Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wormerine

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wormerine

  1. Recent survey Return to Caed Nua included some curious quest resolutions. In my coming-to-an-end pre-Deadifre playthrough I attempted to test some of those curious paths. My findings aren't mindblowing but as some people expressed interest in my experiments here they are: 1) Question: To which god did you pledge your allegiance during your quest to end Waedwen's Legacy? This one is curious because as questionare's answers suggest it is impossible to progress to Sun in Shadow without pledging allegiance to at least on of the gods. Couple people confirmed it before but here it is: You don't have to ally with any of the gods to descend to Sun in Shadow. Souls are given to you after doing initial god's quest (before being allowed to speak to them) and you don't have to do anything further. 2) Question: What happened to Vela, the baby orlan? The possiblt surprising answer was: "I gave the baby to a family that would take care of it, and killed Simoc." I feel like I talked to every NPC in the game, and none ackowledged presence of Vela. I also tried killing Simoc first, and then stealing Vela, however conversation with Simoc son was the same, even though his Papa was dead at that time. If it exists its either very very obscure or very situational. 3) Question: What became of the Sky Dragon terrorizing Hylea's temple? Answer: "I mortally wounded the dragon, but at the last minute, I allowed it to flee wth its offspring" Didn't make it happened and tried many many things. You either allow her to stay, or you fight to death.
  2. Yeah for me it’s mostly some of the effects.
  3. I hope so. For me its not consistant 60fps, and while not running a beast machine... well, I would like to be able to run it well, or be able to downgrade graphics enough to be able to run it well. Right now its a bit rough.
  4. *Cough, cough* What you want to say is:
  5. Oh, that one is fantastic. I ponder having my orlan get a sex change during this 5 year period... probably not though.
  6. Yeah, the slider is tricky to use with mouse. There are shortcuts for it (https://imgur.com/EJXZO83), though for some reasons they are inverted - with smart camera I have no longer need for WASDa so I bound the slider to S and D as it was in PoE1. Now all I want is to use the same shortcut for out of combat acceleration. I often press D outside a combat out of habit, and once the combat starts I am in Benny Hill mode. I personally like the assigned speeds. Maybe its customizable via game files?
  7. True, but I feel PoE1 “saving spells” problem is more down to xp float. I don’t use spells in PoE for half of the game, but it is mostly because I don’t have to. Enemies are weak, they usually die before my casters can finish the spell, and unlike Deadfire I can’t retarget it, which means damaging my people once they move forward if it’s AoE or loose the spell if it was single target. Much more fun in expansions, which put up a better challenge.
  8. I get all those reasons. I have a good friend, who shares the same attitude - he doesn’t like rereading books, replaying games or rewatching movies. For that reason he also dislikes games which cut of content from you based on your decisions (like RPGs). He also hates spoilers. We headbutt a lot. I personally, if I don’t feel like rewatching or replaying or rereading a work, than it means it’s not very good. I find story more engaging when I know where it is going as I can watch it develop. I often find my second playthrough/rewatch/reread more enjoyable because of that. Why would I even want an expansion to a game, which I am not compelled to revisit?
  9. Not a biggie. Except of a feeling of being potentially screwed over, if gog version wont get access to those, I find it fairly harmless. The content is skippable and it doesn't require me to instal any crap on any of my devices. I am still trying to figure out what Obsidian (or versus evil) gets out of that. Publicity? I am not sure if it will get attention of people who aren't closely following the game.
  10. Nothing is known, except that there are three pieces of DLC planned for Deadfire, together worth $30. Also while you are entitled to your own opinions, you are wrong ;-)
  11. https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/172844241666/die-warnhinweise-und-sch%C3%A4del-kennzeichnungen-bei I know no German, but I assume it is about the difficulty indicator. For all those who want get their faces smashed the difficulty indicator is toggable now.
  12. I see little physical resemblance. Tis possible they tweaked the portraits further after performances were recorded. Eothas could use a purple mohawk.
  13. They should more or less. PoE1 required 2 version of portraits: large and small ones. Those are still in deadfire: However, in addition it also uses a third type of portrait for scripted interactions: The 3rd one has the same size and format as the small portrait, so it is entirely possible that it will use small portrait, if waterpainted one isn't available. If not it is as simple as making another copy under a different name. EDIT: Yup, just tested it: created a custom portrait using editor to which link I sent you later, and copied my mug into Deadfire player portrait folder. It accepted it without an issue and used the smaller portrait instead of the waterpainted one.
  14. Ok. I never knew that amount of empower scales with level. As we start at level 6 and go up to 8 I am used to 2 empowers per level and I always assumed that's a stable number. Just created a lvl 5 character and he has 1 empower per rest.
  15. Just watched the full stream. What cought my attention was that Josh described empower as "once per battle resource" and all the companions had only one empower available at all time. It is not possible to see if empower got drained after use as the streamer immediately rested after the battle he used empowers in, but I wonder if empower became per-encounter resource as well.
  16. Maybe they want us to engage in community activities before we disappear from the face of the earth playing Deadfire.
  17. All you need to do is crop it and copy it into PC portrait folder. Dimensions are the same as PoE1 so You should be able to do that here: http://www.notra.fr/portrait.php The bigger issue is matching water painted portraits style. In this thread some nice people with photoshop skills were helping others with that. Once you have portrait you want a water painted version of you can post it there and hope for the best. https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/91743-portraits/page-35 There are plenty of portraits there aleady. You might find something to your liking.
  18. I always fought of Xoti as young. And yes, Serafen sounds more... cultured and educated than I expected. But cool! Looking forward to getting to know them.
  19. So yes, there is reason to way, unless you know if you want steam. I am a gog person, so in your place I would wait until they find a way to connect scavenger hunt with gog. If they won’t do it I would certainly go for steam. There are benefits to procrastinating after all.
  20. Gog is not currently supported, hopefully they will figure something out within the month, or I will be upset.
  21. Yay, I'm a scavenger too Anyway, my bad. I had no idea this had been going on for so long. I got this email from Obsi and assumed it was a new thing, and when I checked the forums briefly I saw nothing that mentioned a scavenger hunt Its a new thing, as if it wasn't officially announced before. Those codes have been compiled for quite a while as you can see. Now we know what they are for.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.