my commute.

• Like 1