What are you playing right now?

I have opened yesterday's Dark Soul session with Four Kings attempts. I have played little bit with gear, and found out, that I get lowest damage from them, if I use magic resistance on shield and use also magic resist ring. I have also played with different pyromancies. After three attempts, I found the best combination, and the next one, I defeated them. I found them to be much easier if I block their AoE damage in this setup and allow them sometimes to hit me with their weaker attacks and overheal myself whenever my health get under 50%.

As soon as I have emerge victorious, Darkstalker Kaathe jumped out of the void, and we had small talk. I have accepted his proposition, he teleported me to Firelink Altar, but instead of placing Lordvessel, I have transported back to The Abyss and joined his Covenant. Right after that, I have offered him 30 humanities, which I've farmed before. And it took as long as most of my tries against Four Kings :D

From the souls, I've acquired from them, I bought out the most expensive spell and last ring from Griggs, and now I am waiting until he moves away to search for Big Hat Logan, to continue in his questline further. After that, I've chatted little bit with Frampt, and finally placed the Lordvessel, and unlocked new areas in game. I run some small errands meanwhile, and met again with Knight of Astora, which offered me joining his Covenant, too. I have accepted, for the last covenant trophy, but I have decided to not level it yet, because I need to be level 2 at New Game+, to receive last Miracle for the trophy. So I've promptly left it at Oswald of Carim, and moved on my way to Tomb of the Giants.

I ran fast through The Catacombs, and made another step in Patches and Rhea of Thorolund questlines, while killing both of her hollowed bodyguards. Small talk with Patches after that, sent him to Firelink Shrine, to became new merchant.

Next encounter in line was again with Paladin Leeroy, but this time, he invaded me as a Black Phantom, and his big club, with which he almost two-shotted Pinwheel, used to two-shot me :D (In Illidans words: YOU WERE NOT PREPARED!!!). Next attempt I was more up to the task, and prepared in before the fight the Homing Soulmass spell. Four of them were enough to defeat him, he healed back after the first hit, and one shot was deflected by his shield.

With that job finished, the road to Gravelord Nito was free again. But I have noticed, that I forgot to put 2 more points into Faith before the encounter, which I've needed to use for the smallest weapon with divine damage in my inventory. Oh boy, the adds at Nito will not be much fun. I did not wanted to go back to Anor Londo and farm for 40000 more souls to level up Faith so I chnged my equip to Ring of Fog and Mag DEF ring to mitigate most of his AoE attack, and hope he will use it often. Changed my spell arsenal to most powerful Pyromancies, and went back to him. Ring of Fog did help a little, with his adds attacking little bit later, so they ran very close to him. Thankfully he cast his AoE a lot this time, and with my sky high Magic Defense I could just stay in there with shield up, while he was casting it, and I got like 20-30 damage out of it. Each AoE downed all of his adds for few seconds, and in between these casts, I have just run around Nito and was slowly burning him with my spells to his second death on my first try.

After clearing out the Catacombs, I went back to Undead Parish, to meet saved Rhea, and with all the souls I got from Nito, I bought out all of her spells and Divine Blessing, to continue further in her questline. Today, if i will have some time, I will need to farm another 30 humanities for Quelaags sister, to open up secret passage for Solaire's questline. After that, I can move on my way to Demon Ruins again.

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

That's nice. Mine hasn't left the house. I only play it docked.

I’m about 80% handheld and 20% docked overall I think. Lately playing more Hollow Knight ad I’ve bumped the completion up to 86% and still loving exploration. Going to probably pick up Ghost 1.0 since I really like the developer and the work they put into the game and then play the waiting game till the end of the month when Titan Quest comes out for the switch.

• Like 1

I have played little bit with gear, and found out, that I get lowest damage from them, if I use magic resistance on shield and use also magic resist ring.

That's weird. I would've figured you'd take the lowest amount of damage if you just don't get hit at all. :biggrin:

@Ring of Fog & Nito: Yeah, you have to stay on the half of the map opposite to the additional skeletons if you want to avoid aggroing them. It can be a little difficult when Nito does his big mega blast spell and you get caught in a bad position, though.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Taking on a Wraith in Hero-U was quite a challenge. Crazy thing about tgis game is how few hints there are about how to proceed. It feels like an old school adventure because I have to puzzle stuff out myself.

• Like 1

Fm2018, I finally got players that can work with a 4-2-3-1 formation, figure this will work well at least to help shatter the 4-2-2-2 defensive teams I come up against.  Is annoying that I can't get star players who are out of contract just because they think Sweden is not a good career move (really, Kaka turned me down...).

Also WoW patch 8.0 is live, should be interesting changes to the GCD, threat generation (apparently tanking while require work) and other stuff.  Not sure why first aid was moved to tailoring though.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Defiance re-launch is crap. Stay away.

Is it much different from how it was before? I played it a bit after launch but I never felt I was making any progress so I eventually dropped it

They broke the free skill tree into four dedicated classes.

That is basically all they did.

The lag is very bad. Unplayably bad.

And they didn't fix any bugs. They didn't fix any graphic problems, even though the re-launch was supposed to be due to an overhaul to make the game compatible with modern consoles. So it includes some telltale minor issues such as cosmetic items in the cash shop overwriting your character's hair colour. Yes, it has no gameplay effect, but if you take real cash for cosmetic vanity items, and those then don't work, you took money for a defect product and don't get to say that for 5 years that has not been deemed important enough to fix. It means as a company you aren't trustworthy.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

The Defiance re-launch is crap. Stay away.

I remember that game had the worst lag I've ever seen in gaming history.  I'd joint a public event and nothing would happen for half an hour, then suddenly the event would be over and I'd miss out on the rewards.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I have played little bit with gear, and found out, that I get lowest damage from them, if I use magic resistance on shield and use also magic resist ring.

That's weird. I would've figured you'd take the lowest amount of damage if you just don't get hit at all. :biggrin:@Ring of Fog & Nito: Yeah, you have to stay on the half of the map opposite to the additional skeletons if you want to avoid aggroing them. It can be a little difficult when Nito does his big mega blast spell and you get caught in a bad position, though.
I still need to Git Gud, to not get hit by bosses :p So I need to improvise with good gear my lack of dodging skills :p

Actually Nito’s Megablast with MagDEF ring and Crest Shield hit me for about 80 damage when holding block, so I did not need to run around his arena at all :) at Soul Level 52 or so.

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Fm2018, I finally got players that can work with a 4-2-3-1 formation, figure this will work well at least to help shatter the 4-2-2-2 defensive teams I come up against.  Is annoying that I can't get star players who are out of contract just because they think Sweden is not a good career move (really, Kaka turned me down...).

Also WoW patch 8.0 is live, should be interesting changes to the GCD, threat generation (apparently tanking while require work) and other stuff.  Not sure why first aid was moved to tailoring though.

I haven't kept up with BfA development at all since I have no plans to get back into WoW in the near future. First Aid removal is about 5 expansions overdue though. :p

To be honest, the constantly manufactured conflict just isn't a theme that appeals to me anyway. Had a quick look at what major changes are in 8.0 and I'm not really seeing anything particularly impactful. I'll keep an eye out for what my old guild's doing I suppose.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Finished all the trials in Shadow Warrior 2 and got a gold trophy for it. Yay!

Wasn't all that hard though, I am playing the game on the Normal difficulty.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

PS4 arrived but the bundle code is missing. It's just some stuff for Fortnite - a game I have no intention of playing - but my principles dictate that I should chase this up. I'm anticipating both Amazon and Sony trying to palm me off to each other though, bleh.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I haven't kept up with BfA development at all since I have no plans to get back into WoW in the near future. First Aid removal is about 5 expansions overdue though. :p

To be honest, the constantly manufactured conflict just isn't a theme that appeals to me anyway. Had a quick look at what major changes are in 8.0 and I'm not really seeing anything particularly impactful. I'll keep an eye out for what my old guild's doing I suppose.

Heresy, first aid is a very handy skill, both in PvE and PvP, hard to use but is one of those things that it's always worth a try - especially when bubbling as a pally, why waste mana in that instance. Just odd to move it to tailors, but I guess that'll be something I can sell.

Storywise, they say this is to resolve the Horde-Alliance conflict, not sure what that means, maybe they will do Cataclysm 2.0 :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Heresy, first aid is a very handy skill, both in PvE and PvP, hard to use but is one of those things that it's always worth a try - especially when bubbling as a pally, why waste mana in that instance. Just odd to move it to tailors, but I guess that'll be something I can sell.

Storywise, they say this is to resolve the Horde-Alliance conflict, not sure what that means, maybe they will do Cataclysm 2.0 :p

I don't think I've bandaged myself since Vanilla. Gotta have those bandages, Whipper Root Tuber and Night Dragon's Breath since obviously priest mana is far too valuable to waste on rogues. :ninja: Been hard to justify filling up my always-too-full bag space since then. Granted, I haven't PvPed since, like, 2008.

WoW's faction model is viable because of the sheer size of the playerbase, but it often feels like they have to go out of their way to continue justifying that design in spite of the story direction. Bit of cart-pulling-the-horse about it these days.

The worst thing about the split is arguably how many other MMOs blindly copied the same model, resulting in both factions of their much-smaller games being complete graveyards of people who can't play alongside each other. The games might have failed anyway, but it certainly would accelerate the death spiral. Just desserts perhaps, but it boggles the mind that developers of a new game in a saturated niche could think that splitting their players and not letting them meaningfully interact with each other is a good idea.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Same, First Aid's been a pointless waste of cloth for years.

I've used it often in PVP, but less in Legion and WoD than before, seems in Legion mana is infinite even when in PvP. Ah well, as usual I am a minority in WoW :p

The worst thing about the split is arguably how many other MMOs blindly copied the same model, resulting in both factions of their much-smaller games being complete graveyards of people who can't play alongside each other. The games might have failed anyway, but it certainly would accelerate the death spiral. Just desserts perhaps, but it boggles the mind that developers of a new game in a saturated niche could think that splitting their players and not letting them meaningfully interact with each other is a good idea.

If you want PvP in a game like most of them, you'll need factions to drive it, though you can work around that I'd imagine via merc companies or something else. Not sure that would really effect much of a MMORPG's death, though. Is it a problem to just play the same faction as your friends and just have alt for the other side ?

If you want PvP in a game like most of them, you'll need factions to drive it, though you can work around that I'd imagine via merc companies or something else. Not sure that would really effect much of a MMORPG's death, though. Is it a problem to just play the same faction as your friends and just have alt for the other side ?

Or you do it the EQ2 way: have two factions for story purposes but let the players play together during general gameplay. Enemy faction NPCs are KOS but players can do whatever they want (which made some quests interesting as you might have to hike through an enemy capital to help someone or run into NPCs that are hostile to only some in your group).

You can even betray your faction (which means losing your class: going from Good to Evil, for example, a Warden would become a Fury) and there's even a hub for people in between factions (or you can just stay factionless, though I never did the betrayal thing so the specifics of it I don't know either. It's a huge rep grind, that much I know)... The betrayal thing wouldn't be relevant in WoW due to how they just have the same classes on both sides nowadays, in EQ2 otoh it is the only way to have a Dark Elf Warden (since Dark Elves are an Evil race so can't pick warden on character creation).

I don't remember how PvP worked, but having it faction based wouldn't be such a big deal though given how both factions had different classes it would be an interesting balance exercise. Mercenary companies, as you suggest, would also work. Or the Guild Wars 2 way: World vs World (which would translate to Realm vs Realm in WoW-speak) would be an interesting way to go for a game with the population to sustain such a thing.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

If I understood 'WvW' correctly in GW2 (Haven't tried it, not into PVP), it's server versus server PVP, so not really "factions". Nice idea. Supposedly can involve hundred of players fighting.

Speaking of GW2, it's what I play most these days. Played seven different classes up to level 10 and decided to stick with Necromancer, Warrior and Ranger. Seems the most noob friendly classes for beginners like me to learn

(edit: my necromancer is at level 26, trying hard to get to 30 and see what 'Dungeons' are all about)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein