Everything posted by Wormerine
-
The 5 person party and remedial cases.
Wormerine replied to prototype00's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)I would pay 25 more dollars then regular price for a true fallout 2 turn based pillars or deadfire. However, thats not the issue. They just cheesed out of the problem instead of actually fixing it. One character might not be worth that much but cutting content to fix an issue should be the last step not the first.I wouldn’t mind a turnbased RPG either, but it’s not a turnbased title. Even so turn based RPGs tend to have less characters under your control (fallouts1, divinitites4) and taking 10 minutes to go through a turn can be daunting even if choices are limited, So without changing the game’s genre, what would be considered by you a not “cheesed out” of the problem. Beoroer suggested reducing active skills as that is what is making PoE more hectic that IE which is point&click and see number roll. No content was cut as far as we know.
-
The 5 person party and remedial cases.
Wormerine replied to prototype00's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)Well, you can't rotate isometric view. To make it rotatable you need to create full 3d world. and then you run into an issue of obstructing view, which means that you can't ignore it. I didn't play Exanima though every game I can think of which was top down and was full 3d suffered from it. Even if they stop doing prerendered background in the future, I would still prefer if they stick to locked isometric view - it just makes game easier to play and I don't see an appeal in being able to move the screen upside down.
-
The 5 person party and remedial cases.
Wormerine replied to prototype00's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)Would do the complete opposite? Make exporation and combat more of a pain in the butt? Frankly, if you go for the top down perspective, the game should be playable without flipping the entire world upside down all the time. I got Dvinity: Dragon Commander for free a while ago and booted it up recently. Wow, the camera might make me not boot it up ever again.
-
The 5 person party and remedial cases.
Wormerine replied to prototype00's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)KOTOR had this, so I assume the same here.Yeah, personally I felt like those “you recruit everyone but not everyone goes with you” works only with ships. KOTOR did it first, from what I canremember, and it was great, the same with ME. In other titles it always feels like bunch of people tag along and then sit on their asses for the majority of the adventure.
-
The 5 person party and remedial cases.
Wormerine replied to prototype00's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)Deadfire might do a better job encouraging switching companions, as you get to choose your party every time you embark. It was the case when leaving Caed Nua, but they would you go there in the first place?
-
Types of Ships Wishlist
Wormerine replied to nightcobra's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)https://youtu.be/ubZrAmRxy_M
-
Types of Ships Wishlist
Wormerine replied to nightcobra's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)Various ships types varying in stats and features (speed, boarding, evasion, firepower focused). How they look, I don’t really care that much.
-
Monk beta analysis
Stacking is annoyingly confusing.
-
The 5 person party and remedial cases.
Wormerine replied to prototype00's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)Ah, ok. I tend to leave bounties, dragons and arch mages till the very end. That’s probably why.
-
The Deadfire Scavenger Codes - WE FOUND THEM ALL - Cutthroat Cosmo! - Bonus Pets!
Wormerine replied to Ethics Gradient's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)I suspect there won't be anything until the game release and they will just grand a code to get the DLCs...or we wait for mods. If they really started working on it after hearing complaints it might take a while. If I will keep getting over cutthroat Cosmo at this rate I should not even care about it by release. Seems like an odd oversight. I find it hard to believe they didn’t thing of gog users when setting this whole thing up.
-
The 5 person party and remedial cases.
Wormerine replied to prototype00's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)I have been hearing a lot of complain about this XP discrapency on these forums, and in my 3 playthroughs I never encountered anything like that. Maybe it’s something they fixed later on? I didn’t plah Pillars until 2.0 and they introduced adventures in 3.0 I believe. In my recent playthrough characters I didn’t use and stayed in my stronghold were indeed short by 2000-5000 xp of reaching lvl 16. Easily remedied by recruiting them when handing in a single batch of bounties. As PoE is a much more involved gameplay and decision wise that IE games (both ability use and positioning is much more crucial) 5 party actually feels very very good. Redundancy in fights on both player and enemy side has been reduced without limiting complexity of engagements. Curious to see these topics pop up again - I though they were all put to rest when first beta was released. Edit: you reached level 16 by act 2? I am completionist and I didn’t hit lvl cap unti I beat both white marches and were doing 3rd act content. Do you run around with smaller party size?
-
Non-combat party with no size limit
Wormerine replied to Desliriem's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)Would not active party members be physically not present (not interact with relationship system) or they will potentially bringint out every possible conflict possible?
-
Frowning upon proficiency page as a monk
Not shaving for a bit, doesn't hide the stolen face.
-
The Deadfire Scavenger Codes - WE FOUND THEM ALL - Cutthroat Cosmo! - Bonus Pets!
Wormerine replied to Ethics Gradient's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)Could some of the codes be in physical goods? (Guidebook 2 for example)
-
Frowning upon proficiency page as a monk
You changing your profile pic threw me for a loop. Hehe - I made it yesterday as a sort of recreational activity and wanted to see how it looks as an avatar. Good! Finally you stopped wearing my first PCs face. ;-)
-
Beta IV - General Feedback [The Good // The Bad]
I did find Deadfire harder as first, as it’s not exactly like PoE1. Once I figure how interrupts work and how to manage time and protect from being interrupted it got much better. Right now, I find Beta to be at the level of “I need to focus but can win every battle” with exception of Titan whom I have to cheese a bit every time.
-
The Deadfire Scavenger Codes - WE FOUND THEM ALL - Cutthroat Cosmo! - Bonus Pets!
Wormerine replied to Ethics Gradient's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)I watched all of them. Nothing I noticed regarding codes.
-
The Deadfire Scavenger Codes - WE FOUND THEM ALL - Cutthroat Cosmo! - Bonus Pets!
Wormerine replied to Ethics Gradient's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)Still bunch of companion gifs and from what I understand at least two updates (47 is audio and 46 is ???). Closer to release, press stuff might me more prominent, right? We might still get a flood of stuff, though I am sure we missed something. So far they advertised every code we found via twitter right? (including magaizes and Versus Evil store)
-
Deadfire will have FULL Voice over. It's ON!
Wormerine replied to TheisEjsing's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)Aren't Rockstar owned by Take-2?
-
Deadfire will have FULL Voice over. It's ON!
Wormerine replied to TheisEjsing's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)Considering each DLC is projected to cost $10, I think they are going to be of some substance. If they are just a weapon pack or additional ships, I doubt they will sell at that price point. We don't know how they are priced exactly though. Their combined worth is $30 but they might be priced $5, $5 and $20.
-
Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part III
Wormerine replied to Amentep's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)Indiana Jones? They are named after a dog?!
-
New game +
Wormerine replied to Dragonfear's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)From what I understand it's tied to Deadfire's achievements, not PoE1. In beta there is an ingame achievement tab, so I imagine whenever steam or gog works it shouldn't matter as long as game registers it.
-
Worried on System Requirements
Wormerine replied to nightcobra's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)You are not alone. If you were able to playthrough PoE1 without an issue you should be able to run Deadfire, at least on playable level. But it's all a mystery right now. Final specs weren't released yet, optimization isn't finished. The most recent beta release came with significant performance boost, but I have no idea how much it will further improve before the release.
-
Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part III
Wormerine replied to Amentep's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)I agree that “creator meddling” is certainly one narrative. Per the post you’re responding to, I don’t think that it’s applicable here. I think Feargus wants to be able to point to Deadfire as the crown jewel of Obsidian and is pulling out all the stops he can to achieve that. But... that's good, right? And why wouldn't he? PoE is their own IP - the better it does, the better they do. If we follow this thread, and assume that previous susicion that Josh doesn't support full VO is true - than Josh doesn't want Deadfire to be Obsidian's crown jewel...?
-
Deadfire will have FULL Voice over. It's ON!
Wormerine replied to TheisEjsing's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)Hello! By all means, this is the first legit concern I have seen on these forum regarding full VO. It all depends on what those three DLCs will be. Me, like most I believe, am interested in story content. Commitment to full VO indeed increases production budget if they are to fit into the game. But who is to say that all three will be story expansions? What if the meatiest of the DLCs will be an expansion, while two other will be smaller DLCs to keep Deadfire pop up, before the 3rd one is released? In some streames when talking about additonal ship mechanics he mentioned that it could appear as DLC/free content update. What is speculation? Unintentional reveal? Who knows Only time will tell. I am bracing myself for some of the DLCs to not be White Marches.